Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A step closer to Spain

A step closer to Spain

Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice
Default A step closer to Spain

Hello everyone

Well, I did it. I finally put my house on the market. The 'for sale' board went up on Tuesday. I've cleaned my house from top to bottom - it's immaculate, honestly, showhome ready, perfect, I'm frightened to breathe in case I disturb anything. And now it's ready for the first viewing tonight - 6pm until 8pm. So here I am! Waiting....and waiting....and waiting. Where the hell is everyone?

Seriously though, I'm so excited. I've just started telling members of my family of my decision to move to Spain and they're all really happy for me and incredibly supportive.

I do seem to be going through a whole range of emotions at the moment - I know it's a huge step and I'm really looking forward to my new life, but it's also very scary. There's so much to do and plan.

I just hope my house sells quickly. We'll see... Please keep your fingers crossed!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A step closer to Spain

Originally Posted by Kyla
Hello everyone

Well, I did it. I finally put my house on the market. The 'for sale' board went up on Tuesday. I've cleaned my house from top to bottom - it's immaculate, honestly, showhome ready, perfect, I'm frightened to breathe in case I disturb anything. And now it's ready for the first viewing tonight - 6pm until 8pm. So here I am! Waiting....and waiting....and waiting. Where the hell is everyone?

Seriously though, I'm so excited. I've just started telling members of my family of my decision to move to Spain and they're all really happy for me and incredibly supportive.

I do seem to be going through a whole range of emotions at the moment - I know it's a huge step and I'm really looking forward to my new life, but it's also very scary. There's so much to do and plan.

I just hope my house sells quickly. We'll see... Please keep your fingers crossed!

It'll get worse ...... but then it'll get better
Good luck with the sale.

I wrote down absolutely everything on lists when I did it, making sure nothing was left to chance. Unfortunately I must have been in an alcoholic haze when I made the lists and some things were indeed left to chance
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:33 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone

All fingers and toes crossed here for you young lady
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:48 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Kyla the very best of luck with the sale of your house I will keep my fingers crossed for you,let us know how it goes
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:13 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Kyla, my stomach did a sumersault (spelling lol) when I read your post I really do wish you all the best of luck and any doubts or questions you have then just start a post and we will all be there to help

Like Mitzy says, it will get worse then it will get better. Just ride with it and you will be in Spain soon and hopefully very very happy
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Good luck with your house sale. You must be really excited. Have the viewers been yet? Let us know how it went.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Good luck kyla. Hope you have a speedy sale.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:00 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Good for you Klya,
I hope all goes ok with the viewings, keeping my fingers crossed, and what a time to go, the weather is awful, just when we thought we were going to have a summer. What part of spain do you think you will be going to?, Anyway just off to work now, so all the best, keep us all up to date and the best wishes in the world!
Luv Eve
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Good for you Kyla hope yr viewing goes well its a real nightmare having to keep yr house permanently tidy till its sold, fortunately for us we sold on our
2nd viewing so we heaved a big sigh of relief afterwards and we are hoping to be leaving the UK in the next 10 days when everything has hopefully gone through.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Diana37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good, I envy you. I spent 7 days in Benalmadena last summer and it was great. Did you find a work in Spain? Where? Are you moving alone or with your family?.

I am single and I would like to live there but I am a bit lost about it.

Good luck!!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:34 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diana37
Good, I envy you. I spent 7 days in Benalmadena last summer and it was great. Did you find a work in Spain? Where? Are you moving alone or with your family?.

I am single and I would like to live there but I am a bit lost about it.

Good luck!!!
Hello Diana37, firstly a big welcome to BE,1st post hey,well you have found the right place if you are interested in moving to Spain,I believe there have been lots of single people moved over to Spain,and more yet to go,you will find loads of info,here ,just about every subject has been covered .Good luck
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Diana37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much Jandy.
I would like to know how difficult could be to find a job in Spain... my Spanish is very short and now I am working as PA in a big enterprise.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Thanks for all your lovely comments and good wishes.

Well, I had 2 viewings last night - firstly a couple who live in the same street but looking for a bigger property (baby on the way). They were really nice and seemed quite interested. When they left they said they were going to work out their budget and think about it. The second was a woman who was looking on behalf of her brother. I took an instant dislike to her but I had to remind myself that this is business and I need to stay emotionally detached. I'm very proud of my home so it's difficult.

Anyway, the next viewing is on Sunday so we'll see what happens...

Meanwhile, whilst I'm over here in the UK 'house-selling', my partner is in Spain house-hunting!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:06 am
Young at heart

Anyway, the next viewing is on Sunday so we'll see what happens...

Meanwhile, whilst I'm over here in the UK 'house-selling', my partner is in Spain house-hunting!
Hi Kyla,well its sounding very positive so far,I know what you mean about being proud of your house,Id be the same,after all the work we have done here.
Lucky you,I wish my 0/H was in Spain househunting,he will certainly be having better weather,thats for sure.
Well lets keep our fingers crossed and hope you have a quick sale,good luck for the veiwing on Sunday
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diana37
Thank you very much Jandy.
I would like to know how difficult could be to find a job in Spain... my Spanish is very short and now I am working as PA in a big enterprise.
From what I have read on here over the past few months I think that your Spanish would have to be excellent to be able to find a similar job in Spain. Also the wages are very low here.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.