Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

starbucks...support the troops

starbucks...support the troops

Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: starbucks...support the troops

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Maybe we should really be asking the Government why it is that the army has to write to a trader begging for supplies of coffee.
Gotta wonder if any part of that email is at all true. I find it hard to believe that some troops would actually write to Starbucks and ask for coffee....how are they going to prepare the double mocha frappa smoothychino anyway??

Let's see a copy of either letter - from the troops, or back from Starbucks, and then I'll believe it.

Sounds more like the sort of thing a disgruntled customer, or competitor would circulate to try and do damage to the company.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:10 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

It was a hoax, an unfortunate understanding judging by the link that Elfie posted, you people really should read the link he posted, might answer at least some of the questions.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:11 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an idea:

Bring your boys home so they can have all the Starbucks coffee they want ánd they don´t have to risk their lives anymore.....

Stop the war!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:12 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
I have an idea:

Bring your boys home so they can have all the Starbucks coffee they want ánd they don´t have to risk their lives anymore.....

Stop the war!
Is that really the solution?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:17 am
Jur

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Is that really the solution?
You come up with one then.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:23 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jur
You come up with one then.
It was you with all the answers mate, and personally, bringing them home will be the biggest disaster ever. People always moan on about the fact no one has ever won in Afghanistan, but what no one understands is that we are not trying to win, we are trying to establish a government and civil structure so that the people can live a life that is a little better than the third world medieval hell it used to be.

What we should be doing is giving the troops that are there more support and the equipment they need to complete their mission.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:35 am
Jur

It was you with all the answers mate, and personally, bringing them home will be the biggest disaster ever. People always moan on about the fact no one has ever won in Afghanistan, but what no one understands is that we are not trying to win, we are trying to establish a government and civil structure so that the people can live a life that is a little better than the third world medieval hell it used to be.

What we should be doing is giving the troops that are there more support and the equipment they need to complete their mission.
When did I give you the impression I have all the answers, I think you´re confusing me with Fortaleza......

Just go along with your opinion, I´m not in favour of us people killing eachother (being helpful or not), therefore I am against war.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:40 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jur
I have an idea:

Stop the war!
Originally Posted by Jur
When did I give you the impression I have all the answers, I think you´re confusing me with Fortaleza......

Just go along with your opinion, I´m not in favour of us people killing eachother (being helpful or not), therefore I am against war.
Neither am I in favour of people killing one another, but think for a second the young woman in the football stadium killed by the Taliban for what? Supposedly killing her husband, but with no trial, no witnesses, no proof, who is to tell?
Unfortunately Jur, we don't live in a fair world, and someone has to do the dirty work.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:40 am
Straw Man.

Oh and nice call on Forty, know it all git isnt he?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:53 am
Jur

Neither am I in favour of people killing one another, but think for a second the young woman in the football stadium killed by the Taliban for what? Supposedly killing her husband, but with no trial, no witnesses, no proof, who is to tell?
Unfortunately Jur, we don't live in a fair world, and someone has to do the dirty work.
What about the stabbing to death of a young Polish boy outside one of your London clubs last year? Why don´t you deal with that?

Oh and nice call on Forty, know it all git isnt he?
I love and loathe him.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:55 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jur
What about the stabbing to death of a young Polish boy outside one of your London clubs last year? Why don´t you deal with that?

I love and loathe him.
Someone has to!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 4th 2009 at 10:28 am.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:07 am
Jur

Someone has to !
Hey! That quoting and rewriting is a really neat trick! Just reported it.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:35 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jur
Hey! That quoting and rewriting is a really neat trick! Just reported it.
Eh?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:59 am
Jur

I am in favour of people killing one another, but think for a second the young woman in the football stadium killed by the Taliban for what? Killing her husband, but with a fair trial, two witnesses, lot of proof, who is next?
Fortunately Jur, we don't live in a fair world, and we like to do the dirty work.

read quote !
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:05 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jur
read quote !
Yeah, you have just re written what I wrote, very clever, and so valuable to the conversation. Brilliant Jur, utterly brilliant.

I swear, its like talking to children.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.