Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

starbucks...support the troops

starbucks...support the troops

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice
Default starbucks...support the troops

My husband and many of his friends are ex or current forces and we have just recieved this directly from a Royal Marine Sgt. I have removed his name for confidentiality. Please read and support.

The email reads>

Recently, British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products!

I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS... PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST LIMBS AND EVEN DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM!!!

AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK , and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our
bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions are.

End of email.

Thanks for your support.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:49 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: starbucks...support the troops

Originally Posted by celestine
My husband and many of his friends are ex or current forces and we have just recieved this directly from a Royal Marine Sgt. I have removed his name for confidentiality. Please read and support.
This has been doing the rounds for about five years and was originally about the US Marines

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Last edited by elfman; Aug 3rd 2009 at 1:55 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 6:10 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Their coffee is crap anyway, Spanish bar coffee is much better and at 1€ a cup it`s no contest. ;-)
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice

Originally Posted by elfman
This has been doing the rounds for about five years and was originally about the US Marines

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
Thanks for that I will circulate this on the back of my last email.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

I say well done StarBucks.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should really be asking the Government why it is that the army has to write to a trader begging for supplies of coffee.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:52 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I make it a golden rule never to recirculate this sort of stuff. 9 times out of ten it is rubbish.

Want to support the troops? Send the lying scum out there that took us into Iraq and wasted all those lives. Tie them on the front of the vehicles on patrol and give us all a damn good laugh.

Bush, Blair and Aznar should all be there as war criminals.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Tanky Tony is just really niceTanky Tony is just really niceTanky Tony is just really niceTanky Tony is just really niceTanky Tony is just really niceTanky Tony is just really niceTanky Tony is just really niceTanky Tony is just really nice

As elfman said this has being doing the rounds for quite some time,recall a U/S marine contacting my ex regiments forum asking for support,and to boycott Starbrucks coffee,a e;mail went out and some took their own action,that was the last i heard of it,but as a ex Tankie they get my support anyway.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I make it a golden rule never to recirculate this sort of stuff. 9 times out of ten it is rubbish.

Want to support the troops? Send the lying scum out there that took us into Iraq and wasted all those lives. Tie them on the front of the vehicles on patrol and give us all a damn good laugh.

Bush, Blair and Aznar should all be there as war criminals.
100% agree with that

The British armed forces on the ground are very brave etc, but morally it is an extremely difficult position to be in as you have no say in what you must or must not do.

That decision is taken by someone in a comfortable office with motives that may be corrupt, immoral, cowardly or plain wrong. You must undertake the deed whatever the decision and even forfeit your life for it. I've never been able to understand what drives young people to do just that...
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:56 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
100% agree with that

The British armed forces on the ground are very brave etc, but morally it is an extremely difficult position to be in as you have no say in what you must or must not do.

That decision is taken by someone in a comfortable office with motives that may be corrupt, immoral, cowardly or plain wrong. You must undertake the deed whatever the decision and even forfeit your life for it. I've never been able to understand what drives young people to do just that...
Yep, and if you dare to say anything against the war, then the scum wrap themselves in the flag, and accuse you of failing to support 'our boys'.

Afghanistan and the Taliban, - that was a just war. Iraq was Tony's war, and I hate the Tories as much because as opposition, they should have refused to support him without proof, which of course Bush's poodle couldn't have given them.

-and who gets to pay for all this? Why, I do believe we have that priviledge.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goaty
I say well done StarBucks.
Twat.

EDIT: Believe me, this was the most pleasant reply I could come up with if I understood you right.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:58 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Twat.

EDIT: Believe me, this was the most pleasant reply I could come up with if I understood you right.

Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

Twat.

bog off is the most pleasant reply I can come up with. I´ve read some of your posts, obviously not the sharpest knife in the box.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:43 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goaty
bog off is the most pleasant reply I can come up with. I´ve read some of your posts, obviously not the sharpest knife in the box.
Yeah, not the sharpest big boy, but then I don't have to be given the quality of some of the people I have to talk to on here.

Sleep safe in your bed at night do you?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Twat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.