Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Old Jun 1st 2012, 9:37 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Originally Posted by Domino
So Stevie you are saying nothing will change, all those Darn Sarf with big expensive houses that havent taken the hit the rest of the Uk have will be investing in Spain again - just the same as 10 year ago.

We have a decent sized 3 bed semi, good sized gardens, failed to sell at £120,000 - thats north of Watford, south of Humber on the edge of the Fens, near to a main railway line and the A1.
How much is that going to let us buy even in the depressed Spanish market??

As someone said earlier, there are those places where the crisis appears to be something effecting the rest of the world, whilst the rest of us have to wade through it.

I am worried because my favourite XL eggs have gone up from €1.99 to €138 a dozen, I may have to look for cheaper if this crisis carries on much longer.
If you did manage to sell at £120K now, that would give you 150,000 Euros now and for that you would get a small detached villa with around 500 square metres of garden and a small swimming pool now.

The future is the big problem, the experts are wringing their hands, UKIP are sharpening their knives, Obama is lecturing the EU on how to solve their problems, in truth, nobody knows what's going to happen next.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 9:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I am worried because my favourite XL eggs have gone up from €1.99 to €138 a dozen, I may have to look for cheaper if this crisis carries on much longer.
OMG, €138 a dozen, cheaper to come back to the UK to buy a couple of dozen, then take them back to Spain. Anyone interested in setting up an egg export/import business?..
Old Jun 1st 2012, 9:45 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
OMG, €138 a dozen, cheaper to come back to the UK to buy a couple of dozen, then take them back to Spain. Anyone interested in setting up an egg export/import business?..
thanks Mike, just been able to get in and correct the typo
wanna job proof reading for me ??
Old Jun 1st 2012, 9:59 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Mike, just been able to get in and correct the typo
wanna job proof reading for me ??
Just another point on the same post, how can they go UP from €1.99 to €1.38, when I was at scholl, going up meant an increase.. bet you're too late to change it again..
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Just another point on the same post, how can they go UP from €1.99 to €1.38, when I was at scholl, going up meant an increase.. bet you're too late to change it again..
Sounds to me as though you put your foot in it there, Mike? Perhaps you were in the arithmetic lesson when you should have been in spelling?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Sounds to me as though you put your foot in it there, Mike? Perhaps you were in the arithmetic lesson when you should have been in spelling?
Maybe deflation has already started
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:45 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

So Stevie you are saying nothing will change, all those Darn Sarf with big expensive houses that havent taken the hit the rest of the Uk have will be investing in Spain again - just the same as 10 year ago.

We have a decent sized 3 bed semi, good sized gardens, failed to sell at £120,000 - thats north of Watford, south of Humber on the edge of the Fens, near to a main railway line and the A1.
How much is that going to let us buy even in the depressed Spanish market??

As someone said earlier, there are those places where the crisis appears to be something effecting the rest of the world, whilst the rest of us have to wade through it.

I am worried because my favourite XL eggs have gone up from €1.99 to €2.38 a dozen, I may have to look for cheaper if this crisis carries on much longer.
Sri Mike, but my proof reader doesn't seem to be working properly
fixed it myself
Your Fired ! !

Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:38 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Rajoy has telephoned Merkel today, asking for action.
If this action is not forthcoming, there can surely be only 2 possibilities? : i) a request for an IMF bail-out or ii) a pull-out from the Euro and a replacement currency.
Does Rajoy have the balls to take the second option (or the foresight to have made precautionary plans)?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:55 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes! Rumours that Rajoy is resigning this afternoon. No, can't be true, can it? That would really set the panic off.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Yikes! Rumours that Rajoy is resigning this afternoon. No, can't be true, can it? That would really set the panic off.
source?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:54 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by billgates
source?
Rumours are from various Spanish folk on Twitter - which means it probably isn't true! But the amount of pressure the govt. must be under...
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/eurozone-crisis

Greek Drachma post euro (XGD) shows up on Bloomberg
Read into this what you will....
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:59 pm

Eire appears to have approved the European Pact, the only state to be holding a referendum on the subject

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18290987
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eire appears to have approved the European Pact, the only state to be holding a referendum on the subject

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18290987
I didn't think that turkeys really voted for xmas
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
I didn't think that turkeys really voted for xmas
They may if they believe it's only the ones in the other field that are for the chop and they will get their food that's left over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.