Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Nov 10th 2016, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by morpeth
About what ?

Are you saying the people protesting are tolerant of people who have different views ? I remember living in Bay Area the intolerance of so many of anyone didn't have a PC vision of the world, so protests there just remind me of that intolerance.

Or students I hired from UC Berkley who told me that in class they had to be very careful what they said in class if it different from a leftist point of view. Hardly a university known for being open-minded towards different points of view.
Intolerance of racism and hate isn't the problem.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 1:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Nov 10th 2016, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Because Obama said all Mexicans were rapists.

The comparison isn't even remotely valid.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Because Obama said all Mexicans were rapists.

The comparison isn't even remotely valid.
Huh?

People notice. The TV stations covered what actually happens last night.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ns-us-election

Odd rticle for the Guardian actually covered reality.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 1:48 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Literally, somebody called Trump, "God's #1 truth warrior" ...
That's a weird one, because apart from his pandering to Evangelicals to get their vote, I'm pretty sure Trump is an atheist, or at the very least non-religious agnostic.

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Protests "its the American way I guess"

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theg...?client=safari
That First Amendment is a bitch, isn't it?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
Huh?

People notice. The TV stations covered what actually happens last night.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ns-us-election

Odd rticle for the Guardian actually covered reality.
People are protesting because Trump got elected even after disqualifying himself with racist, xenophobic and sexist comments.

So, of course no one protested Obama's win - because he didn't make those comments.

The inability of Republicans to see this glaring difference is what worries me about the next 4 years. The current crop of Republicans coming to power are not smart, reasonable or logical.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Nov 10th 2016 at 1:59 am.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:11 am
Account Closed

People are protesting because Trump got elected even after disqualifying himself with racist, xenophobic and sexist comments.

So, of course no one protested Obama's win - because he didn't make those comments.

The inability of Republicans to see this glaring difference is what worries me about the next 4 years. The current crop of Republicans coming to power are not smart, reasonable or logical.
That's fine then.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying the people protesting are tolerant of people who have different views ? I remember living in Bay Area the intolerance of so many of anyone didn't have a PC vision of the world, so protests there just remind me of that intolerance.
Huh? I protested the Iraq war because I believed (correctly as it turned out) that I was being lied to by the Bush administration. Does that make me intolerant Your broad brush statement suggests to me that you are the one with intolerance issues.

On another note I'm seeing far more class from Obama and Clinton than I did from Republicans when Obama was elected eight years ago. Both have said Trump should be given a chance; compare and contrast to Republican statements as soon as Obama was elected that they would do anything to block him.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 10th 2016 at 2:49 am.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:31 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That's a weird one, because apart from his pandering to Evangelicals to get their vote, I'm pretty sure Trump is an atheist, or at the very least non-religious agnostic.
The only interest in church I'd ever seen Trump show previously was that he used to tell Ivana he was going to church and would meet Marla there.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:33 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
The only interest in church I'd ever seen Trump show previously was that he used to tell Ivana he was going to church and would meet Marla there.
Brilliant ...
Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Intolerance of racism and hate isn't the problem.
I lived in Bay Area for a while and often came across intolerance of difference views, and if one voiced opinions different than the conventional wisdom there, then the intolerance was seen- of course justified because the other was labelled racist or anti-earth or whatever other accusation could be made. The extremism of people I saw often in Bay Area and from the left, strikes me as very similar as those on the extreme right, same sort of mindset in my opinion.

Or comments and attitudes expressed towards evangelical Christians by quite a few people I met in Bay Area.

Reminds of the 1970's in Europe. I was studying and often engaged in debates with communists who had very extreme views of what they justified. But we could afterwards have a class of wine and not engage in name calling. Nor believe that one is always right and not willing to consider other points of view.

I just think intolerance towards people of whatever view and extreme partisanship is part of reason the country is so divided and unable to deal with many problems.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
It is weird the pandering Trump did but I don't think evangelicals fooled but just were opposed to Clinton.

I do know a few Catholics who were thinking of voting for Clinton, but after Podesta's comments about Catholics decided to vote for Trump.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 3:10 am
I have a comma problem

Christianity is like a cancer in this country. I'm all for religious freedom but when it gets tangled up in the decision making process that will affect the lives of all Americans, it gets my hackles up.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I lived in Bay Area for a while and often came across intolerance of difference views, and if one voiced opinions different than the conventional wisdom there, then the intolerance was seen- of course justified because the other was labelled racist or anti-earth or whatever other accusation could be made. The extremism of people I saw often in Bay Area and from the left, strikes me as very similar as those on the extreme right, same sort of mindset in my opinion.

Or comments and attitudes expressed towards evangelical Christians by quite a few people I met in Bay Area.

Reminds of the 1970's in Europe. I was studying and often engaged in debates with communists who had very extreme views of what they justified. But we could afterwards have a class of wine and not engage in name calling. Nor believe that one is always right and not willing to consider other points of view.

I just think intolerance towards people of whatever view and extreme partisanship is part of reason the country is so divided and unable to deal with many problems.
When he said all Mexicans are rapists, he's already proven to be racist, there's no grey area here or accusations to throw around.

When he said he rates women on a scale, or only cares if they're pretty with nice boobs, or it's OK to grab them by the pussy etc etc, there's no gray area, he's a misogynistic twat who is endorsing sexual assault.

But of course it's ok because he's promised job protection.... ironically for a Republican.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Nov 10th 2016 at 3:16 am.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Teckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Christianity is like a cancer in this country. I'm all for religious freedom but when it gets tangled up in the decision making process that will affect the lives of all Americans, it gets my hackles up.
Well said. What did Hitch say? It poisons everything. Of course, Christianity is not unique on that front either, just happens to be the dominant force in US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.