Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain´s Stolen Children

Spain´s Stolen Children

Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:19 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain´s Stolen Children

Originally Posted by JLFS
Group blame:
lets go a bit further here, a bishop knows that a priest is up to some very serious abuse to children, and he covers for him, changes his parish and the priest gets off with it, so to speak.

A little old lady, arranges flowers in the church and as a practising catholic pays and lights her little candles to the ones she loves.

She knows that things go on, that a bad and illegal in the church,but her own particular priest is a good man, helpful and conforting.

Both are practising catholics, and belong to an organization which lets abuse go on, what good would it do for this old lady to cut herself off from the church ,and turn her back on what she belives is a good thing but has some bad apples amongst them.
Geeze mate, I dunno. How much responsibility does a bishop have if he pimps for a known paedophile?

As for the old lady, well, what harm does it do if she takes communion kneeling in front of the bishop, to assert his power over the congregation?

Ok, so technically what he did is wrong, but that doesn't matter does it?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Actually, I find it completely horrifying that so many catholics do NOTHING about what is going on. You seem to think that's fine.

I also note that you seem far more upset at the offence I am giving to the many worshippers, than you are over the paedophilia.

If you listen to this, I think there's a mention for people like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzO6s1vCxY
damn ....I regret wasting my Karma on a previous comment now
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:21 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
The examples you gave were deliberately confusing and conflicting. Let's make it simple.

You see someone getting into the car who is clearly drunk. Do you take his keys off him to prevent him, or do you let him go on his merry way?

You are due to get in with him to have a lift. You know he has been drinking but get in there anyway.

In both cases there is an accident and someone dies. Do you, or do you not bear some responsibility?

Wrto your car scenario. If you have three passengers, and the driver starts to behave recklessly. One passenger encourages him, one does nothing and the third, in the back, tries to stop him but can't because he can't get over the seats.

One passenger bears a lot of responsibility, one some, and the third none at all.

Wrto informing about an affair, one cannot, in any circumstance be right, as no matter what happens, you will risk being disliked by both.

Oh yes, if a gang of criminals go to rob a store, one of them kills the shop owner, I'd say the whole gang bears a greater or lesser responsibility for the death.
You are talking about a one to one action here, before you were talking about group culpability, you said every member of the church was just asresponsible as the abusing priest.

With your car keys and drunk driver as an example, and asking me if I would take the keys off the driver, for the sake of argument let us say that I do nottake his keys,in your eyes I would be as guilty as him.

OK lets say that I have my 10 year old niece with me at the time, she obviously does not try to take the keys off him, and he kills somone, is she as guilty as the two of us, me and the drunk driver.

According to the logic you apply about group culpability she would be just as guilty as us.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:25 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Geeze mate, I dunno. How much responsibility does a bishop have if he pimps for a known paedophile?

As for the old lady, well, what harm does it do if she takes communion kneeling in front of the bishop, to assert his power over the congregation?

Ok, so technically what he did is wrong, but that doesn't matter does it?
Of course it matters, but the lady has never met the bishop or priest involved, she is happy with her priest and gets a lot of good from her religion, brainwashed or not.

She supports her church but not paedos, unluckily there are paedos in the church
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:25 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Totally agree with you.

Rosemary
So, do tell. We have at the top a Pope that is effectively the patron saint of paedophiles.
We have cardinals, bishops and so on, all of whom know what goes on, and who allow the rotation of paedo priests to fresh, unwarned parishes.

ie the pimps.

Then we have some cardinals, bishops and priests who actively practise their paedophilia on teh children in their trust.

I defy you to tell me that there are more than 1% of priests that don't know about it all.

Then we have the religious orders of monks and nuns guilty of abuse.

Finally we have the practising catholics who know about it all but choose to continue giving money and support to the church.

Now, I would like you to tell me, who in all that bears some degree of responsibility?

Oh yeah. People who are more offended at me shouting about this than they are about the paedophilia.

Where, my dear does that place them?

I¡m off to buy some chipboard. I shal look for your answer on my return.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:26 am
bil
Banned

Of course it matters, but the lady has never met the bishop or priest involved, she is happy with her priest and gets a lot of good from her religion, brainwashed or not.

She supports her church but not paedos, unluckily there are paedos in the church
and the bishop, what would you do about the bishop?

So are you saying she knows nothing about the paedophilia?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bil
So, do tell. We have at the top a Pope that is effectively the patron saint of paedophiles.
We have cardinals, bishops and so on, all of whom know what goes on, and who allow the rotation of paedo priests to fresh, unwarned parishes.

ie the pimps.

Then we have some cardinals, bishops and priests who actively practise their paedophilia on teh children in their trust.

I defy you to tell me that there are more than 1% of priests that don't know about it all.

Then we have the religious orders of monks and nuns guilty of abuse.

Finally we have the practising catholics who know about it all but choose to continue giving money and support to the church.

Now, I would like you to tell me, who in all that bears some degree of responsibility?

Oh yeah. People who are more offended at me shouting about this than they are about the paedophilia.

Where, my dear does that place them?

I¡m off to buy some chipboard. I shal look for your answer on my return.
If the chipboard is to nail youself to the church door in protest, dont do it BIL, we will miss you and your debating
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

If the chipboard is to nail youself to the church door in protest, dont do it BIL, we will miss you and your debating
fear not...self crucifixion is impossible....you just can't get that last nail in
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EllisG
fear not...self crucifixion is impossible....you just can't get that last nail in
strike that last comment...I'm thinking a series of pulleys, a long length of cord and a nail gun. Schematic diagrams available on request
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:33 am
Banned

good one
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:51 am
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

Belonging to the human race is a crime in itself... we are violent, destructive, greedy, breed like a pest and are a cancer to the planet.

Because of this, we all should commit suicide immediately to stop all these crimes, and maybe bil should be the first one to show us the way to stop our damaging and disgusting existence, as simply by breathing we implicitly agree to continue our ways condoning our crimes against ourselves and the planet.

... Is that enough, or should we go on and on pointing out the past and pocking a finger in everybody's eye??? Because WE ALL HAVE THINGS TO BE ASHAMED OF. Remember what happened after one particular king decided he had to marry a particular pricktease and put his little thing in her hole whatever the cost, making this the reason to break with the pope... as well as getting the catholic church wealth, of course. Did it really worth all the killings, tortures, forced mass conversions...? Are the modern anglicans like that? No, they are not, most are happy in their religious or not religious ways and don't feel the urge to kill catholics or followers of other religions.

We all can learn from the past and there is no point in calling only a part of history to support one affirmation and leave all the rest that don't support it. Let's stop calling old times, we all get burned if not in the actual pyres.

As per the present, which is the important thing, there is a lot of pressure to change the rules and charge the criminals, and not only in the catholic church. We all know that. So bil, if this is concerning you so much that you cannot stop moving the shit, stop doing it only with words in a small forum, please stop tiring out your fingers here and go on a moral pilgrimage to the Vatican and do some more pressure to change things, you will find a lot of people thinking the same, and most of them will be catholics, believe it or not.

Attack what needs to be attacked, and stop moving the sock full of shit in quick circles over your head, we all will get stained and solve nothing.

Institutions are made of people, good and bad, and they are the ones to be sat in judgment, and we all want it to happen in this world, not the next one.

For the last time, and I hope this time you will read this as I have written it several times now: I attack the criminals and the rules that protect them, just as I am attacking your stupid attack on the innocent followers. Things are changing, and most of the change is coming from internal pressure, not from a guy comfortably sat in Spain who finds it amusing to probe who far he can get before people get offended, and changing absolutely nothing in the way.

And no, I won't bother to continue your game... you can act accordingly to my first absolute assertion as it seems that is your way of thinking, so please be consistent.

Last edited by evamar; Oct 20th 2011 at 10:55 am.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:01 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

cking hell
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:05 am
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

I think the point you are missing in your analysis in relation to religion is this.

All these religions rely one one major fundamental factor, that of faith in the existence of their god. Whenever questioned you are bound to accept that however unlikely the explanation you should accept it because of your faith in his existence.
This superior plane religions put themselves on separates them from any other group or organisation and leaves no room for error... if you are happy being brainwashed into believing that your god sees everything it means he witnessed all manner of abuse in his name and did nothing, then you are in effect condoning this activity
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:22 am
Spanish, 40

I think the point you are missing in your analysis in relation to religion is this.

All these religions rely one one major fundamental factor, that of faith in the existence of their god. Whenever questioned you are bound to accept that however unlikely the explanation you should accept it because of your faith in his existence.
This superior plane religions put themselves on separates them from any other group or organisation and leaves no room for error... if you are happy being brainwashed into believing that your god sees everything it means he witnessed all manner of abuse in his name and did nothing, then you are in effect condoning this activity
I guess that means that we have decided not to leave crimes to an hypothetic god in an hypothetic world and instead think it's better to put criminals to judgment in this one. That is my thinking and I have said it several times, in case you didn't bother to read. I have no god, and I don't condone crimes, whatever kind of clothing the criminal is wearing. It seems you think the same, just as most people but the criminals and the people who protect them, who are the ones who will end up facing charges in this world.

In the meanwhile here we are moving the sock in quick circles...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.