Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Jul 9th 2016, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Either of them could shoot someone and get away with it, but only she would be elected.

I'm not concerned about GOP talking points, but with what Comey laid out. Zargof is 100% correct in his assessment. He worked in the defence field and I was in the Army Counterintelligence Corps in the '60s and we both see the danger of what she did and how anyone not named "Hillary Clinton" would have been prosecuted.

The main GOP talking point in this area will probably be how she is deceitful and above the law - and no one should be above the law.
Except Comey recommended no charges against Hillary or any of her staff involved. There was not even one low level scapegoat.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 5:53 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Except Comey recommended no charges against Hillary or any of her staff involved. There was not even one low level scapegoat.
I never said anything about a prosecution, as has been shown the standard for indictment is high.

One aspect that hasn't been widely publicized is the fact that the State Department investigation was halted so as not to interfere with the FBI investigation. This has now restarted and I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of Clinton's minions got some form of punishment from that.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I never said anything about a prosecution, as has been shown the standard for indictment is high.

One aspect that hasn't been widely publicized is the fact that the State Department investigation was halted so as not to interfere with the FBI investigation. This has now restarted and I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of Clinton's minions got some form of punishment from that.
Zargof, if the worst case scenario happens and Trump - who is it at the opposite pole from your guy - gets elected, will it be time to sound the "Departure for the Cosmic Twilight"?
Old Jul 9th 2016, 9:11 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Zargof, if the worst case scenario happens and Trump - who is it at the opposite pole from your guy - gets elected, will it be time to sound the "Departure for the Cosmic Twilight"?
I have no idea what I'll, because I have no idea what Trump will do. I do know that the go bags will be stocked and ready if needed.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is interested in "Departure for the Cosmic Twilight" it is Zargof's greatest hit. I can only listen to the first 3 minutes, but others may enjoy more:

If the worst happens, it might be our Zargof's exit melody.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 3:10 am
I love my brick!

If anyone is interested in "Departure for the Cosmic Twilight" it is Zargof's greatest hit. I can only listen to the first 3 minutes, but others may enjoy more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rJid7J_Dg

If the worst happens, it might be our Zargof's exit melody.
Yes, I am aware of their existence. Brazilian band I believe.

The question is how come you know about them? Are you stalking me?
Old Jul 10th 2016, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, I am aware of their existence. Brazilian band I believe.

The question is how come you know about them? Are you stalking me?
No. I knew about Zargof before I joined Expats. I thought that, unlike me you were a fan, and assumed that's where your moniker originated. You know what they say about "assume." Sorry.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 4:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who isn't a fan?
Old Jul 10th 2016, 4:58 am
I love my brick!

No. I knew about Zargof before I joined Expats. I thought that, unlike me you were a fan, and assumed that's where your moniker originated. You know what they say about "assume." Sorry.
No, I've been using this handle for longer than they have existed. It's interesting that you know about an obscure Brazilian rock band, I didn't think it would be to your taste.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 5:00 am
Account Closed

To be fair a quick Google and its all about them. sorry you do not get a mention.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 5:06 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Boiler
To be fair a quick Google and its all about them. sorry you do not get a mention.
I'm not surprised, but why would someone be googling me?
Old Jul 10th 2016, 5:09 am
Account Closed

Readin this thread? to be honest not something I would have done otherwise.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

In my practice over the years I had many Latin clients and did a lot of immigration work from the '80s into the late '90s. One of them, a guitarist, talked about his favourite bands and mentioned Zargof among others. I forgot about it until I saw your tag, and it rang a bell and dredged up the memory from perhaps 20 years ago.

It is a pretty unusual name and I thought you must have been a fan of the band, although the name almost has a sort of LOTR ring to it. I'm not a metal band fan as my tastes run from Capercaille to Handel.

Last night I did Google "Zargof" to see if there was any information on the band. They seem to still be around, and "Departure" looked like the perfect way to have a little fun with you. Anyway, is there an interesting story behind your moniker?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Cleveland is going to be a shitshow.

AZ GOP delegate to break from Trump vote at national convention next week | 12NEWS.com
Old Jul 11th 2016, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
This could get interesting, especially if the Rent-A-Mob tries to turn it into Chicago 1968.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.