Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of buying a property in Spain

Thinking of buying a property in Spain

Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of buying a property in Spain

Originally Posted by wilsman77
you would'nt want to live in the middle of a desert........
Totally agree, especially with more water shortages coming in the future. That will reduce the value even more
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

To all on this forum:
Camposol is NOT in the middle of a desert.
If it was, I wouldnt be living here.
If it were as bad as some make out I wouldn't be living here.
It may not be the best urbanisation in Spain- it sure isn't the worst, and it's getting better all the time.
To paraphrase Mark Twain- Reports of its reputation have been greatly exaggerated.
People who know little or nothing about it shouldn't be putting others off.
To those thinking of buying here, come and have a good look round, talk to people, and then make up your mind.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Based on precipitation alone, deserts receive less than 25 mm (1 in) of rainfall a year

Camposol 2014 23.1mm,

I've not checked any other year
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

wilshb is an unknown quantity at this point

Fred - How much of that was in September?
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

It seemed to be a lot more than that, following the Gota Fria!
Old Mar 5th 2015, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies I misread the figures.

What I have quoted was the average yearly figure by adding up the average monthly figures which therefore make Camposol a desert by long term records.

However last September there was 18.29mm
Old Mar 5th 2015, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Bad Leg is an unknown quantity at this point

Your budget is the first step. Prices in Spain can be as low as 30,000 euros for a 1 Bed and for 125,000 you can be in a villa just outside of a town. The best property search website is Property for sale in Spain | Villas, apartments & houses for sale in Spain | Kyero.com | Spanish Property but you've probably seen that already. We have a place in Gandia which we like (not many Brits) and Javier further down the coast does have Brits and can be recommended. Best to be on or near the coast. The mountains are usually at your back.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Was that from wunderground Fred? I think it's a great site.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Horlics
Was that from wunderground Fred? I think it's a great site.
Yes

When I had a property in Spain I used to upload data from my weather station to wunderground.com
Old Mar 6th 2015, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
To all on this forum:
Camposol is NOT in the middle of a desert.
If it was, I wouldnt be living here.
If it were as bad as some make out I wouldn't be living here.
It may not be the best urbanisation in Spain- it sure isn't the worst, and it's getting better all the time.
To paraphrase Mark Twain- Reports of its reputation have been greatly exaggerated.
People who know little or nothing about it shouldn't be putting others off.
To those thinking of buying here, come and have a good look round, talk to people, and then make up your mind.
Quite.
You can't judge a place merely on reputation.

I know a chap who recently visited Timbuktu. He said that it was not really that bad, you've just got to adapt. He recommends a good tent and a trusty camel for starters.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lutonlad
Quite.
You can't judge a place merely on reputation.

I know a chap who recently visited Timbuktu. He said that it was not really that bad, you've just got to adapt. He recommends a good tent and a trusty camel for starters.
Have to agree there. It's nothing against Camposol in general, but I can't see the reasons (unless it's for family) why someone with a 200K budget would buy there now.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

There are properties with that price tag, usually 5-6 bed roomed villas, where a lot of money has been spent, and extensions and outdoor improvements made.
The villa could be bought for less and money left to put in the bank or spend etc
I don't like the fact that there seems to be a downer on Camposol, a sort of snobbery.
Anyone who has had a proper look knows that :
It is not in a desert
There is a variety of properties available on different sized plots
Improvements are being made as regards lighting
There are now many amenities
There is a wide variety of social activities
So the next time someone asks where to live in Murcia, please don't jump in and suggest they avoid Camposol!
Old Mar 6th 2015, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

Camposol, I hear they are looking to film Lawrence of Arabia 2 there.....
Old Mar 6th 2015, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

You must be thinking of that area in Almeria, known as Little Hollywood!
Old Mar 6th 2015, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha Ha Neptuno, i knew you had a GSOH. I have a holiday house in Cabo Roig so who am i to judge anyone.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.