Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Sunburn Thread

The Sunburn Thread

Old May 16th 2007, 11:07 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Sunburn Thread

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Your not talking crap at all Crispy (you never do) Negroid "types" have high levels of melanin pigment, which protects the skin from UV damage, the main cause of skin cancer, this is a very informative site.

Oh and Pete, if you think skin cancer may be less of a threat than they say mate, try posting that in the OZ forum, they will baste you in butter and hog roast ya mate!!
it happens all the time
Old May 16th 2007, 11:08 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

you have mixed yourself up with me!
Hey Matt we are being nice to each other to night, how good is that.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
it happens all the time
imagine if I wrote the word Negroid in that forum? I would be turning on the spit as we speak!!
Old May 16th 2007, 11:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hey Matt we are being nice to each other to night, how good is that.
we are always nice to each other!

I haven't had a row with anyone for some time now, but I sense one brewing.....
Old May 16th 2007, 11:12 pm

imagine if I wrote the word Negroid in that forum? I would be turning on the spit as we speak!!
that's very true, we seem to have more than our fair share of judge and juries in the Oz forum
Old May 16th 2007, 11:13 pm

that's very true, we seem to have more than our fair share of judge and juries in the Oz forum
i forgot to add "executioners too"
Old May 16th 2007, 11:15 pm
Straw Man.

i forgot to add "executioners too"
Fun in there it is.

I sense a big blow out coming you know, things just ain't right.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:18 pm

Fun in there it is.

I sense a big blow out coming you know, things just ain't right.
it could just be the push i've been expecting
Old May 16th 2007, 11:19 pm
Straw Man.

it could just be the push i've been expecting
to close the thread of doom?
Old May 16th 2007, 11:20 pm

to close the thread of doom?
to close the mod of gloom
Old May 16th 2007, 11:24 pm
Straw Man.

to close the mod of gloom
don't you dare, you once told me not to go, and I'm now telling you, we cant lose a good one!

You dare and I will start a thread, I will!
Old May 16th 2007, 11:26 pm

don't you dare, you once told me not to go, and I'm now telling you, we cant lose a good one!

You dare and I will start a thread, I will!
i've hinted at it from the start, it'll probably never happen
Old May 16th 2007, 11:26 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Your not talking crap at all Crispy (you never do) Negroid "types" have high levels of melanin pigment, which protects the skin from UV damage, the main cause of skin cancer, this is a very informative site.

Oh and Pete, if you think skin cancer may be less of a threat than they say mate, try posting that in the OZ forum, they will baste you in butter and hog roast ya mate!!
Why dont we just manufacture melanin pigment sunoils problem solved ...

Oh i dont talk to the OZ lot if you dare say anything that may slightly be not what they think , they go nutty , i know

Well its funny how the old generation lived til 90s and used to be out in the sun hop picking ,strawberry picking and stuff .. down the beach at Blackpool , Margate etc, and never had a problem my grandad lived to 95 !!
smoked , had a fried breaky every day , drank Milk , worked his allotment in the blazing sunshine , went through the war years , was shot , stabbed , worked in a factory with low health and safety emissions , etc etc.. According to todays standards he should of died at 40 !! but nope 95 and his brain was as sharp az a Razor .. legs were knackered and his arms wouldnt be any good in a arm wrestling championship , but still hanging in there .. Until His Wife and my Grandma died aged about 87 i think ? . then he just switched off and wanted to join her

So it Just makes me laugh with the new namby pamby generation ,and all the stuff they keep coming out with . ie;
Eggs were bad for you then good for you
Dont drink to much , yet a glass a day is good ?
Dont fry foods , to much fat ,yet the body needs some fat ?
Dont smoke ,
Dont drink to much Milk ,make sure its low fat ?
Dont go in the sun , yet its a fact mental health increases in sun ?
Dont have much salt ,yet body needs salt ?
Dont eat any saturated fats
The list goes on and on .

I had a pint a day of full fat milk at school , and look at how i turned out hmmmmmmmmmm maybe you should cut down on milk
Old May 16th 2007, 11:32 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Why dont we just manufacture melanin pigment sunoils problem solved ...

Oh i dont talk to the OZ lot if you dare say anything that may slightly be not what they think , they go nutty , i know

Well its funny how the old generation lived til 90s and used to be out in the sun hop picking ,strawberry picking and stuff .. down the beach at Blackpool , Margate etc, and never had a problem my grandad lived to 95 !!
smoked , had a fried breaky every day , drank Milk , worked his allotment in the blazing sunshine , went through the war years , was shot , stabbed , worked in a factory with low health and safety emissions , etc etc.. According to todays standards he should of died at 40 !! but nope 95 and his brain was as sharp az a Razor .. legs were knackered and his arms wouldnt be any good in a arm wrestling championship , but still hanging in there .. Until His Wife and my Grandma died aged about 87 i think ? . then he just switched off and wanted to join her

So it Just makes me laugh with the new namby pamby generation ,and all the stuff they keep coming out with . ie;
Eggs were bad for you then good for you
Dont drink to much , yet a glass a day is good ?
Dont fry foods , to much fat ,yet the body needs some fat ?
Dont smoke ,
Dont drink to much Milk ,make sure its low fat ?
Dont go in the sun , yet its a fact mental health increases in sun ?
Dont have much salt ,yet body needs salt ?
Dont eat any saturated fats
The list goes on and on .

I had a pint a day of full fat milk at school , and look at how i turned out hmmmmmmmmmm maybe you should cut down on milk

I totally see what you are saying and some people use the same thing to argue for smoking, but the fact is that skin cancer is on the rise, and so is lung cancer, there are other factors involved now, including the bloody great hole in the ozone, more leisure time than we have ever had, etc etc etc, but talking as someone who has lost 7 of their mothers side aunt and uncles from cancer, it is real and it is something we must look at.

Oh and yeah, keep out of the OZ forum, even if its just to keep sane mate.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:33 pm
Straw Man.

i've hinted at it from the start, it'll probably never happen
you heading back anyway are you not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.