Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TV and Internet help

TV and Internet help

Old Dec 16th 2015, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV and Internet help

Not any good at the moment but there is a possibility of changes re iplayer whether other UK catch up TV would follow? Certainly be good if they did. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32607246
Old Dec 16th 2015, 1:20 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy View Post
For example it is impossible to get UK apps onto a Spanish bought LG TV.

On the other hand a Samsung smart tv, bought in Spain, can be converted to UK by entering a special software code.

That is why even with a Samsung smart tv we prefer the now TV option.
That's why all my friends have taken my advice and bought Samsung TVs when upgrading.

I agree, the NOWTV is a good alternative, especially if you don't have a SmartTV.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Ashly2 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to near Yecla/Pinoso area in February and also need internet/TV.We also need a builder/roofer.Anyone got any recommendations of people they have used.
Preferable they speak English
Old Dec 16th 2015, 3:02 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ashly2 View Post
We are moving to near Yecla/Pinoso area in February and also need internet/TV.We also need a builder/roofer.Anyone got any recommendations of people they have used.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 16th 2015, 3:19 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ashly2 View Post
PLEASE - NO!!!!

Get an excellent Spanish builder and then use an interpreter if you have to.

Far better to get the job done properly and pay for help than understand what they're saying and get a poor job.

Beware that many (not all) British builders will try and tell you that the Spanish don't know what they're doing and jobs need to be done the 'British way' - this is simply not true.

Also be careful to get the necessary licences even for the smallest of jobs BEFORE you start - it's your responsibility not the builders.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

terryjune is an unknown quantity at this point

The TV that was left in the appt is a samsung but not sure if it is a smart tv will have to look when we are back over. When i put it on when we were there last week there was only one English speaking channel it was a finnish gentleman who had appt before us so dont know if its set to finnish settings but i presume tv was bought in spain.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 4:44 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22 View Post
Not any good at the moment but there is a possibility of changes re iplayer whether other UK catch up TV would follow? Certainly be good if they did. EU wants iPlayer access extended across Europe - BBC News
But it is for UK TV License fee payers for a limited (as yet unspecified) time abroad. So will only be for x number of days a year.
No changes for expats - things will remain as they are.
So if you spend 6 months here and 6 months there, then you will still only be allocated you x number of days iplayer content only. Not everything ll the time.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh View Post
PLEASE - NO!!!!

Get an excellent Spanish builder and then use an interpreter if you have to.

Far better to get the job done properly and pay for help than understand what they're saying and get a poor job.

Beware that many (not all) British builders will try and tell you that the Spanish don't know what they're doing and jobs need to be done the 'British way' - this is simply not true.

Also be careful to get the necessary licences even for the smallest of jobs BEFORE you start - it's your responsibility not the builders.
Thank you.I was aware of getting licences but didn't think it was down to me
Old Dec 16th 2015, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.I was aware of getting Licences but didn't think it was down to me.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 7:51 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Use the HOLA aplaince.. Just google HOLA.. It get the Iplayers ... this one is free on your Computer .... Camposat.Tv then run a lead to your tv set..
Old Dec 16th 2015, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Bigmomma1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tommy.irene View Post
Use the HOLA aplaince.. Just google HOLA.. It get the Iplayers ... this one is free on your Computer .... Camposat.Tv then run a lead to your tv set..
Do this ONLY if you do not mind sharing 'everything' else on 'your' computer with 'everyone' else in Cyberspace !!
Old Dec 16th 2015, 7:59 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigmomma1 View Post
Do this ONLY if you do not mind sharing 'everything' else on 'your' computer with 'everyone' else in Cyberspace !!
Where does.... www.camposat.tv ...share anything
Old Dec 16th 2015, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Where does.... Camposat.Tv ...share anything
Perhaps I should have expanded on that comment Checked this out ourselves a day or two ago, sounded like a good way to get the iPlayer service, however, do not want to make paid subscriptions. So it would appear, from reading the 'reviews' that if you opt for the 'free' service then the software leaves your WiFi Port 'open'. However, if you 'pay' for the service then there are security protocols that offer some protection. I do not claim to be an IT expert, quite the opposite, so I am very cautious about loading programmes that have a potential to access my information. It is rare to get anything 'free' in this life or perhaps I am just too set in my ways. I know that you shouldn't always believe everything that you read, but I prefer 'prevention' rather than 'cure'.

However, if you are confident that what you are advocating is a secure service then I apologise if I have caused any offence.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 8:28 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Where does.... Camposat.Tv ...share anything
www.camposat .tv is on its own and has nothing to do with Hola they are Different programes...There is nothing wrong with free Camposat.Tv i have used it for a year without any trouble
Old Dec 16th 2015, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

www.camposat .tv is on its own and has nothing to do with Hola they are Different programes...There is nothing wrong with free Camposat.Tv i have used it for a year without any trouble
I am sorry for any confusion, however, the first part of your post referred to 'Hola' and using their appliance. It was to this which I was referring, if you read their own FAQ's, as well as the 'reviews' you will see that at one point they refer to using an 'authentication' code, then they tell you that this is 'your' unlock code for your device !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.