Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Remember it was all starting to happen for us....

Remember it was all starting to happen for us....

Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:09 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remember it was all starting to happen for us....

Sorry to hear your news,like everyone says read your post,we are all thinking of you,and keeping our fingers crossed for Monday.I hope there is good news for you,hey chin up,this could be the last hurdle to your new life.Try and not get to down,you know what the Spanish are like ,there,s slow and then stop.
I look forward to see your post on Monday,hope its good for you,cheers
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Lionda,
Have only just read this thread, and feel desperate for you having to go through all these emotions.
Talk about a rollercoaster ride, eh?

As several people have said, maybe this situation will actually do you a favour.
It is a horrible thing to happen on a Friday, and it's rotten when you feel so "out of control" about an important situation like this, but.........

Enjoy that big bottle of wine
Have a hug with hubby
Resign yourselves to the fact there's nothing you can do about it until the early part of next week
Enjoy the UK sunshine, cos it's raining and cold in many parts of Spain!
If need be, you'll be able to buy some "comfort food" on a Sunday in the UK (which you generally can't do in Spain!)
Take a deep breath, and think "tranquilla!"

Our latest saying is "how long is a Spanish piece of string!?" because you'll find you need to develop even more patience once you get here

Try not to think about the breach of contract situation just yet, because that's not until the end of April, is it?
It's still only 2nd/3rd of the month on Mon/Tues, so there is still time for this all to be sorted out.
This is a hiccup; but if it's meant to be, then it will all come good in time.

You can look forward to that extra special birthday celebration when you get here, too

If all else fails, maybe you should have your cards read again!!??

Sending you hugs, and hoping to hear some positive news next week.
Wishing you all the very best,
Sam xx

PS I'm so glad you weren't cross with me about your avatar!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:24 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Lionda,

Just read your post.

Listen, I think that the bank is actually looking out for your interests here and putting the pressure on the builder. As a matter of fact I think it's a good thing. They are not going to release any papers or funds unless they know everything is on the up and up, mostly for their own protection.....but it ends up being beneficial to you as well.

I know it's difficult to do, but try to relax this weekend and see what happens on Monday. It's not the end of the world.....and to be honest, I really do think that the builder might get his finger out and actually do something to hurry things along.

Sending loads of {{{hugggzzzz}}} and happy thoughts your way.

Martha
Martha is right Lionda , Dont Panic !!!

You wont need to reapply or anything , sounds like they are making sure they and you !! dont get caught out so relax and take it easy
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:09 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hey Lionda, I hope there are no negative waves coming from your house this weekend, only positive thoughts are allowed, It will be OK just keep on in there girl.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Oh what a kick in the teeth for you! You must feel like the whole thing is against you. My sympathies.

I agree with all above. Both sides want the money. Talk to Developer. Bank is looking after you, just not how you want it. Doesnt stop you getting really frustrated with it all.

mrs teapot xxxxx
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:13 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Martha and Big Pete, just take a deep breath and go with the flow.
When the builders think they are not getting your money from the bank, and if not, getting sued for a breach of contract, they will soon get their arse in gear.
They use their monies sort of like rob Peter to pay Paul, they need your money to finish yours, Mr Smiths and start Mr Jones`s house, if they run short of cash flow things slow a bit but soon catch up, as yours is close to finish you must be on a winner.
At least you will know that everything is ok then.

The Banks have tightened up on releasing money without the correct paperwork since the Malaya case in Marbella, hundreds have illegal houses they can`t sell and some still paying mortgages on them.

Keep your chin up, a lot can happen in a month

Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:52 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

You lot really do cheer me up. I went to bed feeling quite sad about the whole thing and today I see more positive comments You have all pointed out the positive side to this where I was only seeing the negative. Thank you so much I'm going to try not to think about it today and see what next week brings.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:05 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
You lot really do cheer me up. I went to bed feeling quite sad about the whole thing and today I see more positive comments You have all pointed out the positive side to this where I was only seeing the negative. Thank you so much I'm going to try not to think about it today and see what next week brings.
This coming week will bring you good news, I'm sure Lionda!

Write a few of your most desired wishes on a piece of paper, fold it up.....light a candle and place it underneath.....leave the candle to burn all the way down.....be careful not to burn the house down in the process.

It may not be very scientific, but it can't hurt
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:12 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM

Write a few of your most desired wishes on a piece of paper, fold it up.....light a candle and place it underneath.....leave the candle to burn all the way down.....be careful not to burn the house down in the process.

I will do that Martha - I'll try anything Thanks again for cheering me up and thinking of me I'm supposed to be clearing our the conservatory but keep peeking in on here
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM

You could also do that to save on your leccy bill, lol
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:41 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You could also do that to save on your leccy bill, lol
*lmbo*...soooooooooooooooooooooooo right you are!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by MnM

Martha - HOW DO YOU DO IT!!! I did the thing with the candle as you suggested and IT WORKED This afternoon I first got a phone call from our mortgage broker to say he had the certificate from the bank and was faxing it through to our agents. Then a call from our agents to say they have spoken to our solicitor and to the builders and WE CAN MOVE IN!!! Of course with Easter we have to be patient but we can start to make arrangements now for our move.

Thank you Martha, I'm sure you sent me luck!

I'm trying to remain calm this time as getting excited before seemed to break the spell and I don't want to do that

I think I will open a bottle of Retsina this evening in celebration - my first glass will be a toast to you Martha for sending the charm
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Nice one, I wonder if it worked on her leccy bill as well ;-)
Old Apr 4th 2007, 4:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Martha - HOW DO YOU DO IT!!! I did the thing with the candle as you suggested and IT WORKED This afternoon I first got a phone call from our mortgage broker to say he had the certificate from the bank and was faxing it through to our agents. Then a call from our agents to say they have spoken to our solicitor and to the builders and WE CAN MOVE IN!!! Of course with Easter we have to be patient but we can start to make arrangements now for our move.

I'm trying to remain calm this time as getting excited before seemed to break the spell and I don't want to do that

I think I will open a bottle of Retsina this evening in celebration - my first glass will be a toast to you Martha for sending the charm
Fantastic news.

Rosemary
Old Apr 4th 2007, 4:02 pm
MnM

That is great news Lionda!

Sending many many happy {{{hugz}}} from the heart!!!!

I am so happy for you!

I did nothing.....just kept sending good thoughts and wishing you luck is all.

Martha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.