British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   SWINE FLU HITS SPAIN. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/swine-flu-hits-spain-606517/)

jojojojojojojojojojojojo Jun 1st 2009 4:22 am

Re: SWINE FLU HITS SPAIN.

Originally Posted by livit (Post 7622949)
I`m not worried, i`m well informed.:rolleyes:

There isn`t any need to panic, its not like flu kills people.:rofl:

Simply discussing the issue with peep, such as yourselve.;)

You are terribly informed, you get your info from the mass media hype, you are so obsessed with it FFS! You have gotta be the most boring person this or any other forum has ever had!

Jo xxx

Hondon Rock n Roll Jun 1st 2009 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager (Post 7623022)
;) Lets wait till autumn then shall we :D

If we are not all dead before that!;)

Sam Greenfield Jun 1st 2009 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7622802)
FFS stop worrying, only one pig has caught it so far off a human.
Bacon sarnies are safe.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: PMSL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

livit Jun 1st 2009 8:35 pm

Autumn will be an interesting time.

As Pandemics go, stage 2 has always been deadly, so far this outbreak has followed similar traits with a few added extra`s, such has the time of year it should be dormant but is steadily sweeping accross countries.

In the USA two deaths from swine flu occured late last month, but not released to public until yesterday.

The CDC stated

"This virus is circulating much later than the annual flu viruses," said Dr. Anne Schuchat, interim deputy director for the CDC's science and public health program, in a press conference last week. "We're really not seeing much of any other seasonal flu viruses anymore. But we are continuing to see this strain circulate."

"Both in California and nationwide, health officials are recording about twice the number of influenza cases as is typical for this time of year, according to the CDC. Public health officials assume that most of those cases are the swine flu, although they're not testing every case".

The WHO is still meeting and monitoring if community spread is active, which would increase the level to 6.Most expect this level to be reached in the next few months, but since there is no way to predict this new strain, it could all just blow itself out.

Australia is in flu season and today they`ve reported a large spike in cases, giving them 500 confirmed cases, the 4 largest worldwide.

The health minister stated this.

With the country heading into the southern hemisphere winter, Queensland health minister Paul Lucas warned deaths from the virus were unavoidable.

Australia is at stage 1 goin into flu season, the end of there season will have stage 2.

The WHO are concerned if the virus spreads into Asia, mutates and spreads a stage 2 mutated version with the capacity to spread at the level stage 1 is at.

80% of affected people have been between the ages of 5 - 24 yrs, old people seem to have an immunity level higher, which could be due to old people being exposed to viruses for longer.

Although deaths have occured in old people, the virus could be capable of growing stronger in reaction to immunity.

What does FFS mean ?

Hondon Voyager Jun 1st 2009 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by livit (Post 7625547)
Autumn will be an interesting time.

As Pandemics go, stage 2 has always been deadly, so far this outbreak has followed similar traits with a few added extra`s, such has the time of year it should be dormant but is steadily sweeping accross countries.

In the USA two deaths from swine flu occured late last month, but not released to public until yesterday.

The CDC stated

"This virus is circulating much later than the annual flu viruses," said Dr. Anne Schuchat, interim deputy director for the CDC's science and public health program, in a press conference last week. "We're really not seeing much of any other seasonal flu viruses anymore. But we are continuing to see this strain circulate."

"Both in California and nationwide, health officials are recording about twice the number of influenza cases as is typical for this time of year, according to the CDC. Public health officials assume that most of those cases are the swine flu, although they're not testing every case".

The WHO is still meeting and monitoring if community spread is active, which would increase the level to 6.Most expect this level to be reached in the next few months, but since there is no way to predict this new strain, it could all just blow itself out.

Australia is in flu season and today they`ve reported a large spike in cases, giving them 500 confirmed cases, the 4 largest worldwide.

The health minister stated this.

With the country heading into the southern hemisphere winter, Queensland health minister Paul Lucas warned deaths from the virus were unavoidable.

Australia is at stage 1 goin into flu season, the end of there season will have stage 2.

The WHO are concerned if the virus spreads into Asia, mutates and spreads a stage 2 mutated version with the capacity to spread at the level stage 1 is at.

80% of affected people have been between the ages of 5 - 24 yrs, old people seem to have an immunity level higher, which could be due to old people being exposed to viruses for longer.

Although deaths have occured in old people, the virus could be capable of growing stronger in reaction to immunity.

What does FFS mean ?

Ask JOJO or JDR I am sure they will tell u in no uncertain terms :rofl::rofl:

livit Jun 1st 2009 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager (Post 7625563)
Ask JOJO or JDR I am sure they will tell u in no uncertain terms :rofl::rofl:

I assume there using FFS due to the fact it may be against the rules.:confused:

I just noticed this site advertising TAMIFLU below on this thread, thats soooooooo wrong, taking these meds without DR prescribing is a cause of spreading the virus.

Thats sooooooo irresponsible.

livit Jun 1st 2009 9:07 pm

The WHO also stating this

Drug manufacturers won't be able to start making a swine flu vaccine until mid-July at the earliest, months later than previous predictions, the World Health Organization said Tuesday.

The disclosure that making a swine flu vaccine is proving more difficult than experts first thought came as U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and WHO chief Dr. Margaret Chan met with representatives from up to 30 pharmaceutical companies to discuss the subject.

The virus is growing too slow in lab conditions.

The WHO has an issue that if the virus reaches stage 2 and deaths start to build, there cannot produce the drug quickly enough, even if they managed to find a drug that will prevent swine flu.

Production of normal drugs would have to cease, that could increase death rates.

So far the WHO does not want to gamble for this reason, especially since the signs so far indicate the virus is mild.

There hands are tied between public opinion (as seen on this forum) and knowledge of flu pandemics.If the WHO were to release accurate data to justify the increase in production, it would cause mass panic, at a time when the world economy is fragile.Also if they get it wrong it could be seen as crying wolf and next time the WHO would have less power in the public domain.

Difficult place to be in.:(

Mitzyboy Jun 1st 2009 9:32 pm

As its not really about Spain I moved it to siesta

I'm sure livit you know what FFS means :lol:
Its an expression of extreme frustration

Hondon Voyager Jun 1st 2009 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 7625716)

:) Very diplomatically put Mitzy ,I am sure others will reply differently :D

livit Jun 1st 2009 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 7625716)

Is it Fery Frustrated Syndrome.

I think i heard it was prevelant amoungst dyslexics with ADHD.

I don`t understand why discussing Swine flu is frustrating, don`t people realise if something bores them, don`t keep doin it.:rolleyes:

Mitzyboy Jun 1st 2009 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by livit (Post 7625878)

I don`t understand why discussing Swine flu is frustrating, don`t people realise if something bores them, don`t keep doin it.:rolleyes:

I dont think discussing it is a problem. :);)

Sam Greenfield Jun 1st 2009 10:41 pm

Livit - hope you dont mind me asking but are you male or female

Hondon Voyager Jun 1st 2009 10:41 pm

A discussion usually takes place between two or more people ,this has stopped being the case ,but u appear to want to keep us updated on a subject that is now becoming rather tedious ,why dont u give it a rest for now and come back to us in winter and see the outcome .

livit Jun 1st 2009 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager (Post 7625935)
A discussion usually takes place between two or more people ,this has stopped being the case ,but u appear to want to keep us updated on a subject that is now becoming rather tedious ,why dont u give it a rest for now and come back to us in winter and see the outcome .

Well one critical comment was made about the UK media and how it is hyped.

That is true, the UK media discuss what is relevant at the time.

But the UK media is flawed, most who watch/read other countries media tend to be aware of the fact.

UK media reports what is relevant in the UK, very little is discussed outside of this.

Which reflects badly when discussing international events, as seen here, most believe its old news.

They have become a victim of the media hype they criticise without actually thinkin it through.

Its very much headlines in Australia.In fact most countries around the world are covering the issue.

Spain news has been covering the military camp when it hit last week, it didn`t make much noise in the UK.

The UK maybe following the WHO dilema, that too much info is bad, whilst too little is risky if the virus continues.

It certainly isn`t old news.

One major point of evidence.

That the WHO has not reduced the threat level and reguarly meets, the agenda for the last 2 weeks has been at which point do we increase that level.

They have yet to meet to disscuss reducing the threat level.

That will be the time to admit the threat is old news.

My sex is not relevant to anything here.:rolleyes:

jdr Jun 1st 2009 11:18 pm

Your sex and colour hair may be a good get out clause for you. ;-))