Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TV and Internet help

TV and Internet help

Old Dec 18th 2015, 8:56 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV and Internet help

So they have just been using your bandwidth for free.
Old Dec 18th 2015, 10:11 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
So they have just been using your bandwidth for free.
and i have been using their VPN for free..
Old Dec 19th 2015, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Fred

DNS and VPN will not enable many Spanish smart tvs to download UK apps. It's "Spanishness" is coded into the TV software. For example it is impossible to get UK apps onto a Spanish bought LG TV. So the only way of viewing iplayer (for example) is to view it via the BBC site on the TV's browser, using DNS/VPN.

On the other hand a Samsung smart tv, bought in Spain, can be converted to UK by entering a special software code. This has the disadvantage of getting all UK TV apps, but not allowing Spanish TV apps!

That is why even with a Samsung smart tv we prefer the now TV option.
Freddy, could you explain a bit more about the code? What is it? Where do I get it etc? I have a couple of Spanish Samsung smart TVs so this could be just the ticket!

Currently I´m paying 25 euros monthly to besttvchoice for their TV service but it has been nothing but trouble and I´ve never dealt with such rude people before....truly awful customer service! I´d love to get rid of them altogether!
Old Dec 19th 2015, 9:42 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

How you change the app store depends on the model of your Samsung TV.

You will find all you need here.

https://support.unblock-us.com/custo...p-store-change

http://www.eyeondemand.com/2015/08/2...try-app-store/

How-To: Changing Your Samsung D&E Series TV/Blu-Ray Country App Store | Eye on Demand
Old Dec 19th 2015, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Fred just beat me to it. It takes about 5 minutes and is very easy.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice

Terrific....thank you both. I´ll have a go at this today.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 10:42 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Two key points. If you have two remotes with your TV - use the Smart remote. Make sure you practice the key sequence as if you pause during keying it in, it will not work. If it doesn't work, start again from the beginning of the setup process.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

So far, so good. I´ve changed to the UK. I´ve signed up for the free trial on unblock-us.com and the TV says that the smart hub is updating - seems to be taking a while but we´ll see!
Old Dec 22nd 2015, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dairymaid
So far, so good. I´ve changed to the UK. I´ve signed up for the free trial on unblock-us.com and the TV says that the smart hub is updating - seems to be taking a while but we´ll see!
A quick update - the samsung hub never stopped updating....so I gave up. I might try again when I regain my will to live!
Old Dec 22nd 2015, 8:04 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

How to do this depends on the model and year of manufacture. Have a read of this and see if it helps:-
https://securitygladiators.com/2015/...sung-smart-tv/
Old Jan 5th 2016, 3:35 am
Just Joined

terryjune is an unknown quantity at this point

a site in the uk is offering an android box, they say that for a 1 off payment you get all sports movie and uk tv for life, and that it woud work in spain off your internet, is this right?? sounds too good to be true.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:02 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terryjune
a site in the uk is offering an android box, they say that for a 1 off payment you get all sports movie and uk tv for life, and that it woud work in spain off your internet, is this right?? sounds too good to be true.
it is just the same as all other android kodi boxes and sellers.but "for life" is a bit of a bold statement!!
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terryjune
See my comment on post #5 of this thread. I bought the android box from a company in Spain and have been watching every channel you can think of

No problems so far. Paid my one off fee and no other costs. You do have to have a good reliable internet though.

You do not need any other software installed to get UK tv.

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Jan 5th 2016 at 7:53 am. Reason: Additional information
Old Jan 11th 2016, 12:27 am
Just Joined

terryjune is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you tebo53 I missed your first post, I need a good internet sorted first then, there is a firm offering 4 g for 60 euros a month s that about right for the price anyone ?
Old Jan 11th 2016, 7:04 am

That seems to be the going price for a 4G modem and sim. Be careful to check the data allowance, particularly if you plan to stream TV/video. Some offers are unlimited data, but most providers are now imposing limits - hardly surprising when you see that the extra charge for 1gb on a mobile contract is about €10 a month.

Another possible problem with regard to UKTV is that the modems may have their settings locked which could prevent the use of a VPN or Smart DNS to get round the geo-blocking of some streams such as BBC iPlayer etc.

Last edited by Fred James; Jan 11th 2016 at 7:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.