Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Sunburn Thread

The Sunburn Thread

Old May 14th 2007, 10:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Sunburn Thread

Originally Posted by gedge
10W-40 when the sump dumps
glad you picked up on that!

How you doing mate?
Old May 14th 2007, 11:05 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
glad you picked up on that!

How you doing mate?
is this the car thread?

yeah not doing too bad, bit of time off as i had my appendix out this time last week

how's you?
Old May 14th 2007, 11:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
is this the car thread?

yeah not doing too bad, bit of time off as i had my appendix out this time last week

how's you?
fair to middling mate, got a few blood tests to do next week, so will be in hospital too, scary places eh?

whats the timescale for your return then?
Old May 14th 2007, 11:12 pm

fair to middling mate, got a few blood tests to do next week, so will be in hospital too, scary places eh?

whats the timescale for your return then?
yeah they are, first and hopefully last time in an operating theatre for me
looking at this time next year when bub #2 is settled
Old May 14th 2007, 11:24 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

If you burn easily just try to avoid the sun as much as possible and when you can't avoid it wear a hat and/or sunblock...

I don't know if you were still "on subject" or I'm just commenting randomly..
Old May 14th 2007, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by anabella
If you burn easily just try to avoid the sun as much as possible and when you can't avoid it wear a hat and/or sunblock...

I don't know if you were still "on subject" or I'm just commenting randomly..
only come out at night
Old May 15th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Now, being fair skinned and slightly folicly challenged I have encountered a problem in Spain that I had not totally appreciated would be so difficult before I came here.

I only have to be out in the sun for a very short time and I start to burn, although I do get a nice tan the following day. I've tried 30 factor waterproof sun cream, but a 30 min dip in the pool leaves me tingling later in the day.

So what kind of stuff do you lot use. How do you cope with the very strong sunlight. How does the spectre of skin cancer effect your actions?

Have you thought of purchasing a Rash vest, (a fitted swim T.shirt with SPF 30 or 50) you can buy them in most sports shops, also hats etc.

I am sure you would be able to buy them in Spain if not try buying online or from the UK.

www.bigwednesdaysurf.com and search for rashvest.

Much better than any suncream, although I would recomend still using a high factor, you can then swim without the worry of getting burnt
Old May 15th 2007, 10:41 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Have you thought of purchasing a Rash vest, (a fitted swim T.shirt with SPF 30 or 50) you can buy them in most sports shops, also hats etc.

I am sure you would be able to buy them in Spain if not try buying online or from the UK.

www.bigwednesdaysurf.com and search for rashvest.

Much better than any suncream, although I would recomend still using a high factor, you can then swim without the worry of getting burnt

Not heard of those ... thanks I'll look

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 15th 2007 at 10:41 am. Reason: spolling
Old May 15th 2007, 12:00 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Not heard of those ... thanks I'll look
you see a lot of kids wearing them...but I've also seen some parents forget to apply sunscreen to the exposed parts
Old May 15th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you see a lot of kids wearing them...but I've also seen some parents forget to apply sunscreen to the exposed parts

Hi yes you see that here in Australia

Myself & both my kids wear them, I always put the cream on first then tops, shorts etc, after being here in the skin cancer capital of the world you apply sunblock/cream every 30 min it's recommended.

Sandra

This is the correct website for the vests.

www.lioninthesun.com

Last edited by sandrainaus; May 15th 2007 at 11:32 pm.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:24 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Not being qualified in any way to answer this big pete, but I would thing they have different skin pigmentation than us little whitetits. Also I actually find this last post of yours offensive but then that is only my opinion and as this an open forum everyone is intitled to their own opinion including you big pete.
Well i had it removed , but the jist was to point out that in my opinion in normal worldwide tradition .. Over exageration of the sunbathing gives you cancer .. yet again is blown out of proportion Cancer has to be there already for that to occur ,

If being in the sun a lot means your bound to die a cruel skin eating cancerous death , how come those darker coloured skin coloured people who live out in the Hotter climates like Africa etc, Have not all died from skin cancer yet ?
Old May 16th 2007, 10:29 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Well i had it removed , but the jist was to point out that in my opinion in normal worldwide tradition .. Over exageration of the sunbathing gives you cancer .. yet again is blown out of proportion Cancer has to be there already for that to occur ,

If being in the sun a lot means your bound to die a cruel skin eating cancerous death , how come those darker coloured skin coloured people who live out in the Hotter climates like Africa etc, Have not all died from skin cancer yet ?
I don't big pete, all I can say to you is your a darling for having it removed and I love you even more than I did before. Thank you.

I do really think it is something to do with the pigmentation of the skin, over thousands of years it have developed to with stand the sun rays. I'm most probably talking rubbish but I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:56 pm
Straw Man.

I don't big pete, all I can say to you is your a darling for having it removed and I love you even more than I did before. Thank you.

I do really think it is something to do with the pigmentation of the skin, over thousands of years it have developed to with stand the sun rays. I'm most probably talking rubbish but I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Your not talking crap at all Crispy (you never do) Negroid "types" have high levels of melanin pigment, which protects the skin from UV damage, the main cause of skin cancer, this is a very informative site.

Oh and Pete, if you think skin cancer may be less of a threat than they say mate, try posting that in the OZ forum, they will baste you in butter and hog roast ya mate!!

Last edited by rugbymatt; May 16th 2007 at 10:58 pm.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:00 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Your not talking crap at all Crispy (you never do) Negroid "types" have high levels of melanin pigment, which protects the skin from UV damage, the main cause of skin cancer, this is a very informative site.

Oh and Pete, if you think skin cancer may be less of a threat than they say mate, try posting that in the OZ forum, they will baste you in butter and hog roast ya mate!!

Thanks for that Matt, good to know I'm not full of KAC.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:04 pm
Straw Man.

Thanks for that Matt, good to know I'm not full of KAC.
you have mixed yourself up with me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.