Teaching Salaries?

Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all
Default Re: Teaching Salaries?

It would be interesting to hear more views on schools taking on the less experienced teachers over the more experieced teachers in order to save money. We have spoken to a few Aussies recently who say this is very unlikely to be true, especially in the private schools where they want, what they consider, the best teachers and they consider the oldies to be often the best. They suggest it's more of who you know and not necessarily what your CV suggets!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:15 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
It would be interesting to hear more views on schools taking on the less experienced teachers over the more experieced teachers in order to save money. We have spoken to a few Aussies recently who say this is very unlikely to be true, especially in the private schools where they want, what they consider, the best teachers and they consider the oldies to be often the best. They suggest it's more of who you know and not necessarily what your CV suggets!
Sounds about right, though even here in Sunny Northern Ireland, with my now being over threshold I'm considered expensive so... As well, it's often very much who you know, one school I had an interview in, the Principal's daughter got it, good one eh!? lol
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

It's sad the way in which professionals (!) operate jen1977ni! I'll be there on a PR and will be hoping this might help. Melbourne sounds very attractive but looks like WA is the best place 2 find work. When do you hope moving over?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:01 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

It's sad the way in which professionals (!) operate jen1977ni! I'll be there on a PR and will be hoping this might help. Melbourne sounds very attractive but looks like WA is the best place 2 find work. When do you hope moving over?
I have no idea, I'm going on a 175 so I anticipate a long wait ahead! What route are you choosing? 457!?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Perhaps I have been a little ignorant in terms of 175's etc and what they all refer to. I'm applying for Permanent Residence and I'm currently waiting for my Skills Assessment to be completed. My parets will be sponsoring me which I believe is my next step. Does this tell you anything??
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:33 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Perhaps I have been a little ignorant in terms of 175's etc and what they all refer to. I'm applying for Permanent Residence and I'm currently waiting for my Skills Assessment to be completed. My parets will be sponsoring me which I believe is my next step. Does this tell you anything??
Yeah, u must be going on a 176, which has exactly the same speed as a 175, slllllloooooowwwww lol

Are you Primary or Secondary!?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jen,
I have sent you a PM
Old Apr 10th 2009, 8:00 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen,
I have sent you a PM
Roger D lol

Have replied...over and out lol
Old Apr 11th 2009, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

I haven't found that to be the case in Melbourne, well I got offered jobs in two of the best schools in Melbourne (one state one private) without knowing anyone. I did have excellent references (i brought open references with me and attached them to all my applications) and a good cv. I'm in my 5th year of teaching, so middle of the salary range.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

In your experience hereshopping which are the easiest places to find work in Melbourne and which are the best, ie good schools / area?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:17 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hereshoping would it be a waste of my time n money to go to Oz for two months in the summer on a jobhunt?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

If she says yes Jen any chance of you paying for me instead? lol
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

If she says yes Jen any chance of you paying for me instead? lol
Don't even know how I'd pay for it myself, it'd be a credit card job! lol
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

In your experience hereshopping which are the easiest places to find work in Melbourne and which are the best, ie good schools / area?
The easiest places to find work is in the outer suburbs, particularly in the west and north of the city. If you're prepared to travel an hour or more around the city there are plenty of jobs. The best schools are in the inner city and eastern suburbs in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Hereshoping would it be a waste of my time n money to go to Oz for two months in the summer on a jobhunt?
If you're looking for jobs for the start of the 2010 academic year then I'm afraid i think it would be a waste. Jobs are advertised/filled really late over here compared to the UK. Prime time to be applying for jobs is October, November and even into December. We moved over in July with full intention of doing supply for half a year, just so we'd be here to apply for jobs when they came up and were on the ground to do interviews.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:38 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by hereshoping
The easiest places to find work is in the outer suburbs, particularly in the west and north of the city. If you're prepared to travel an hour or more around the city there are plenty of jobs. The best schools are in the inner city and eastern suburbs in my opinion.

If you're looking for jobs for the start of the 2010 academic year then I'm afraid i think it would be a waste. Jobs are advertised/filled really late over here compared to the UK. Prime time to be applying for jobs is October, November and even into December. We moved over in July with full intention of doing supply for half a year, just so we'd be here to apply for jobs when they came up and were on the ground to do interviews.
Okie dokies...ta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.