Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:03 am
  #91  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Fredbargate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Land of no recession
Posts: 10,720
Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
If it makes you any happier I'll move to Gibraltar xx
I hope not with your attitude
Fredbargate is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:03 am
  #92  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 990
Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
If it makes you any happier I'll move to Gibraltar xx
Wherever you go, your attitude will still be a problem.

Bob 22, I see your point, but Spain is not going to change its rules!
If people want to take the risk, so be it, but if they happen to be the random example subjected to questions about their situation, then they'll just have to deal with it.After all it's not the tax man's job to prove how long they 've been in Spain- it's the offender!
Shame they stopped stamping passports!
Neptuno is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:04 am
  #93  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: Alicante
Posts: 327
Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

I wouldn't mind this argument against me if I was in Spain hoping for pay outs and want medical etc basically being a scav.

I have never taken a penny from Spain and I'm constantly spending money here that's going into there economy.

Surely to god they would probably prefer more like me who don't even want to be a resident because if things go tits up for Brit residents in Spain they can somehow start pestering the Spanish state for things, well I wouldn't be able to I would just have to leave and go back to the uk.

Maybe they don't go out looking for people who don't claim residency because they probably don't want us to claim it ideally.
Albir_Tom is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:04 am
  #94  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 990
Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I hope not with your attitude
SNAP!
Neptuno is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:06 am
  #95  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: Alicante
Posts: 327
Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I hope not with your attitude
Fancy a pint ?
Albir_Tom is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:07 am
  #96  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: Alicante
Posts: 327
Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

� ����� ����� ���� oh dear lord. My attitude now. Feel like in being told off at school.
Albir_Tom is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:07 am
  #97  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 990
Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
I wouldn't mind this argument against me if I was in Spain hoping for pay outs and want medical etc basically being a scav.

I have never taken a penny from Spain and I'm constantly spending money here that's going into there economy.

Surely to god they would probably prefer more like me who don't even want to be a resident because if things go tits up for Brit residents in Spain they can somehow start pestering the Spanish state for things, well I wouldn't be able to I would just have to leave and go back to the uk.

Maybe they don't go out looking for people who don't claim residency because they probably don't want us to claim it ideally.
Your arguments are getting weaker- give up now!
Neptuno is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:09 am
  #98  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 323
Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Well maybe I will just holiday for my 5 months down Ayamonte way and no one can prove how long or short a holiday I have been on!!!!
Dondurma is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:11 am
  #99  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: Alicante
Posts: 327
Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by cliff b
Just out of interest why dont you declare your income in Spain instead of the UK?

Would you be worse off?

Not bothered either way, none of my business, am just being nosy :-)
Because I have on going business in the uk and I'm just not ready to commit my life to español just yet.

I'd have no qualms doing it in later life.
Albir_Tom is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:12 am
  #100  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 990
Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

"I have never taken a penny from Spain and I'm constantly spending money here that's going into there economy."
So say all of us, plus our income tax!
Neptuno is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:13 am
  #101  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 990
Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
Because I have on going business in the uk and I'm just not ready to commit my life to español just yet.

I'd have no qualms doing it in later life.
But you're living here! How much more commitment do you need!!!
Neptuno is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:13 am
  #102  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: Alicante
Posts: 327
Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Neptuno
Your arguments are getting weaker- give up now!
No it ain't at all.

You don't like the truth.

Probably more british people in Spain who are none resident than resident.

It's just because you want to feel as Spanish as possible isn't it really lol

My moms husband is 100% Spanish even he don't say anything about it why would he care ?

And he knows me and you don't.

I find it highly sad that you get more irate and angry about the subject than Spanish people and authorities.
Albir_Tom is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:15 am
  #103  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,681
bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Yes Porth I realise it is not a simple matter legally and also that reality is the centre of economic interests is really for wealthier people than me who are trying to avoid paying tax anywhere or where their own self interest is best served. Ultimately it would come down to both tax authorities to decide.
I also think that the thread is now going nowhere, cheers
bobd22 is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:20 am
  #104  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 990
Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
No it ain't at all.

You don't like the truth.

Probably more british people in Spain who are none resident than resident.

It's just because you want to feel as Spanish as possible isn't it really lol

My moms husband is 100% Spanish even he don't say anything about it why would he care ?

And he knows me and you don't.

I find it highly sad that you get more irate and angry about the subject than Spanish people and authorities.
I doubt that there are more people non resident than resident, even if only because
Most are of state pension age, and need residency to get free health care and other perks!
Neptuno is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:30 am
  #105  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RESIDENCY IN SPAIN

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
No it ain't at all.

You don't like the truth.

Probably more british people in Spain who are none resident than resident.

It's just because you want to feel as Spanish as possible isn't it really lol

My moms husband is 100% Spanish even he don't say anything about it why would he care ?

And he knows me and you don't.

I find it highly sad that you get more irate and angry about the subject than Spanish people and authorities.
If you were resident in Spain but not paying taxes in Spain as a Spanish resident, then you would be committing tax fraud

That's every bit on the same level as being a "scav" as you put it
cricketman is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.