Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain´s Stolen Children

Spain´s Stolen Children

Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spain´s Stolen Children

Programme on tonight at 10pm Spanish time BBC2.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:46 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain´s Stolen Children

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Programme on tonight at 10pm Spanish time BBC2.
Saw a trailer for this this morning, they are talking about 300,000 children being 'stolen' via the church and sold to couples wanting children. Was in Franco's time, and the parents were told their childen were born dead, theywere usually people opposed to Franco's rule.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Saw a trailer for this this morning, they are talking about 300,000 children being 'stolen' via the church and sold to couples wanting children. Was in Franco's time, and the parents were told their childen were born dead, theywere usually people opposed to Franco's rule.
Yes but continued after Franco. The Spanish government won´t hold an enquiry and because DNA wasn´t taken the families aren´t able to find their lost children. Graves have been opened to find that they are only full of stones.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Yes but continued after Franco. The Spanish government won´t hold an enquiry and because DNA wasn´t taken the families aren´t able to find their lost children. Graves have been opened to find that they are only full of stones.
Most never knew, or don't know they are 'stolen'. Suspect it is only through some people finding their DNA doesn't match with their 'parents' that it has come to light.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I read it continued right into the 1990´s and mostly arranged by nuns.

Cue Bil>>>>>>>
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by whitelinen
I read it continued right into the 1990´s and mostly arranged by nuns.

Cue Bil>>>>>>>
As I said, through the church..
Old Oct 18th 2011, 3:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

This has featured regularly on programmes such as España Directo. They often show families who have spent years trying to find their missing children and rarely do they find them. Such a shame, no actually it is an abominhation.

Rosemary
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

But nothing seems to be being done to help them.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:30 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Funny this should pop up. My OH was born in one of the hospitals that's in question about this and was also at the same time (1980).
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

kiddie fiddlers and baby stealers...gotta love the catholic church
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:07 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EllisG
kiddie fiddlers and baby stealers...gotta love the catholic church
Don't think we need bil here now,

Job done !
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately it is a little too much like the 150,000+ children forcibly sent from the UK to Australia and Canada between the 1920s and 1960s. What gives governments, the church, children´s organisations the right to commit these atrocities. The UK kids were used, if they were lucky, as workers, at least Brown had the decency to apologise to them and for once I believe he was sincere.
Listening to some of the harrowing stories on España Direct and watching the documentries about the UK kids was so alike, the parents, brothers, sisters etc trying to find their relatives. As I said why are governing bodies allowed to get away with it.
Many things make me very angry but I truly, yes truly believe that the organisers of these crimes, no matter what country should be hung. Sometimes I do hope that there is a God.

Graham
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just finished watching the programme and it made me so angry that this doctor is still practising and that the Government has done nothing. I just wish there was some way to bring pressure to bear on the Government regarding this.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:21 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Unfortunately it is a little too much like the 150,000+ children forcibly sent from the UK to Australia and Canada between the 1920s and 1960s. What gives governments, the church, children´s organisations the right to commit these atrocities. The UK kids were used, if they were lucky, as workers, at least Brown had the decency to apologise to them and for once I believe he was sincere.
Listening to some of the harrowing stories on España Direct and watching the documentries about the UK kids was so alike, the parents, brothers, sisters etc trying to find their relatives. As I said why are governing bodies allowed to get away with it.
Many things make me very angry but I truly, yes truly believe that the organisers of these crimes, no matter what country should be hung. Sometimes I do hope that there is a God.

Graham

Hmm yes, perhaps the one who sat back and watched it all happen?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Hmm yes, perhaps the one who sat back and watched it all happen?
Yes. I will not hold my breath.

Graham.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.