Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

starbucks...support the troops

starbucks...support the troops

Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:14 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: starbucks...support the troops

It seemed to me you did it first.........I´m telling the teacher!

But let´s get back on topic.

Should the British troops be deprived of Starbucks coffee or should they go home ?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:33 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
It seemed to me you did it first.........I´m telling the teacher!

But let´s get back on topic.

Should the British troops be deprived of Starbucks coffee or should they go home ?
I will leave it to be discussed by you lot, you all seem to have the answers.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:10 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Matt has it right. Pulling out of Afghanistan would be a disaster. Having said that, I doubt that we can enforce on them the kind of democratic system we would like to see, and that seems to be the opinion of europeans living there. I think the best we can hope for is to maintain a presence sufficiently in control for them to set up the kind of system that they are happy with, and that will prevent the taliban and its like re-establishing itself there.

More that that is a tad unrealistic, I think.

Just to do that will take a massive investment, and much better support for the troops from the government.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah, not the sharpest big boy, but then I don't have to be given the quality of some of the people I have to talk to on here.

Sleep safe in your bed at night do you?

Yes very safe, but that is because I was born with half a brain and decided not to become cannon fodder for some idiot politician.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:43 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goaty
Yes very safe, but that is because I was born with half a brain and decided not to become cannon fodder for some idiot politician.
Actually, the safest way to avoid getting called up is to be a politician's child, I'm told.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:58 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

... and the debt your country owes you is immense.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

... and the debt your country owes you is immense.

ever heard of..... "not in my name"?

thought not
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:41 am
Straw Man.

ever heard of..... "not in my name"?

thought not
How about that freedom they buy you? Do you think your politics do that?

Pathetic little troll
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

How about that freedom they buy you? Do you think your politics do that?

Pathetic little troll

wow A Bush supporter, you must be as thick as he is. I´ll spell it out in simple terms as it may go over your head.

Illegal war

Iraq Body CountDocumented civilian deaths from violence
92,550 – 101,037

not to mention the thousands of military UK/US deaths.

This is what your politics does.

Instead of posting 33,000 tonnes of crap, you could go out and meet some Iraqi orphans.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:41 am
bil
Banned

My favourite Bush bumper sticker.

Bad President! No banana!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

wow A Bush supporter, you must be as thick as he is. I´ll spell it out in simple terms as it may go over your head.

Illegal war

92,550 – 101,037

Instead of posting 33,000 tonnes of crap, you could go out and meet some Iraqi orphans.
Explain to me about Legal Wars then. ;-))
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:15 pm
Straw Man.

Illegal war

92,550 – 101,037

I support our troops to the hilt, and I am pretty sure I spoke about Afghanistan not Iraq, and I have no shame in supporting our troops, if I could do more for them I would, but there you go. These men and women give their lives, they stand up in front of some of the most violent people and situations on the planet and help defend our freedom and their freedom.
You are an idiot thinking that the world would live in harmony regardless, and while we are on the subject of Iraq, the simple fact is that Saddam had to go, it was done in a messy, untidy way, but he simply had to go... why do I say that? Because I have lived in the Middle East and he was despised by the very people he tried to gain support from, the rest of the Muslim world, he was a god awful Muslim and he made the fatal mistake of being supported for decades by America in their war against Iran, the golden child of the Middle East.

Before you assume you know ANYTHING about the region go and read a book, any book, then come and tell me that I am think, pillock.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I support our troops to the hilt, and I am pretty sure I spoke about Afghanistan not Iraq, and I have no shame in supporting our troops, if I could do more for them I would, but there you go. These men and women give their lives, they stand up in front of some of the most violent people and situations on the planet and help defend our freedom and their freedom.
You are an idiot thinking that the world would live in harmony regardless, and while we are on the subject of Iraq, the simple fact is that Saddam had to go, it was done in a messy, untidy way, but he simply had to go... why do I say that? Because I have lived in the Middle East and he was despised by the very people he tried to gain support from, the rest of the Muslim world, he was a god awful Muslim and he made the fatal mistake of being supported for decades by America in their war against Iran, the golden child of the Middle East.

Before you assume you know ANYTHING about the region go and read a book, any book, then come and tell me that I am think, pillock.
I think rugbymatt believes the scaremongering propeganda that is put out every day by groups with vested interests in the UK and US.

The UK and US are the only countries in the "civilised world" today that think wars are justified. Coincidently these are the 2 countries that have made the most money out of wars and colonisation in history (though 15th/16th century Spain could run them close). The whole of London was built of the backs of such profits.

Anyone who thinks wars are fought on "just causes" should maybe read a few books (like you suggest rugbymatt)
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:00 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Illegal war

92,550 – 101,037

You know a lot about war then, Defining a War as Illegal, Now stop me if im wrong but every war has a bit of Violence and bloodshed in it thats why its called War, What is it good for............. Absolutely Nothing.

There have been 4330 coalition deaths in Iraq 179 of those are UK Forces all could have been avoided, If you dont mind Suicide bombers roaming your streets. I have friends on the front line and your attitude makes me sick.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
You know a lot about war then, Defining a War as Illegal, Now stop me if im wrong but every war has a bit of Violence and bloodshed in it thats why its called War, What is it good for............. Absolutely Nothing.

There have been 4330 coalition deaths in Iraq 179 of those are UK Forces all could have been avoided, If you dont mind Suicide bombers roaming your streets. I have friends on the front line and your attitude makes me sick.
The troubles in the Middle East are a direct result of British invasion and influence in the region over the past 200 years. Just like Hitler came to power to help the Germans being starved by the British and allies, the Taleban and fundamental Islam is helped by the British and Amercians imposing their ideas on others - mainly to enable the free supply of oil.

Africa became war-ridden after the British and other Europeans decided to take it over and draw completely random borders so they could divide up the national resources and send them back to Europe.

War is and always has been the tool used by rich nations to rape and steel from poor nations. Hence why imo wars and nationalism are wrong. British, Europeans and Americans should be ashamed of their history of the past 500 years. If there is a hell, it will be us that end up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.