Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why disturb them?

Why disturb them?

Old Dec 15th 2010, 12:02 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why disturb them?

Sorry I did an edit adding a little before your reply.

I wasn't talking about the Tories or Labor, I was talking about the government that said they didn't have to make any cuts, Hahah. You do seem to assume an awful lot after reading such a little, and then take a pop.

Looks to me like you have been taken in hook line and sinker and they have you just where they want us all

Last edited by anonimouse; Dec 15th 2010 at 1:50 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I just want them so stoned they can't cause trouble.
I like that the unemployed here (Not the workshy presumably) are building pavements and parking spaces all round our village. Getting ready for the future. If we give them all dope as bil suggests, we won't get pavements... the more creative among them may 'beautify' the village with Graffiti! I like it the way it is.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:28 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I like that the unemployed here (Not the workshy presumably) are building pavements and parking spaces all round our village. Getting ready for the future. If we give them all dope as bil suggests, we won't get pavements... the more creative among them may 'beautify' the village with Graffiti! I like it the way it is.
So what happens to the people who have jobs doing that sort of work? They now go unpaid while the unemployed have to do it. That's wrong, surely?

Plus, growing huge fields of cannabis gives work to farmers, it acts as a brilliant natural herbicide I'm told, it's useful in the cloth industry and remember, keep 'em stoned enough, they won't be able to hold a paint can....
Old Dec 16th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
So what happens to the people who have jobs doing that sort of work? They now go unpaid while the unemployed have to do it. That's wrong, surely?

Plus, growing huge fields of cannabis gives work to farmers, it acts as a brilliant natural herbicide I'm told, it's useful in the cloth industry and remember, keep 'em stoned enough, they won't be able to hold a paint can....
These are extra 'job creation' jobs, in projects created just to give locals experience of new trades. Funded by government money for a particularly deprived area, as we fall into the Riotinto mines region.

And what I particularly like to see is more women learning to build! They may never use these skills again in the workforce. But they can use them in home maintenance. And the direct benefit to me is that they understand this nutty self building Englishwoman better for it!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh. and if you offered me such a herbicide. I would indeed use it on my plants. These days the stuff is too strong for this old hippie!;-)
Old Dec 16th 2010, 5:19 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. and if you offered me such a herbicide. I would indeed use it on my plants. These days the stuff is too strong for this old hippie!;-)
Um, no, not like that. I gather that if you grow it in a field, the next season few if any weeds will grow there. I don't know how it works.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:45 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve been reliably informed that the new stuff is Skunk and it’s powerful and cheap because it can easily be grown on the window sill or in the garage.

When they come to sign on the dole, they park their spaceships outside.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I’ve been reliably informed that the new stuff is Skunk and it’s powerful and cheap because it can easily be grown on the window sill or in the garage.

When they come to sign on the dole, they park their spaceships outside.
New?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:02 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
New?
New Skunk?

I did hear that the growers are breeding for strength and winning.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:46 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve been fortunate enough never to have signed on the dole, but I’ve piloted a few spaceships in my younger years. This is one knowledgeable forum, I’ve got this funny thought that there are some members enjoying a spliff while posting.

I’m quite content with the occasional glass of wine and I don’t always tell the whole truth.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 8:40 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
I’ve been fortunate enough never to have signed on the dole, but I’ve piloted a few spaceships in my younger years. This is one knowledgeable forum, I’ve got this funny thought that there are some members enjoying a spliff while posting.

I’m quite content with the occasional glass of wine and I don’t always tell the whole truth.
I spent a few months on the dole while between jobs, but I only had what I was entitled to having paid taxes. Spliffs, I've had a few, less than a dozen, and never, ever with tobacco. Filthy stuff. Nicest one ever was leaves garnished with resin, and gave me such a dose of the munchies that I nearly ate the kitchen lino.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:17 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wise men have said that confession is good for the soul and one major religion has taken it to heart. Personally, I’m not so sure.

I think confessions need to be edited to protect the innocent, maybe that’s why most civilised countries insist that their police forces advise suspects of their right to silence, or the presence of a lawyer to advise them before they confess.

I’ve enjoyed the crack on this thread (have I got the spelling right?), my spell check doesn’t help, it’s American and only ticks me off if I don’t use a Z instead of an S.

Unlike Bill Clinton, who didn’t inhale, unless he’s a fibber, I did. I did a few other things too but luckily my religion, or lack of it, doesn’t make me confess. Perhaps I’m losing out and my soul is crying out for a long session of confession?

I’ll probably leave it too late. Some of them may be gathered around me when the time comes and I can imagine myself croaking, ‘Not guilty, M’Lud’, the final lie.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

I’ve enjoyed the crack on this thread (have I got the spelling right?), my spell check doesn’t help, it’s American and only ticks me off if I don’t use a Z instead of an S.
Pretty sure it's "craic", an Irish import.

It was great craic.
She's great craic when she gets going.
He's great craic when he has a few pints on him.
What's the craic?
How's the craic?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 10:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't worry about it,... even the Irish use the English version now.

McAlpine's Fusiliers.

'Twas in the year of thirty-nine, when the sky was full of lead
When Hitler was heading for Poland and Paddy for Holyhead
Come all you pincher laddies and you long distance men
Don't ever work for McAlpine, for Wimpy, nor John Lang

For you'll stand behind the mixer, till your skin has turned to tan
And they'll good of you Paddy, with your boat fair in your hand
Oh, the ""crack"" was good in Cricklewood and the wouldn't leave the Crown
With glasses flyin' and Biddy's cryin', sure Paddy was goin' to town

Oh mother dear I'm over here, I'll never coming back
What keeps me here is rake of beer the ladies and the ""crack""
I come from the County Kerry, the lands of eggs and bacon
And if you think I'll eat your fish and chips, Bejasus, you're mistaken
Old Dec 16th 2010, 10:51 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
Wise men have said that confession is good for the soul and one major religion has taken it to heart. Personally, I’m not so sure.

I think confessions need to be edited to protect the innocent, maybe that’s why most civilised countries insist that their police forces advise suspects of their right to silence, or the presence of a lawyer to advise them before they confess.

Unlike Bill Clinton, who didn’t inhale, unless he’s a fibber, I did. I did a few other things too but luckily my religion, or lack of it, doesn’t make me confess. Perhaps I’m losing out and my soul is crying out for a long session of confession?

I’ll probably leave it too late. Some of them may be gathered around me when the time comes and I can imagine myself croaking, ‘Not guilty, M’Lud’, the final lie.
The concept that a truly divine, empathetic being would give a shit what you might or might not have done here, is ridiculous.

I was standing on a corner in Gib a while back watching as some of the Jewish population went past, identifiable by the headgear.

What amazed me was the variation in size. Some wore headgear that covered the entire head, others had something like a beermat clipped on, and some were only suitable for a small glass at best.

This got me wondering. When you die, does god stand there with calipers measuring the hat diameter? Does he say 'I'm sorry, that hat is less than the three inch minimum.'

It kind of turns him into a celestial bouncer, which seems odd to me....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.