Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Remember it was all starting to happen for us....

Remember it was all starting to happen for us....

Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remember it was all starting to happen for us....

(((((((Big hugs)))))), but feel you will be fine, if the builder is reasonable he will get on with it. The worst part is the waiting game, especially until Monday, so get busy, go swimming/gym/spa and try not to think about it - I know not easy, but you can't do anything till Monday, so go and do some fun thing and keep your mind occupied. No more comfort food as you will be feeling bloated and lousy on top.......okay go and get yourself some chocolate....
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Not got a clue what you're talking about, but it seems to have made you all sad and stuff - so I think the bank and builders must have been naughty.
Hope it all turns out smiles for you.
Hugz
LB
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:22 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Not got a clue what you're talking about, but it seems to have made you all sad and stuff - so I think the bank and builders must have been naughty.
Hope it all turns out smiles for you.
Hugz
LB
Thanks LB We will get through this - with a little help from my pals on here who keep picking me up when I am down. Couldn't get through this without sharing - and a kick up the backside from a few on here
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:34 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Got an e-mail from our mortgage broker. The bank were going to give him a certificate for the builders saying they were giving us a mortgage so they would release the keys to us. The certificate should have been ready last Wednesday but the bank didn't have it ready, they said to go back Friday (yesterday). He went back and now the bank have said they will have the certificate ready on Monday BUT they will add a clause saying that the property MUST be ready (escrituras applied for) by the end of May. This can only mean they will withdraw their offer of a mortgage and we will have to re-apply The builders are applying for the escrituras a few properties at a time. I feel sick
Hi Lionda,

Just read your post.

Listen, I think that the bank is actually looking out for your interests here and putting the pressure on the builder. As a matter of fact I think it's a good thing. They are not going to release any papers or funds unless they know everything is on the up and up, mostly for their own protection.....but it ends up being beneficial to you as well.

I know it's difficult to do, but try to relax this weekend and see what happens on Monday. It's not the end of the world.....and to be honest, I really do think that the builder might get his finger out and actually do something to hurry things along.

Sending loads of {{{hugggzzzz}}} and happy thoughts your way.

Martha
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:39 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Lionda,

Just read your post.

Listen, I think that the bank is actually looking out for your interests here and putting the pressure on the builder. As a matter of fact I think it's a good thing. They are not going to release any papers or funds unless they know everything is on the up and up, mostly for their own protection.....but it ends up being beneficial to you as well.

I know it's difficult to do, but try to relax this weekend and see what happens on Monday. It's not the end of the world.....and to be honest, I really do think that the builder might get his finger out and actually do something to hurry things along.

Sending loads of {{{hugggzzzz}}} and happy thoughts your way.

Martha
Thanks Martha I only need to mention a kick up the backside and you appear Thanks for picking me up again I'll try to relax and concentrate on other things to take my mind off it over the weekend. Hope you are right about the bank - we should have some more news on Monday or Tuesday.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:48 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should pull out after all, they are in breach of contract after the end of April so we'll see what happens then. This has been a nightmare! They have a great way in Spain of lifting a persons spirits and then dropping you again from a great height!!
When we bought our house it was all to plan time wise, but they didn't have the escuitura sorted out when we came to take the keys therefore we couldn't get a mortgage. So the builder allowed us to take the villa over still owing him a lot of money because it was their fault the docs were not ready. We just had to sign a document saying that we would pay the balance when the paperwork came through. Just a thought.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:49 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

[QUOTE=MnM;4585863]Hi Lionda,

Just read your post.

Sounds about right,bank looking after there money,and clients interests.Proablly doing you a favour.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:50 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Martha I only need to mention a kick up the backside and you appear Thanks for picking me up again I'll try to relax and concentrate on other things to take my mind off it over the weekend. Hope you are right about the bank - we should have some more news on Monday or Tuesday.
The bank doesn't want to lose a customer and the builder doesn't want to lose a sale!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, my advice is.......plan a nice romantic evening with hubby tonight and get all the frustration out
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
When we bought our house it was all to plan time wise, but they didn't have the escuitura sorted out when we came to take the keys therefore we couldn't get a mortgage. So the builder allowed us to take the villa over still owing him a lot of money because it was their fault the docs were not ready. We just had to sign a document saying that we would pay the balance when the paperwork came through. Just a thought.
This is what we are hoping for.

We were hoping to be over there for the 20th April, our eldest daughters 30th birthday, but had to phone her today to tell her we can't be there We'll just have to have a late celebration with her when we finally get over - and boy will it be some celebration
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks LB We will get through this - with a little help from my pals on here who keep picking me up when I am down. Couldn't get through this without sharing - and a kick up the backside from a few on here
we were buying a resale, so no problems like that, but far better your bank ensure that the paperwork is correct BEFORE paying out than find out it's illegal after you ahve moved in, with all the problems that brings.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lionda...
Grrrrrrrrrrr.....it makes you so angry...just remember all your own good advice, take a deep breath and relax...karma in the ether..
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:02 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by MnM
The bank doesn't want to lose a customer and the builder doesn't want to lose a sale!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, my advice is.......plan a nice romantic evening with hubby tonight and get all the frustration out

Already opened a bottle of wine we are determined not to let this get us down.

Thanks to all my friends on here for cheering me up. I feel better already
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:03 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by mikelincs
we were buying a resale, so no problems like that, but far better your bank ensure that the paperwork is correct BEFORE paying out than find out it's illegal after you ahve moved in, with all the problems that brings.

Thanks Mike, I know you are right
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:05 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Hi Lionda...
Grrrrrrrrrrr.....it makes you so angry...just remember all your own good advice, take a deep breath and relax...karma in the ether..

Thanks BB - I'm always ready to give advice but fall to pieces when I have a problem
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Hi Lionda,

I don't think we've met (so to speak). I have been checking out threads but in an odd place, hardly daring to breath almost, in case my buyer pulls out at the last minute, and I will be thrown back into having to go back on the market, which will put all my plans back months. I'm so nearly there, that I can only guess how disappointing it would be to have yet another setback. So I really feel for your frustration, and hope everything will be sorted out soon.

Regards, Brenda.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.