Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of buying a property in Spain

Thinking of buying a property in Spain

Old Mar 3rd 2015, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

wilshb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of buying a property in Spain

I'm thinking of buying a property in Spain - as a holiday home, but also I'd like to retire there in a few years' time. I've looked at Camposol in Murcia - but there are a few bad reports kicking around on the internet about Camposol. Does anyone know what it's like now? or can anyone recommend anywhere else? (Apart from somewhere in Spain with nice weather, within striking distance of an airport, I'm pretty flexible).
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 1:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of buying a property in Spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 6:05 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there are lots of threads about Camposol on this forum.

The longest one is this one

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...mposol-727723/
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilshb
I'm thinking of buying a property in Spain - as a holiday home, but also I'd like to retire there in a few years' time. I've looked at Camposol in Murcia - but there are a few bad reports kicking around on the internet about Camposol. Does anyone know what it's like now? or can anyone recommend anywhere else? (Apart from somewhere in Spain with nice weather, within striking distance of an airport, I'm pretty flexible).
There are plenty of nicer places and just depends what you're looking for and what's your budget? There's not much happening there and it's just an urbanisation in the desert.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame that the longest thread has to be Homes from hell , and shame on Fred James for pointing to this one, and Moses makes an ignorant comment about it being just an urbanisation in the desert.
I urge you not to take notice of people who have probably never been there.
Speaking of someone who has lived there 13 years, I feel qualified to comment.
Camposol did have problems- in one small area, just like any other urbanisation anywhere in the world.
In the last few years tremendous changes have taken place.
There is a mixture of nationalities, but mainly British
It is situated in a area surrounded by mountains and not far from the Sierra Espuna national park.
It is 15 minutes from Mazarron town, and 30 minutes from the attractive, much improved and relatively unspoilt port with with many lovely beaches, some blue flag.
Nearby are many little villages.
Camposol has 2 commercial centres, supermarkets, banks, vets, bars , restaurants, dentists, computer shop, estate agents, health centre and medical centre.
There is a thriving social life and many clubs, groups etc
A community centre is used for many different functions.
There is a good community spirit, and self help groups, including gardening.
There is a variety of property ranging from 1 bed villas to 5 bed detached villas, most with pools,and something to suit everyone at good prices.
The residents association plays a big part in looking after residents concerns, and the urbanisation comes under Mazarron council, so no community fees, only IBI.
The recently appointed mayor is much more interested than previous mayors, and issues like lighting have been resolved along with other concerns.
Why not Google " property on Camposol to get an idea of what is on offer?
Also look up the Camposol Residents association for lots of local info.
"Murcia Today "also has a link about Camposol
People who know very little about Camposol are keen to knock it, and give it a bad name .
Please get your info from people who do know about it!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Well I knew nothing about Camposol so I took a look on Google Earth and the first thought that crossed my mind was

This probably applies to a lot of urbanisations but even worse here.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Well I knew nothing about Camposol so I took a look on Google Earth and the first thought that crossed my mind was

Little Boxes by Pete Seeger - YouTube

This probably applies to a lot of urbanisations but even worse here.
So, you couldn't see that there are many types of attractively designed villas then.
Is there some sort of " knock Camposol" brigade on here?
Another one who knows nothing about the place spouting opinions!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:18 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
What a shame that the longest thread has to be Homes from hell , and shame on Fred James for pointing to this one, !
You're not serious?

Someone wants info on Camposol so I am supposed to ignore a huge thread on the subject?

It contains many opinions, some you may agree with, some you may not. But to ignore it is plain stupid.

I will decide what threads I link to - not you.

Please leave my decisions on what I post to me. I don't criticise your choice of links to other threads.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James
You're not serious?

Someone wants info on Camposol so I am supposed to ignore a huge thread on the subject?

It contains many opinions, some you may agree with, some you may not. But to ignore it is plain stupid.

I will decide what threads I link to - not you.

Please leave my decisions on what I post to me. I don't criticise your choice of links to other threads.
So why choose such a detrimental one?
Why was the original link " homes from hell" changed?
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:35 pm

It is only detrimental because of the information and opinions posted on it and everyone is entitled to their opinions. So you think that it should be ignored just because you disagree with those opinions?

I think not. The OP can make up their own minds based on what has been posted - that's what forums are for.

If you don't like other people's opinions because you disagree with then I suggest you give up reading forum posts.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Of course everyone has a right to an opinion, but when that opinion is not based on knowledge of the subject, it can be very damaging.
If someone has been to Camposol, spent time there, researched, listened to views etc and hates it, fair enough, but if that opinion is based on others who know nothing about Camposol bad mouthing the place, or from watching programmes which sensationalise one aspect out of all proportion to the detriment of people trying to get on with their lives there, it is very unfair
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 9:12 pm

True, but if anyone asks about Camposol ,I will direct them to that thread so they can make up their own mind, rather than rely on your opinions which are clearly relevant as you know the place.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James
True, but if anyone asks about Camposol ,I will direct them to that thread so they can make up their own mind, rather than rely on your opinions which are clearly relevant as you know the place.
The only way they can make up their own mind is to visit the place and finding out about it.
They may well be pleasantly surprised!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it on TV and that was enough to put me off. I hope that's OK, that I should make up my mind that way.

The TV programme did not set out to give a negative view.

I can see the attraction of the place for some people.

Nothing wrong with it, just not my thing.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 2:00 am
Just Joined

wilshb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Can anyone tell me if there are good bits and bad bits of Camposol? Someone told me to steer clear of sector 'D', as that's where the problems were and the villas there weren't built as well as the other sectors.
Also, I see from here and other threads that there is a difference of opinion on living on an urbanisation in the first place. I wholly understand that & I honestly haven't made up my mind yet whether I really want to be on a "little England" housing estate or not. There are pros and cons to it & I'm researching all options at the moment.

Last edited by wilshb; Mar 4th 2015 at 2:19 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.