2016 Election

Old Aug 19th 2016, 4:18 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
It Ain't Over Till It's Over – Patrick J. Buchanan - Official Website
A good and useful column from Pat Buchanan. I don't think everybody will agree with the whole of it - I don't myself - but it's a very objective piece, which will appeal to those who are prepared to be objective.
You know how the meaning of literally has changed and how annoying that is? Have they gone and done the same thing with objective?

All this is is a bunch of republican talking points strung together to make a barely coherent article.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

A good and useful column from Pat Buchanan. I don't think everybody will agree with the whole of it - I don't myself - but it's a very objective piece, which will appeal to those who are prepared to be objective.
Where do you find this crap?

Anyway, trumponomics? Tax cuts for the rich and tariffs on imports. Hmm, nope.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Provide link, claim it's "objective" without providing any rationale to support the claim, rinse, repeat...

Last edited by Giantaxe; Aug 19th 2016 at 4:44 am.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 5:19 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

A good and useful column from Pat Buchanan.
I'll be able to travel to Atlantis and back before Buchanan writes anything that is good and useful
Old Aug 19th 2016, 1:24 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

While I disagree with your assertion that this may be objective, I will absolutely take issue with any notion that it is "good" or "useful."

It becomes semi-literate barely half-a-dozen paragraphs in. Here is one paragraph in its entirety:
They must recreate in the public mind that Hillary Clinton who 56 percent of the nation thought should have been indicted for lying in the server scandal, and who two-thirds of the nation said was dishonest or untrustworthy.
They must recreate what in the public mind? This sentence has no object, it stops before it gets there.

And yet, a couple of paragraphs later, he throws in an unusual word like "immiseration" which is rarely otherwise used except in Marxist economic theory. Is Pat Buchanan a closet Marxixt, perhaps?

I was so flummoxed by the poor grammar, and by the appalling composition style (my sixth-grader writes better essays) that I'm not sure what, if any, was the point Mr Buchanan was trying to make. Perhaps you could paraphrase in words that actually make sense when strung together?
Old Aug 19th 2016, 1:30 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
While I disagree with your assertion that this may be objective, I will absolutely take issue with any notion that it is "good" or "useful."

It becomes semi-literate barely half-a-dozen paragraphs in. Here is one paragraph in its entirety:

They must recreate what in the public mind? This sentence has no object, it stops before it gets there.

And yet, a couple of paragraphs later, he throws in an unusual word like "immiseration" which is rarely otherwise used except in Marxist economic theory. Is Pat Buchanan a closet Marxixt, perhaps?

I was so flummoxed by the poor grammar, and by the appalling composition style (my sixth-grader writes better essays) that I'm not sure what, if any, was the point Mr Buchanan was trying to make. Perhaps you could paraphrase in words that actually make sense when strung together?
This gets back to my point about the problem of relying upon belief instead of facts.

First, the GOP beats the drum for over two decades about the terribly corrupt Clinton.

Then, when people believe it, then that visceral reaction provides the justification for voting for the closest thing to a brown shirt that the US has had as a presidential candidate. They don't need the facts -- it's all about belief.

Voters should be held to higher standards. Preferences based upon nonsense deserve to be shouted down. The email server is a non-story -- if the federal government had better technology, then alternatives would not have been necessary, as Powell experienced himself. It's not as if Clinton was some rogue grunt in the department -- she ran the department, which allowed her to set departmental policy.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 1:32 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Anyway, trumponomics? Tax cuts for the rich and tariffs on imports. Hmm, nope.
Don't forget the bit about renegotiating US debt. That will be fun.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 2:19 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Don't forget the bit about renegotiating US debt. That will be fun.
Isn't Trump's favourite tactic, when it comes to renegotiating debt, to simply declare bankruptcy and walk away? I can't see the US economy taking very kindly to that kind of treatment...
Old Aug 19th 2016, 2:21 pm
I love my brick!

Isn't Trump's favourite tactic, when it comes to renegotiating debt, to simply declare bankruptcy and walk away? I can't see the US economy taking very kindly to that kind of treatment...
Yep, that's his plan. So he'll either nuke the global economy or nuke the planet.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 2:28 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Manafort has apparently just resigned.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 2:57 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Paul Manafort has apparently just resigned.
Awwww shucks. Who will represent the Russian spy portion of the US electorate now?
Old Aug 19th 2016, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Awwww shucks. Who will represent the Russian spy portion of the US electorate now?
All he has left is the neo-nazi running his campaign.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 8:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So am I. There's an open thread on the Site Feedback forum - perhaps you could add your tuppen'orth in there...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/site-...videos-881931/
Who do I believe Colin Powell or Hillary Clinton? She has probably short circuited again.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 9:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

There's a new UK TV programme coming soon called Newzoids, bit of a spitting image clone. They have people like Ant and Dec, Simon Cowell, Andy Murray, Mo Farah, and, of course Donald Trump, whose puppet has, as his hair, a cat. The Trump character says, of course they will treat me well, they would never make fun of me.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kansas being the flag bearer for Trumponomics is doing so well...

Wow: What an utterly disastrous new July jobs report for Kansas and Gov. Sam Brownback and his supporters | The Kansas City Star

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.