Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by jjmb
Did anyone see Paul Ryan on the Late show with Stephen Colbert last night. .
No - but just watched it here. Thanks

"If at first ('08) you don't succeed, try..."

Steven Colbert for President - 2016

The 'new" Trump, heralded last night by the pundits and punditzies alike, for "acting Presidential" in his victory speech - is even more dangerous than the "old" one.
"Presidential" is as "Presidential" does.
Governing isn't a panto (well - shouldn't be)

Old Apr 20th 2016, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

How nimbly Sanders is able to handle the denouement of his Presidential run will be a telling factor in what I believe is ultimately, for him, even more important than winning the election (which he won't).

I don't think he ever entered the race in order to be President. I think he hoped to use the forum that a run for that office would provide - in order to build a movement across America for what he deems urgent and essential change. I'm sure his campaign manager would disagree...but that's why he's a campaign manager

Although it's reached a grander scale, Sanders' real campaign is an evolving continuation of what's been his life's work.
Along the way however, because he was so unexpectedly successful during the election campaign in building support for his movement - what I think must have seemed entirely far-fetched to him at the start (winning the nomination), morphed into what began to look increasingly, against-all-odds possible. And Bernie's election campaign got enmeshed in its own success.

Now that that possibility has receded and is practically extinguished - I'm sure that once again, as at the start - changing the agenda and affecting change has got to be his fundamental concern.

And that's why, as I said above, I think how he manages the denouement of his election campaign will be a crucial factor in the continuing support for his 'real' campaign.

Meanwhile, as has now become a compulsion, I'll be glued to the telly next week - fingers crossed for a "win" in Pennsylvania, happily settling for Rhode Island instead....all the while appreciating the total absurdity of it all

Last edited by MMcD; Apr 20th 2016 at 10:22 am.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 5:48 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Even if Sander's became President he'd never get any of his agenda through either house which would make him as useless as the proverbial titties on a bull
Old Apr 21st 2016, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dc koop
Even if Sander's became President he'd never get any of his agenda through either house which would make him as useless as the proverbial titties on a bull
And Hillary would?
Old Apr 21st 2016, 10:53 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
And Hillary would?
Worst case, Hillary wouldn't be Trump. And that's a big plus right there.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 12:32 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
And Hillary would?
Despite the open ended thread title here, I think the discussion has mostly been about the 2016 Presidential election. How about the U.S. House and Senate races? Let's say Trump goes to the convention, and the party bosses manage to get someone else nominated, Trump supporters riot, and stay home in significant numbers come Election Day. Clinton is elected president, and there's a significant swing to the democrats in congress too, as a result of republican voters feeling all demoralised and confused. Then Clinton might get her agenda through!
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 12:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robin1234
Despite the open ended thread title here, I think the discussion has mostly been about the 2016 Presidential election. How about the U.S. House and Senate races? Let's say Trump goes to the convention, and the party bosses manage to get someone else nominated, Trump supporters riot, and stay home in significant numbers come Election Day. Clinton is elected president, and there's a significant swing to the democrats in congress too, as a result of republican voters feeling all demoralised and confused. Then Clinton might get her agenda through!
You have ruined my day.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see any scenario where Trump doesn't run as an R or an Independent. The election is HRC's to lose.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 2:32 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
I don't see any scenario where Trump doesn't run as an R or an Independent. The election is HRC's to lose.
Poor guy's going to be all out of money, come Election Day.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Doubtful. He's only lent his campaign his money up to now. Once he's the nominee he'll accept donations and pay himself back. He may be nuts, but he knows how to make money.

That said I am mulling voting for him just to see what happens. HRC doesn't exactly thrill me as a candidate.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 2:40 am
Heading for Poppyland

Doubtful. He's only lent his campaign his money up to now. Once he's the nominee he'll accept donations and pay himself back. He may be nuts, but he knows how to make money.

That said I am mulling voting for him just to see what happens. HRC doesn't exactly thrill me as a candidate.
Be interesting to see who he puts on the Supreme Court for the next two or three vacancies. I'll bet he has a few tame lawyers in his organisation who'll take the job if told to.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robin1234
Be interesting to see who he puts on the Supreme Court for the next two or three vacancies. I'll bet he has a few tame lawyers in his organisation who'll take the job if told to.
Better yet, just scrap the Court altogether - as already suggested by (ex) fellow candidate Bobby Jindal:

Jindal: 'If We Want To Save Some Money Let's Just Get Rid Of The Court'
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

You have ruined my day.
awwww. hoo boo

Go best friend walkies (for next 8 years)
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MMcD
Better yet, just scrap the Court altogether - as already suggested by (ex) fellow candidate Bobby Jindal:

Jindal: 'If We Want To Save Some Money Let's Just Get Rid Of The Court'
I remember him, one of the stupider candidates.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:30 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised looking at the county map of New York on how over whelming was Sanders victory county by county. Just nowhere in the counties that mattered.

...he'll accept donations ....
He already does accept donations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.