Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TV and Internet help

TV and Internet help

Old Jan 11th 2016, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

terryjune is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TV and Internet help

it says that is unlimited allowence Fred, there is a charge to buy the modem then 60 a month for a 12 month contract, they do an iptv system themselves but i was thinking of getting the mo0dem and getting one of the boxes tebo53 has , as you seem to get a lot more channels. do i need 4g for tv streaming?
Old Jan 11th 2016, 4:40 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You would only need 4G if you were trying to stream UHD video. That's unlikely unless you are using Netflix or Amazon. Most TV streams accept much lower speeds, typically as low as 3mb/s. Some higher quality streams such as BBC iPlayer need nearer 5mb/s. If you don't have 4G coverage it should default to 3G which would still be fine.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 5:02 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Can i give an up for nordvpn? I have been using them in the caribbean for all services for a while, no issues. Cost me 30 us a year. Theres a lot of hype and misdirection in reviews of vpn services, i used pc advisor to get the best 3 then tried them out.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 5:06 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

I use a samsung smart tv fed by ipad or mac for live streaming globally. My broadband is only 12mb but is very stable. 1080p is fine, 4k isnt, but then i never use 4k except for downloaded material.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

terryjune is an unknown quantity at this point

ive just got the appt in torreblanca ,fuengirola so not sure if 4g coverage fred. im not over until march so ill find out then. no point paying for 4 g if i can only get 3g, basically just want it for surfing the net and watching uk tv
Old Jan 15th 2016, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Bo S is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

If I bring my Samsung smart tv, Sky set top and card to the Costa del Sol area from the UK is it just a case of plugging in the equipment to the mains and the satellite outlet and I am back in business?

Cheers, Bo.
Old Jan 15th 2016, 7:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo S
Hi Guys,

If I bring my Samsung smart tv, Sky set top and card to the Costa del Sol area from the UK is it just a case of plugging in the equipment to the mains and the satellite outlet and I am back in business?

Cheers, Bo.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 15th 2016, 8:46 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Cheers, Bo.
Sadly, no you are not back in business, certainly as far as Sky is concerned. Many of the Sky channels are no longer capable of being received in Southern Spain now,and importantly that includes all the main UK TV channels such as BBC, ITV, C4 etc. The main Sky channels are still OK on a 1.3m dish.

You should be able to access the UK catchup services on your Samsung Smart TV but you will need a decent Internet connection and either a VPN or SmartDNS to avoid the geo-blocking that will otherwise prevent you accessing the UK services. BBC and ITV live channels are also available from your TV.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 7:27 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I would have phrased it slightly differently:
Most of the Sky PAY channels ARE available in CdS (with a 1.2/1.4m dish)It is the non Sky main UK channel like BBC ITV C4 and Five that are not available via a Sky digibox in CdS without a very (very) large dish.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Bigmomma1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Cheers, Bo.
If you get WiFi then you can connect to that via your Smart TV, add 'FilmonTV' to your favourites and then you will have access to all the 'normal' free view channels, all BBC, ITV, Channel 4 & 5, More 4 etc. without the need to purchase/subscribe to set top boxes.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

There is absolutely NO NEED to use the (relatively) poor quality of filmon if you have a UK smart tv (and VPN or DNS). Simply watch the main channels through the apps (iplayer etc) that are available on your smart tv.

I only use filmon for viewing on my lappy when no VPN or DNS available.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 10:50 am

The only thing I would watch Filmon on is a phone! It's about the only way to get decent picture quality!

As FF said, the Apps on the Smart TV are brilliant.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Film on direct without paying for the so called HD is not the best. However if watched via kodi on either tablet , computer or android box via one of the many links it is pretty good.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Film on direct without paying for the so called HD is not the best. However if watched via kodi on either tablet , computer or android box via one of the many links it is pretty good.
I agree. The picture quality I get through my android TV box is very acceptable.

Steve
Old Jan 16th 2016, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Bigmomma1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no reason to disagree with any of the above comments as I have no experience of watching through the means talked about. However, the quality of the picture/sound that I am receiving through Filmon via fibre optic WiFi is perfectly acceptable and very reasonable quality. The only distortion I can see is when watching football but all other programmes are okay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.