Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky TV/ Satellite changes

Sky TV/ Satellite changes

Old Dec 4th 2012, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sky TV/ Satellite changes

Does anyone know, if there is any possibility of either resetting a satellite again to get these channels or a method of retuning?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 8:59 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ricardoylucia
Does anyone know, if there is any possibility of either resetting a satellite again to get these channels or a method of retuning?
If you have lost reception of the channels mentioned on the frequencies, then all you can do is get a bigger dish, as your dish is simply too small to receive these channels now they havce moved to the new satellite.

C4HD, 4seven, and "the fives" are only on their one frequency which is their frequency that has moved.

If you wnt to watch five then, asssuming your dish is big enough, and you have a HD box and a sky card, then you will get Five HD.

If you want to watch ITV1, then you can try and see ifyou can receive some of the other frequencies that carry ITV1 :
10758 V
10832 H
10891 H
10906 V
(all 22 5/6)

Last edited by The Guy; Dec 4th 2012 at 9:10 am.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough

Our dish is already a 1.3 mtre...for where we are in the south of Jaen province , what size would you recommend?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:26 am

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Simply answer is no idea - but from from initial reception reports reports perhaps 1.8m or 2.4m.

But then we have no idea of what channels will be moved onto the second and third new satellites (2e is scheudle for launch q1 2013, and 2g is scheduled q1 2014), so we have no idea what reception of the channels will be like on those satellite, which could be completely different to todays reception.

It may be worth while holding off for a few months to see what future changes affect reception of the main BBC and ITV channels before you go and start buying bigger dishes. No point buying a bigger dish now, if it is unknown if it will receive the required channels in a few months time.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Humax Freesat HDR box and this morning Sky News is now available on channel 202, whereas before I had to go into the main menu and change to non-freesat mode to get this station.
A welcome addition and I wonder if it has anything to do with the changes or it's just coincidence?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:39 am

pick and challenge has also been added to the freesat epg so you no longer have to go into nonfreesat mode for these.
nothing to do with the satellite moves.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Guy
pick and challenge has also been added to the freesat epg so you no longer have to go into nonfreesat mode for these.
nothing to do with the satellite moves.
Thanks for that. I'm in the Teulada/Moraira area of the CB and so far have noticed no losses of channels via my 2.4 dish. So if the the changes are now complete, then I'm relieved. If they haven't then I'm being tad premature!
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:15 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It may be worth while holding off for a few months to see what future changes affect reception of the main BBC and ITV channels before you go and start buying bigger dishes. No point buying a bigger dish now, if it is unknown if it will receive the required channels in a few months time.
That makes sense.

On a slightly different subject, I see that a number of companies are offering FTA channels via ADSL with a small box you plug into the TV/phone line. Teletec, Europa and Direct Telecom being some examples.

Are these worth considering and are they any good? I get the impression they are just trying to get you to change over your ADSL to them.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James
That makes sense.

On a slightly different subject, I see that a number of companies are offering FTA channels via ADSL with a small box you plug into the TV/phone line. Teletec, Europa and Direct Telecom being some examples.

Are these worth considering and are they any good? I get the impression they are just trying to get you to change over your ADSL to them.
Hi Fred, I'm pretty sure that in the case of Telitec, they advertise a TV box and state that they you can subscribe to this service even if you don't have your internet service via them. Perhaps someone can confirm this?
Even so, of course for some (most?) people an upgrade of internet speed would be a necessity to get a reliable TV service via this method.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Biffta
Hi Fred, I'm pretty sure that in the case of Telitec, they advertise a TV box and state that they you can subscribe to this service even if you don't have your internet service via them. Perhaps someone can confirm this?
Even so, of course for some (most?) people an upgrade of internet speed would be a necessity to get a reliable TV service via this method.
It's probably the same as Europa, where you pay them and they pay the line rental to Telefonica.
If you phone them they can probably tell you if your line is upgradable.

John
Old Dec 4th 2012, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

We have lost Channel 5 here in Cadiz area but can get Channel 5HD. Don´t seem to have lost anything else though.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
We have lost Channel 5 here in Cadiz area but can get Channel 5HD. Don´t seem to have lost anything else though.
Still got Channel 4 HD?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derek500
Still got Channel 4 HD?
Nope, that´s gone too.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

20km inland from Alicante, 2.4m dish, no loss of channels or picture quality.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sky TV/ Satellite changes

Are you sure?
People in "affected" areas that i have been in contact with are only reporting loss of 4seven, 4hd, one or two itv regions and "the fives", with other bbc itv and c4 channels still being received as before?

It looks like the following frequencies and channels are the only ones that have moved to 2f last night:
10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (CH5/5USA/5*/Channel 5+1),
10.994 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Granada HD/ITV 1 Central South West SD/ITV 1 Anglia West SD/ITV 1 Meridian North SD/ITV 1 Yorkshire East SD/ITV 1+1 Yorkshire SD),
11.052 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Central South SD/ITV 1 Central East SD/ITV 1+1 Wales SD/ITV 1+1 Westcountry SD/ITV 1+1 Tyne Tees SD)
11.126 V SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (Channel 4 HD/4Seven SD)
I have a 1.35x1.2 dish in Ayamonte with a middling quad LNB and all the listed channels have gone on the best turner I have on my Freesat HD TV. However I looked for 5 HD and could not find it listed on the EPG is it not a Freesat channel? Guy do you know what size dish with an Ultra Black LNB we will need down here in Ayamonte to get all our channels back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.