Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TV and Internet help

TV and Internet help

Old Jan 19th 2016, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV and Internet help

Originally Posted by Keith1963
Hi Bob, I have Kodi in the uk on an Amazon firestick . Can I bring this over with me and connect it to my wifi and get the same services as in the uk ?
Hi Kieth I don't use a firestick myself . You will be able to use it once connected to internet. The only thing is the geo blocking that we have been talking about which is intended to stop you getting certain channels and programs outside the country of origin. If you view the video and threads on here you will see this can be got round by using a VPN. My internet actually has one as part of the internet providers set up which I can turn on and off. All main UK channels on catch up are blocked. If you search online you will find guides to allow you to set up ftv guide on the firestick which will allow you to watch all UK freeview channels via the Firestick without needing to use a VPN. If you Google it there are step by step guides .
Old Jan 19th 2016, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bob, I have Kodi in the uk on an Amazon firestick . Can I bring this over with me and connect it to my wifi and get the same services as in the uk ?
I use Kodi out here in Spain which is installed within an android box directly connected to the internet. I've not had to use or install any other software to get all the UK channels and sky movie and news channels. I cannot get bbc iPlayer or other uk catch up channels but can get catch up the one of many other streaming channels.

Best thing of all is it doesn't cost me anything!

Steve
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
I use Kodi out here in Spain which is installed within an android box directly connected to the internet. I've not had to use or install any other software to get all the UK channels and sky movie and news channels. I cannot get bbc iPlayer or other uk catch up channels but can get catch up the one of many other streaming channels.

Best thing of all is it doesn't cost me anything!

Steve
Steve you can actually add IPlayer , itv Hubb and 4 on demand to Kodi for catch up if you want. I have put it on mine very easy to do and it works fine.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Keith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond repute

Kodi it is, I've installed Wookie too recently, it works exceptionally well.
Thanks for your responses, I appreciate it.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bobd22
Steve you can actually add IPlayer , itv Hubb and 4 on demand to Kodi for catch up if you want. I have put it on mine very easy to do and it works fine.
Here are some links you will need to copy and paste them to your browser

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-bbc-iplayer-for-xbmc-kodi/

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-itv-on-xbmc-kodi/

This link shows how to add quite a few including 4 OD

http://www.xbmcandkodi.com/how-to-install-add-ons/
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Bobd22. Not sure how you do that but I'll have another look. That would really complete the set up.

I'll look up the procedure on t'internet.

Steve
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kodi it is, I've installed Wookie too recently, it works exceptionally well.
Thanks for your responses, I appreciate it.

Keith this guide may help you put Kodi on your firestick

http://www.alphr.com/software/1001730/how-to-install-kodi-on-an-amazon-fire-tv-stick-watch-even-more-on-the-35-dongle
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:35 am
Just Joined

CampelloMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by terryjune
Hi ive just bought a property in the torreblanca area fuengirola, could anyone give me an idea of prices for internet and getting uk tv please.Any reccomendations on which company to use? Thank you in advance
I used to pay for a connection with one of the Spanish providers but I found out about filmon.tv from a friend and it works fine.

There is really only live UK TV but that is good enough for me and because it's a web based subscription, you can "take it" anywhere - for example watch TV at the airport.. definitely worth considering. To be honest, the most important thing is now the quality of your internet connection - i even call the family via Facetime on the internet also

filmon.tv
Old Jan 19th 2016, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tebo53
Thanks for that Bobd22. Not sure how you do that but I'll have another look. That would really complete the set up.

I'll look up the procedure on t'internet.

Steve
Steve I am no whizzi just follow the guides job done realy simple
Old Jan 19th 2016, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve I am no whizzi just follow the guides job done realy simple
I installed iplayer but as I expected it won't work as it knows I'm outside of the uk. I don't really want to install any paid for add ons so decided to leave it at that.

Thanks anyway
Steve
Old Jan 19th 2016, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Keith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond repute

Works fine
Old Jan 19th 2016, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For a free VPN on Android box download Betternet app from playstore I have used it in Spain to get blocked channels
Old Jan 19th 2016, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeJ
How?
AFAIK TVCatchup used simple Geoblocking which is what VPNs and smart DNS circumvent. Automatically identifying IPAs which are being used as proxies and which change dynamically is not trivial technically.
You think so, just try using a VPN to get TVCatchup, you'll find that they had it sussed years ago. I know, I used to use it!
Old Jan 19th 2016, 4:05 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It works fine with a SmartDNS.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fred James
It works fine with a SmartDNS.
There you are then, problems solved! Get a SmartDNS & watch UK TV progs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.