Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Running away from responsabilities....

Running away from responsabilities....

Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running away from responsabilities....

ooooooooh are you all suggesting its me who wants to run away?

hang on rugbymatt you have my attention (and i am not admiting to anything here)... they wouldnt try to find moi? you are tempting me now!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
no, its down to you if they catch up with you, you can put things in place to stop that.

As for credit rating abroad, well for sure In Spain, the Data protection act in the UK stops data sharing between credit ref agencies in each country, so as it satnds at this point right now you would just start again with no credit, secondly its much easier to obtain unsecured credit in Spain than in the UK./

You could open a account now for instance without even living there and you would be offered a debit and credit card. .

But you could live in Spain and do that in the Uk aswell, just unlikely to be offered credit as quick. I think they pay there way over there, the eductaion is obvisouly better than here.
They would probably only offer you a debit card, not a credit card. Unsecured credit is NOT easy to obtain here, believe me!
Tim
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:29 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by featherbum
ooooooooh are you all suggesting its me who wants to run away?

hang on rugbymatt you have my attention (and i am not admiting to anything here)... they wouldnt try to find moi? you are tempting me now!
IF, and I understand its a BIG IF, it was you, or any other Spanish person for that matter, what are the honest chances of them chasing you?

I know a couple of Polish guys who have knocked a bank over here, if the companies are stupid enough to lend to BLOODY foreigners then bugger them, they are big enough and rich enough to absorb the "knock"
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

what can bailiffs do ??? I was scared of Bailiffs once on my very first meeting, never no more and once you have one CCJ you might aswell have 10 or 100, makes little difference,

anyway to the point - Credit card companies dont take you to court, its generally only Loan companies and unpaid overdrafts that will so mostly just your bank,

Like I say its hard now in 2008 to just start again, The terrorists have caused so much data sharing that was probably coming anyway, its close to impossible but not totally. Even 2 years ago it was so easy to just start again, the other problem now which does not help is the ID Fraud is so upscale.

there are ways round everything, myself 200 6WC I had to chuck in the towel, so for me no bank no cards £130k debt and start again by the use of my partner and my dad's account to run out of, but now just under 2 years I back with Natwest and have a credit card again with no real problem in this credit crunch, Never went bankrupt or anything like that, its no problem, but I could have worried and worried, got depressed waited 6 years longer like others, not my scene
Missed this - it depends if you "own" anything I suppose?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I was thinking of a new Lappy for my Mum - and was hoping for a deal - worried it'd just be an empty box now????
ha ha ha, I hate the banks and institution, but people - persons - get my time and respect, I would never do that, lol
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
IF, and I understand its a BIG IF, it was you, or any other Spanish person for that matter, what are the honest chances of them chasing you?

I know a couple of Polish guys who have knocked a bank over here, if the companies are stupid enough to lend to BLOODY foreigners then bugger them, they are big enough and rich enough to absorb the "knock"
It's your duty as a fine upstanding piller - Oh yeah, keep stum.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Missed this - it depends if you "own" anything I suppose?
yes that is true, makes a big difference but only home wise really. Still Unsecured debts dont make a difference though
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I dont know how the system works over there Matt, but Ive thought of this how can it be stopped.

You come over open a bank account, you go back home Poland maybe if your Polska, then change your name, get another passport, goto a diff costa and open another account and so on and so on, the more the merrier,

bigtime fraud but I presume the law is lax and its easy, even easier with false passports maybe. In time it will be more difficult but Right now, I dont see it that difficult to do, but I dont know the system there, maybe they have things in place but mixing 2 backward countries together lays open for all that
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know how the system works over there Matt, but Ive thought of this how can it be stopped.

You come over open a bank account, you go back home Poland maybe if your Polska, then change your name, get another passport, goto a diff costa and open another account and so on and so on, the more the merrier,

bigtime fraud but I presume the law is lax and its easy, even easier with false passports maybe. In time it will be more difficult but Right now, I dont see it that difficult to do, but I dont know the system there, maybe they have things in place but mixing 2 backward countries together lays open for all that
Over where?

In Sussex?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Andy, opening a bank account is easy. They make it easy so that you can deposit money. They will not give you credit unless it is secured against a property.
Tim
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Andy, opening a bank account is easy. They make it easy so that you can deposit money. They will not give you credit unless it is secured against a property.
Tim
Matt - hiding in here - have you seen the Jan & Ellie, mother/daughter combo??
You take the Mum - I'll babysit - ????
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Tim
Who wont Tim ?? , I have a Sol bank account and a credit card and debit card to pick up when I fly over to collect

So has Carol and Tony from this Forum,
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:47 am
Straw Man.

Matt - hiding in here - have you seen the Jan & Ellie, mother/daughter combo??
You take the Mum - I'll babysit - ????
I know, I wanted to ask about the daughter but I think it may be too early.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Who wont Tim ?? , I have a Sol bank account and a credit card and debit card to pick up when I fly over to collect

So has Carol and Tony from this Forum,
It is likely to be a charge card, as in repaid at the end of the month, unless they can see a regular income to the account.
I am happy to be corrected, when you have the card!
Tim
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I know, I wanted to ask about the daughter but I think it may be too early.
Hey, you've done the gay Guy, get in there!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.