2016 Election

Old Jul 7th 2016, 2:33 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Leslie
I don't like any mistreatment of Bernie but he is dragging his feet. He needs to be given the top speaking spot at the convention and whatever he wants on the platform and then we can all move on.

EDIT: I only say this because I'm afraid Bernie is losing his moment.
I get that, but he is still getting wins like Hillary moving towards his college plan. I haven't looked at the details yet, but it's a lot closer to what Bernie proposed than before. I don't know if there is anything else coming, but a quick endorsement was never going to work. I don't know if there are actually intense negotiations, or it's just for show, but it's the right call for it seem like Bernie is fighting hard for everything if you want to convince Sanders supporters to get on board IMO.

Last edited by zargof; Jul 7th 2016 at 2:41 am.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 3:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I find the prospect of Crooked and Trump being the options in November slightly amusing, perhaps I will need to pinch myself to make sure it is not just a nightmare.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 3:47 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I find the prospect of Crooked and Trump being the options in November slightly amusing, perhaps I will need to pinch myself to make sure it is not just a nightmare.
I believe a giant meteor destroying the earth is currently polling around 13%.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/06/presidential-race-shaping-up-similarly-to-2012.html

Last edited by zargof; Jul 7th 2016 at 3:50 am.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 4:02 am
I love my brick!

This is totally true. Barack Obama and Bernie Sanders have done a far better job of making the case that Hillary Clinton shouldn't be president than any one in the GOP ever have.

https://newrepublic.com/article/134876/donald-trump-no-clue-attack-hillary-clinton
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:17 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Is Trey Gowdy even alive? He looks like a 3 day old corpse. And who was that other cadaver that the GOP trotted out today? The one with the bad toupee.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:28 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Is Trey Gowdy even alive? He looks like a 3 day old corpse. And who was that other cadaver that the GOP trotted out today? The one with the bad toupee.
Trey was visibly lacking in chicken grease for this inquisition.

The other old fart wandered into the realms of '...have you seen the musical Hamilton?'

What a pair of plonkers.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:53 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
Trey was visibly lacking in chicken grease for this inquisition.

The other old fart wandered into the realms of '...have you seen the musical Hamilton?'

What a pair of plonkers.

I think Gowdy's staff has taken to powdering him down.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 4:23 am
I love my brick!

I think Gowdy's staff has taken to powdering him down.
All this talk of Trey Gowdy got me thinking - what does Darrell Issa think about all this, he's always great when you need some batshittery. And sure enough, he doesn't disappoint.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/07/06/3795983/darrell-issa-shutdown-government-because-hillary-clinton/
Old Jul 8th 2016, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Periodically I look in here - kind of like visiting the funhouse at the Great Allentown Fair. I see the Comey stuff was off the table in a bit under 48 hours and Trey Gowdy's appearance is the topic of the moment. Not what he brought out from Comey...no, his appearance.

I am resigned to a Clinton presidency, with all that means for the Supreme Court. Trump self-destructs EVERY time he gets off the teleprompter. He'll probably take the Senate and maybe even the House down with him.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Periodically I look in here - kind of like visiting the funhouse at the Great Allentown Fair. I see the Comey stuff was off the table in a bit under 48 hours and Trey Gowdy's appearance is the topic of the moment. Not what he brought out from Comey...no, his appearance.
Instead of doing your normal sniping at posts on this thread, why don't you add some cogent analysis of your own?

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 8th 2016 at 4:21 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Instead of criticizing postings on this thread, why don't you add some cogent analysis of your own?
What's the point? This is not a serious thread. The Trey Gowdy thing is symptomatic of what happens when just about everyone who is not left or centre-left (with the exception of Boiler) has abandoned it for the reason that we don't feel like being abused with ugly ad hominem attacks when we do post.

For a thread with interesting posts and reasoned and cogent analysis, take a look at the Brexit thread. No, sorry, don't go there. Please don't go there.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 4:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

What's the point? This is not a serious thread.
Of course it's not, this isn't a political forum. It's just a bunch of people living in America talking about the election coming up.

I mean, if you were expecting in-depth analysis or hard-hitting commentary, of course you were going to be disappointed.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

What's the point? This is not a serious thread. The Trey Gowdy thing is symptomatic of what happens when just about everyone who is not left or centre-left (with the exception of Boiler) has abandoned it for the reason that we don't feel like being abused with ugly ad hominem attacks when we do post.
Aside from you and themadpooper (who seems to have either left BE or been banned from it) who are all these right wing posters? I certainly agree that this thread sorely needs right wing viewpoints, but all we've seen are Boiler's predictable pictorial memes, themadpooper's continual ad-hominem attacks on anybody who disagrees with him and your flouncing home to mummy when called out on your more obvious nonsense such as your nazi comparisons. Predictably you'd rather snipe than step up your game.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 8th 2016 at 5:18 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Of course it's not, this isn't a political forum. It's just a bunch of people living in America talking about the election coming up.

I mean, if you were expecting in-depth analysis or hard-hitting commentary, of course you were going to be disappointed.
I guess he is expecting high level discourse such as one gets in a Fox News comments section.

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Aside from you and themadpooper (who seems to have either left BE or been banned from it)
I got the impression from elsewhere that he is serving a ban right now.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Election Update: Is Gary Johnson Taking More Support From Clinton Or Trump? | FiveThirtyEight

Interesting analysis on the effect of third party candidates and who they are more likely to pull from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.