Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why disturb them?

Why disturb them?

Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:29 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why disturb them?

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Fact is IMO, most troubles around the world are religious based
So Hitler and Stalin did what they did because of religion? The Korean war? Religion? The Romans romped across the known world because of religion? The list goes on.... yet people only ever focus on the Crusades as an example.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
So Hitler and Stalin did what they did because of religion? The Korean war? Religion? The Romans romped across the known world because of religion? The list goes on.... yet people only ever focus on the Crusades as an example.
As somebody important once said..

"Good people do good things and bad people do bad things, but it takes religion to force a good person to do a bad thing"
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:41 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes partly, I was thinking more recent troubles though, I'm not that old
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:42 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
As somebody important once said..

"Good people do good things and bad people do bad things, but it takes religion to force a good person to do a bad thing"
So it was religion that forced millions of Germans to turn a blind eye? Its religion that is making millions of North Koreans do whatever their Esteemed Leader says? Millions of Russians stood by while Stalin et al raped the country of its brightest sons and daughters?

Man is evil, pure and simple, it could be argued that religion, in its purest form was invented to stem that flow of evil....
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:42 am
Straw Man.

Yes partly, I was thinking more recent troubles though, I'm not that old
Go on then... how?
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:46 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Go on then... how?
Hitler and the Jews springs to mind straight off.

Northern Ireland.

Think you may have heard of jihad recently? What bigger troubles have we got than that in recent times?

Last edited by anonimouse; Dec 18th 2010 at 11:55 am.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:50 am

So it was religion that forced millions of Germans to turn a blind eye? Its religion that is making millions of North Koreans do whatever their Esteemed Leader says? Millions of Russians stood by while Stalin et al raped the country of its brightest sons and daughters?

Man is evil, pure and simple, it could be argued that religion, in its purest form was invented to stem that flow of evil....
Wasn't it the Jews and their religion that were being exterminated by Hitler, that gave these millions something to turn a blind eye to?

It was "Most troubles" that was mentioned NOT all

Last edited by anonimouse; Dec 18th 2010 at 11:56 am.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:51 am
Straw Man.

Hitler and the Jews springs to mind straight off.

Think you may have heard of jihad recently? What bigger troubles have we got than that in recent times?
Oh yeah... it was all the Jews fault, damn them for having all the money eh?

The murder and destruction we have vented on this planet in the last 500 years or so is little compared to what damage we did before, you need to learn a bit more of world history before you make sweeping statements I'm afraid, and neither World War (or the Great war as many think it is) was fought over religion... it was all about power.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:51 am
Straw Man.

Wasn't it the Jews and their religion that were being exterminated by Hitler?
That makes absolutely no sense at all.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:01 pm

Well very nice reading your opinions, You have mine.

Just Look at us arguing over religion now......
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:05 pm
Straw Man.

Well very nice reading your opinions, You have mine.

Just Look at us arguing over religion now......
No we're not, its someone's grasp of history being challenged here not religion.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:12 pm

No we're not, its someone's grasp of history being challenged here not religion.
I don't know why your talking history though, I'm talking recent news facts and like I said no body mentioned all troubles, only "most" of them.

It's only my opinion though and I don't claim to be right so you can keep your hair on you won't change it.

I agree with a lot of what you say about mankind liking trouble, but my opinion remains the same, sorry.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think men are evil at all

I do think that power corrupts all but the very best

And religion is a very handy man-made concept with which to transfer power from the masses to the "enlightened few"
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:15 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by cricketman

And religion is a very handy man-made concept with which to transfer power from the masses to the "enlightened few"
Its easier to blame peoples troubles on an intangible being than a physical one... far less risky as a ruler of the masses.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:28 pm

Just one last thought from me on religion,

I was always taught never to talk religion or politics........Any wonder why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.