Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Apr 14th 2015, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by MMcD
......because she would (or wouldn't) have......?
I think she would have shown more spine than Obama and been less naive in dealing with intransigent opponents.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I think she would have shown more spine than Obama and been less naive in dealing with intransigent opponents.
Well she can still demonstrate both those qualities - if she is eventually elected.

And she'll be doing so with something she lacked at that time:
Extensive foreign policy experience
Old Apr 15th 2015, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that one of the four pillars of Hillary's campaign is to take the big money out of politics...this is after she raises her goal of $2.5 billion (more than the combined amount spent by both sides in the 2012 campaign)...and THEN after she's flooded the country with her campaign money and won the election...she will take the big money out of politics, register millions of "undocumented" aliens as Democrats and turn this into a one-party country. Glad I'm a dual citizen - memo to self - get my wife added to the rolls as a Brit.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Interesting that one of the four pillars of Hillary's campaign is to take the big money out of politics...this is after she raises her goal of $2.5 billion (more than the combined amount spent by both sides in the 2012 campaign)...and THEN after she's flooded the country with her campaign money and won the election...she will take the big money out of politics, register millions of "undocumented" aliens as Democrats and turn this into a one-party country. Glad I'm a dual citizen - memo to self - get my wife added to the rolls as a Brit.
Shame we do not have a like button rather than Karma.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

If she wins, and if she wins because of money, then the Republicans can thank themselves since they were the idiots who pushed for raising / removing limits and allowing for Super-PACs.

I really, really, really hope she wins. As Sally said, just solidify ACA, keep minimum wages up, and don't bomb Iran, and I'll be happy. Well, that, and keep religion out of the classroom (or at least no closer than it already is) and ... most important of all ... keep the utter nut-job right-wingers out of the job!
Old Apr 17th 2015, 1:45 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I really, really, really hope she wins. As Sally said, just solidify ACA, keep minimum wages up, and don't bomb Iran, and I'll be happy. Well, that, and keep religion out of the classroom (or at least no closer than it already is) and ... most important of all ... keep the utter nut-job right-wingers out of the job!
Yes, amen to all this!

Old Apr 17th 2015, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Poll: Hillary 2016 | MSNBC

Vote now! Interesting to see the numbers. There are some sane people.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

Nothing or no-one could persuade me to vote for her.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be a very low voter turnout. There are many Democrats who hate her, albeit less than they hate any of the Republicans likely to run.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I wont vote republican, and I don't think Clinton can do much to get me to vote for her, so not sure who I'll vote for. Suppose I can always use the write in spot and vote for myself.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

Most sane people don't watch MSNBC (look at their share of the news viewership)...hate to disappoint, but the poll is not terribly meaningful. Perhaps if you took a poll of TEA Party members you might be lucky to get 13% who plan to vote for Hillary - equally meaningless. The thing may come down to a dynastic race between the Bush family and the Clinton family (I certainly hope there will be fresh faces and fresh ideas on both sides of the divide).
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Most sane people don't watch MSNBC (look at their share of the news viewership)...hate to disappoint, but the poll is not terribly meaningful. Perhaps if you took a poll of TEA Party members you might be lucky to get 13% who plan to vote for Hillary - equally meaningless. The thing may come down to a dynastic race between the Bush family and the Clinton family (I certainly hope there will be fresh faces and fresh ideas on both sides of the divide).
Online polls are notoriously gamed and boted to the point that some people see it as a fun sport rather than anything meaningful these days.

I read somewhere that many are saying Bush is far from a GOP favorite at this point.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

My m-i-l was telling me how everyone hated Obama from a poll just after he was elected (20% like, 80% dislike) until I pointed out that those were Fox News polls. I was surprised he did that well in them! Never trust any done by the big three cable news channels.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 9:03 am
Account Closed

MSNBC would not count.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Online polls are notoriously gamed and boted to the point that some people see it as a fun sport rather than anything meaningful these days.

I read somewhere that many are saying Bush is far from a GOP favorite at this point.
My point, exactly regarding the MSNBC poll - and similar polls from Fox News would be similarly suspect, unless they are simply reporting a poll from one of the majors such as Gallup or Quinnipiac. Even then, the polls will shift over the course of time. It is really important to look within the polls to see what samples were used, the size of the sample, how they were obtained, and which questions were asked. That is one reason why internal polls of the candidates are generally considered far more reliable.

As one of the very few (vanishingly few) conservatives on this site (but you don't just want those who preach to the choir do you? - Pulaski and I have a job to do), I can state that among my peers there is a genuine dislike for Jeb Bush and a sense that he would go down to defeat in a contest with Hillary.

This is primarily because my side of the aisle has a significant proportion of purists who would stay home on Election Day rather than taint themselves by voting for someone who stands for less than 100% of their values. We could call this the "Suicide Wing" of the Party. Many of us believe that both the Party and the country would have been better off if Jeb had been our candidate in 2000 rather than "W."

As it is, if the Republicans can pull this off, it will be a surprise to me. An even bigger surprise would be if we can also hold the Senate. Everyone can rest assured that even if we win the Presidency but lose the Senate, Chuckie Schumer will see to it that absolutely nothing gets done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.