Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Spain BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Wikiposts

The Spain BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Spain BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I thought you were washing your hair for the whole of this weekend.
I was, really really I was, but I was afraid it would start falling out if I washed it any more so switched the TV on for about half an hour on Sunday afternoon. Currently watching Robbie Williams (having just finished washing my hair, and that one's really the God's honest truth!) and I must say the sound quality is really good. If Cliff Richard or Macca comes on the TV's going off, though!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:14 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
See you are still on Brit eating times. Hot weather and it would be about 9.30 before we ate dinner. Even now in the UK it's normally around 8.30pm.
If you're refering to me, yep and That might have something to do with being British and years of habbit...................Listen to this then, quite often I don't go to bed untill 3am and wait for it, it gets worse...sometimes I stay in bed untill 12 pm, aint life just great?
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I was, really really I was, but I was afraid it would start falling out if I washed it any more so switched the TV on for about half an hour on Sunday afternoon. Currently watching Robbie Williams (having just finished washing my hair, and that one's really the God's honest truth!) and I must say the sound quality is really good. If Cliff Richard or Macca comes on the TV's going off, though!
Sorry but they were both on, so you would have missed the rest, actually Macca looked really old and haggard.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:24 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Sorry but they were both on, so you would have missed the rest, actually Macca looked really old and haggard.
Well he is, I wish he'd pack in singing and just stick to song writing now.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

We switched off when Cliff Richard came on, but did a bit of channel surfing during the commercial breaks and caught Alfie Boe doing the Just One Cornetto song (very good, I thought) and Grace Jones, she was amazing, how did she manage to keep that hula hoop going all through the song (and her voice is still good as well)! Pity Old Phil the Greek was in hospital, he might have enjoyed seeing her. I reckon he was skiving after Sunday - I can just imagine him saying "Bugger this for a game of soldiers, I'm orf. Checked m'self into the sick bay for a few days, get waited on by a bit of decent totty for a change. Send the Rolls round for me when it's all over".
Old Jun 5th 2012, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Just finished a Korma and naan bread I decided to make this evening.

Made it with Rank chicken from next doors bins, you're right it was still gorgeous.

Where the hell does that guy who got maggots on his plate eat? Not the "everything for a Euro restaurant was it?

I dont eat out much except for toastadas and the like, I've seen what goes on too many times.

If I were to eat out it would be for special occasions or when tavelling and with food I don't normally have at home and it would be in a fine establishment with a fine price, hopefully they don't need to use scraps when you're paying a decent price.

Mrs Beast and I eat out very seldom these last few years and when we do it is in restaurants where we know the kitchens and the staff well and enjoy the results.
In 2009 I helped set up a Bio-diesel company where we bought and collected used cooking oil from bars and restaurants and turned it into Bio-fuel....There were just the three of us and we did everything from collecting the oil to processing it.
I have been in thousands of kitchens from tapas bars to 5 star hotels from Perpignan to Barcelona and swear there were no more than a dozen I would be prepared to eat food from. If I related some of the conditions and incidents I came across, a few more would think twice before eating out.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 5:34 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to see my anti-cr@p grub campaign is bearing some positive results.

I mentioned quite a bit about Asian restaurants initially, but having been behind the scenes in quite a few highly rated establishments where Uncle Tom Cobbley and all seem to have their grubby fingers and snotty old rags in your food and around your plates before serving it up, I think there is room for improvement right across the board
Old Jun 5th 2012, 5:49 am

Well it's up to each individual, I don't because I couldn't go into any place without thinking about food hygene, I am a stickler at home too and I can guarantee they wouldn't clean to my standards.
Makes me cringe when folk ask for cheap food places.

Does anyone remember that lad in Burger King or McDonalds not sure which, doing something into the Mayonase? You just don't know whats going on behind the scene especially when they employ kids, and don't pay them a decent wage.

One thing I will say, in the McDonalds here I can see everything going on, it's quite open and nearly always empty and therefore clean looking. I have bought the odd one or two there and I'm still here
Old Jun 5th 2012, 5:50 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Pity Old Phil the Greek was in hospital, he might have enjoyed seeing her. I reckon he was skiving after Sunday - I can just imagine him saying "Bugger this for a game of soldiers, I'm orf. Checked m'self into the sick bay for a few days, get waited on by a bit of decent totty for a change. Send the Rolls round for me when it's all over".
Think you got it about right there, according to the latest news he's well on the way to recovery.
Give him another day or so till the shenanigans are all done and dusted and he'll be back chasing the maids around the palace corridors like a three year old.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:38 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't he just. I always thought he was over-rated but he cannot sing at all now and he has no sparkle, likewise Elton.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:25 am
On the road again.

Didn't he just. I always thought he was over-rated but he cannot sing at all now and he has no sparkle, likewise Elton.
I just watched a few clips of the show this evening and whilst I admit that the presentation was excellent, I have to say that the apology for so-called music on show was nothing short of dire.

Back in the 60s with the huge variety of original talent coming through, I often thought surely it can never get any better than this.

Well right enough, now that those guys have all outlived their usefulness or been put out to grass and little else worthy of note has come through since, surely we have reached the stage where it just can't possibly get any worse.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Macca was never the best one, that was John by a long way!

Sadly Elton has lost his once good voice and perhaps should have quit some years ago, but for me the worst by far was Cliff, he never did have any talent in my view, and now he looks and acts like an escapee from a home for the bewildered.

The best of the lot was Alfie Boe, not only a very good voice but looks great too!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 4:27 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I can safely say that I will never see another celebration on that scale in my lifetime. Sadly, my own contribution mainly consisted of switching on my TV set, although I did attend an expat event locally, somewhat spoiled when they switched on a karaoke machine late in the evening.

As for the criticism of Macca and Cliff, we should remember that they are OAPs, and as we get older we lose lots of things, as well as our voices.

Engelbert should have been there, I don't suppose with his name he will ever get knighted but his courage in the Eurovision song contest should be rewarded. (76-years old!)
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:48 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see Cliff, have it all recorded, may watch it when I have time. Saw Shirley Bassey she seemed to carry it off ok.

See that Macca is doing the finale for the Olympics too...bloody hell Why not some strong voice with a classic song. Someone like the Welsh opera singer Bryn Terfel. Who would you choose? has to be British though.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:07 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see Cliff, have it all recorded, may watch it when I have time. Saw Shirley Bassey she seemed to carry it off ok.

See that Macca is doing the finale for the Olympics too...bloody hell Why not some strong voice with a classic song. Someone like the Welsh opera singer Bryn Terfel. Who would you choose? has to be British though.
Macca never ever had a strong voice, he is living on the memories of a short lived pop group that had better PR than most
The radio reports are that Cliff was a disaster, but then I only listen to R4 in English.

When Bryan May played at Buck House a few years ago it was cringe making, poor and honestly degraded the rest of the proceedings. Never rated him as a superior guitarist, just another who was member of a pop group that had better PR than most.

Bryn Terfel fine choice, or Susan Boyle

but who asks the plebs who they want ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.