Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Traffic Islands

Traffic Islands

Old Apr 12th 2010, 11:42 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic Islands

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
I was told by an other EU national (a Belgian) that this is also correct in their Highway code, i.e. priority in the outside lane.

Has anyone here tried to find out what it says in the Highway code in Spain?
There doesnt seem much point in having an inside lane then???

Jo xxx
Old Apr 12th 2010, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo

Jo xxx
None at all , but by now you know to leave any logic in the UK as it wont work here!!!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo

Jo xxx
Yes the highway code in Spain says you should always use the outside lane, but indicate left if you are taking the last exit.

I'm been beeped at for using the inside lane, not sure what that is for though!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Yes the highway code in Spain says you should always use the outside lane, but indicate left if you are taking the last exit.

I'm been beeped at for using the inside lane, not sure what that is for though!

Thats why its loco, there is no last exit on a roundabout
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:25 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Thats why its loco, there is no last exit on a roundabout
Naturally its the last one before the one you entered on.
A lot to be said for staying in the outside lane especially if you don't know the roads so well.
When in doubt I have been known to do a couple of full circuits before finally deciding on an exit to suit my requirements.
Often had a few strange looks in the process,but generally it's served me well.
My only hairy moment to date was in Porto,when a big white van shot across my bows as I was passing the nth exit during my second circuit.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Can anyone explain why when travelling along a dual carriageway the two lanes entering a roundabout become three lanes for the last 25 mtrs or so before entering roundabouts that are clearly marked with only two lanes around them ??
Anybody know the answer to the original question
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

have just perused the spanish highway code,all two pages of it. it states,quite clearly,that the outside lane is the priority lane except in the circumstance that the inside lane is.
the outer lane is lower priority,except in the instance that the inside lane is in-operative. the outer lane then assumes middle priority. subparagraph two,line three clearly states "in the event of an accident,it is assumed that the spanish driver is in the right no matter what".
check it out, it is there in black and white.
p.s.
my s type jag is parked in the front drive of my lads house in the uk. foolish i may be,stupid definitely not.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:01 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
have just perused the spanish highway code,all two pages of it. it states,quite clearly,that the outside lane is the priority lane except in the circumstance that the inside lane is.
the outer lane is lower priority,except in the instance that the inside lane is in-operative. the outer lane then assumes middle priority. subparagraph two,line three clearly states "in the event of an accident,it is assumed that the spanish driver is in the right no matter what".
check it out, it is there in black and white.
p.s.
my s type jag is parked in the front drive of my lads house in the uk. foolish i may be,stupid definitely not.

Thanks a lot, that makes it very clear to me at least .........
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JLFS
sigh. right. to clarify as simply as i can make it...you are in the middle lane approaching a roundabout. you look to your right and a little old spanish man is level with you, you look to the left and a little old spanish woman is level with you....now what do you do??? come on.....
right, you stop suddenly. leave the car where it is,hail a passing taxi,tell the driver to take you to the nearest airport,catch a plane to azbekistan and relocate. why? 'cos they don't have bloody roundabouts in azbekistan,do they??? simples.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
it states,quite clearly,that the outside lane is the priority lane except in the circumstance that the inside lane is.
what i said
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:36 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

well you're OK

you're Spanish
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:41 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
well you're OK

you're Spanish

Yes, but I learnt to drive in the UK, so I also have good manners on the road, I have to or the wife would string me up.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but I learnt to drive in the UK, so I also have good manners on the road, I have to or the wife would string me up.
ah but I meant this bit
in the event of an accident,it is assumed that the spanish driver is in the right no matter what".
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wouldn't be allowed in azbekistan. women there occupy the back seat in everything. and rightly so. for my wifes' 60th birthday i got her a new,padded,halter which makes it a lot easier and more comfortable for her to pull the plough. did she appreciate it? no she didn't!!! whinge whinge whinge, she wanted ANOTHER pair of wellies...we will never learn. too soft us men.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

So what happens when you approach the roundabout and the approach is 4 lanes, but then turns into 5 on the roundabout I'm thinking of the big roundabout on the approach to Ikea Murcia here. Its a diabolical roundabout to negotiate.

It doesn't matter which lane you attempt, somebody is going to carve across you. The only safe way I have found is to go early morning and avoid as much traffic as possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.