Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why disturb them?

Why disturb them?

Old Dec 18th 2010, 7:05 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why disturb them?

Originally Posted by cricketman

I find religious people to be unintelligent, boring, annoying and hypocritical.

When I die, if I have to go somewhere, I want it to be wherever they are not going!
Thanks.

Remind me never to go for a drink with you!

(I have been a practising Christian for over thirty years, having come to faith at the age of 30 from being an atheist).

Last edited by scampicat; Dec 18th 2010 at 7:08 am.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 9:34 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Every country in Europe has a lower teenage pregnancy rate than the UK!

Spain also has very liberal laws on these things. The age of consent is 12, prostitution is legal (but pimping is not) and so is smoking cannibis.

And they have very low teenage pregnancy rates, but along with the UK, they are the highest drug takers in Europe!
There's nothing wrong with teenage pregnancy.

The age of consent in Spain is 13.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 9:35 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
Thanks.

(I have been a practising Christian for over thirty years, having come to faith at the age of 30 from being an atheist).
I'm genuinely interested. What turned you?
Old Dec 18th 2010, 9:57 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I too would love to know what turned you.

Fascinating. So lets's see. There's a group of people each one from a different sect or religion, and each one says 'My god is the only true god, and all the rest of you are going to hell!'

At the very, very best odds, only one could be right, if any.

So what makes you so certain that your christian sect is the one that will get you a free backstage pass to heaven, and will you like it when you get there?
Old Dec 18th 2010, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I'm still open minded in that one day I hope to meet an interesting and intelligent religious person.

In the same way that I hope one day to meet a socially balanced, worldly and considerate American

One can only dream!
Old Dec 18th 2010, 10:46 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

It always makes me laugh when someone has the courage to stand up and say they are religious in nature and straight away non religious people jump on them and feel that they should justify their faith. Its the same thing that religious fanatics do when they hear that someone else is of another faith or even worse... without faith.

I've never understood the need for people to impose their views on others, regardless of what they are, they are your own... keep them that way and the world will be a happier place.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 10:51 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
It always makes me laugh when someone has the courage to stand up and say they are religious in nature and straight away non religious people jump on them and feel that they should justify their faith. Its the same thing that religious fanatics do when they hear that someone else is of another faith or even worse... without faith.

I've never understood the need for people to impose their views on others, regardless of what they are, they are your own... keep them that way and the world will be a happier place.
Here, here, there's more trouble created by religion than any thing else
Old Dec 18th 2010, 10:55 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

For once a sensible post from RM, and one I agree 100% with. Karma given
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:01 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I find people a fascinating study. It's interesting how the religious can ignore the elephant in the room, that's all.

I'm not jumping, I'm enquiring.

I don't feel the need to force my views onto anyone else, and like you, I can't understand the need for people to go out and force their views onto others. Whether you worship Hitler, Jesus or SpongeBob Squarepants, that's your business.

However, since most of these sects, especially the christian ones have charitable status and receive state money besides being allowed to indoctrinate children, I actually feel they DO have to justify their beliefs.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:02 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Yeah, religion is pretty disgusting. Add up all the misery caused by the followers of Hitler, Stalin, Jesus, and so on, and that's a hellish weight of misery.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:03 am
bil
Banned

I'm still open minded in that one day I hope to meet an interesting and intelligent religious person.

In the same way that I hope one day to meet a socially balanced, worldly and considerate American

One can only dream!
You really are a crazed fantasist, did you know that?
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:08 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I just don't get how all these folk can stand up and proudly boast they believe all the cr#p that's being preached, I mean you have to admit there's some pretty weird stories about from most if not all religions.

Last edited by anonimouse; Dec 18th 2010 at 11:33 am.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:19 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I love it when people say this... Power. Power is what drives man to kill man. Power over other men, power to rule and control another peoples resources... by saying things like "religion is the source of evil yada yada yada..." it implies that without religion we would all be better off... thats not the case, we would still kill each other, still wage war, still want power and control.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:22 am

I love it when people say this... Power. Power is what drives man to kill man. Power over other men, power to rule and control another peoples resources... by saying things like "religion is the source of evil yada yada yada..." it implies that without religion we would all be better off... thats not the case, r, we would still kill each other, still wage wastill want power and control.
Agree but in the name of something else

Fact is IMO, most troubles around the world are religious based
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:26 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bil

However, since most of these sects, especially the christian ones have charitable status and receive state money besides being allowed to indoctrinate children, I actually feel they DO have to justify their beliefs.
I know what you are saying mate I really do, but children are fed the views and opinions of everyone they are taught by. For example, lets take the recent student riots, much of the trouble has been whipped up by their tutors, many of whom are worried about their jobs, many of whom have never done a days work in their lives, so their view of the world is warped, it is governed by the crap they in turn were taught by their tutors. Many of them go from one institution to the next, never experiencing the real world, never knowing what it actually takes to earn a wage, to do a days work to put food on their table... and yet we allow these people to not only teach children but also inevitably influence their thought. I have won money, several times, from making bets with people, generally in pubs, about the myth taught, up to Uni level, about water going down the plug hole differently depending on the hemisphere, one particular night in a Sussex pub I actually had to argue the point with a teacher FFS! This is what is being taught to "our" children mate....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.