Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Aug 6th 2015, 1:32 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
As evidenced, nobody in the USA can afford to have Fox News.
It's even more shit if you can afford a cable package, and you have it slipped in there as a channel even though you don't want it.

We should all have the option to have Faux Noise removed from our package in exchange for having HBO added at a discounted rate . **** it, I'll remove all the news stations, if I can watch Game of Thrones for free.

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Have we coined a word: Cecilized?
Christ, I hope not. Though, it's ghastly enough to fit in with all the other BE-coined words ...
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's even more shit if you can afford a cable package, and you have it slipped in there as a channel even though you don't want it.

We should all have the option to have Faux Noise removed from our package in exchange for having HBO added at a discounted rate . **** it, I'll remove all the news stations, if I can watch Game of Thrones for free.
I'm sort of with you on that. I'd get rid of MSNBC and a bunch of other stations I never watch, in exchange for discounted HBO and Game of Thrones. But that won't happen with DirecTV.

I like FNC because they have the blondest news anchorettes with the greatest legs and shortest skirts in the news business. Best eye candy on the air.

Also, Megyn Kelly is without question the smartest female interviewer on any of the news channels - even though she's also blonde with great legs. She doesn't ask stupid questions like that ditz who was the only one who interviewed Hillary, and who used that opportunity to breathlessly ask her to tell the world her favorite flavour of ice cream.

Last edited by FlaviusAetius; Aug 6th 2015 at 2:06 am.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:22 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Have we coined a word: Cecilized?
Cecilated.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:30 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to the debates tonight. I'm hoping this will give me a jump-start and help shake my present state of political apathy. I will have to record the first one, which I fully intend to watch in its entirety (eventually). I can't resist the urge to follow Rick Perry's every move --- it's a Texas thing --- even if I don't support him, I'm still interested in how he does. The "Texas thing" does not transfer over to Ted Cruz, who I look at as a carpetbagger of sorts, and whose face I cannot help myself from wanting to smash.

Before the 24 hour news cycle, the debates were often the first look we had at the candidates. And for most of the country, I would imagine that's still the case, political junkies are in the minority. The debates weren't always a media circus (Idiocracy is not the future --- it is the now) and you mostly had to find them on PBS, CSPAN, or public radio.

I supported (the ridiculously handsome) then senator, Al Gore in 1988. Prior to the debates I had never even heard of him. Incidentally, Rick Perry (who was a democrat at the time) also supported Al Gore in the 1988 race.

There's a nice dust-up between Gore and Dukakis in this debate.

Democratic Candidates Debate | Video | C-SPAN.org
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:32 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sort of with you on that. I'd get rid of MSNBC and a bunch of other stations I never watch, in exchange for discounted HBO and Game of Thrones. But that won't happen with DirecTV.
If you ask me, the news channels are the ones that should be the 'extra packages' and the useful ones like HBO and other movie channels should be included in the 350-channel or equivalent (or GL, if you excuse the car analogy) package.

I like FNC because they have the blondest news anchorettes with the greatest legs and shortest skirts in the news business. Best eye candy on the air.
Though, you get to see actual tits in Game of Thrones, not the allegorical 'tits' you get on FNC ...
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:51 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Megyn Kelly is without question the smartest female interviewer on any of the news channels
Yes, the Fox News anchor who goes out of her way to argue that Jesus was a white guy is a real genius.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:53 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Yes, the Fox News anchor who goes out of her way to argue that Jesus was a white guy is a real genius.
Anthropology is the work of the devil, surely ... ?
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

And Santa!!! Don't be scared kids, Santa really is white!!!
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:57 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Well the original Santa was black, but he was shot by a redneck who found him in his living room.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:12 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
What's hilarious is that she strenuously argues against the idea of a non-white Santa based upon her view that there is no need to be inclusive, while missing the fact that Jesus, a Middle Eastern dude, is portrayed to Europeans as being white for the sake of, er, inclusiveness.

And to think that this is what passes in right-wing circles for genius.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:14 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, the bar is set very low.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:15 am
I have a comma problem

What's hilarious is that she strenuously argues against the idea of a non-white Santa based upon her view that there is no need to be inclusive, while missing the fact that Jesus, a Middle Eastern dude, is portrayed to Europeans as being white for the sake of, er, inclusiveness.

She has completely ignored the fact that for either of them to be able to do what it is claimed they can, they'd both have to be aliens, rather than a Palestinean carpenter and an Inuit in a red suit.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:18 am
Bloody Yank

Originally Posted by zargof
To be fair, the bar is set very low.
They must have buried it several feet below ground.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Adios mother****ers!

04:20 onwards is just great:

Jon Stewart Blasts Fox News' Hypocrisy | Video | Media Matters for America
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:52 am
WTF?

I hear that quite often, how uber intelligent Megyn Kelly is.

When I said that Donald Trump would be a flash in the pan, I wasn't underestimating Donald Trump, he's played exactly to type so far. Where I missed the mark is in overestimating the intelligence of a significant portion of the US populace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.