Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pros, Cons, Crime

Pros, Cons, Crime

Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pros, Cons, Crime

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Did you live in a inner city dump? Are you aware that the wildlife in the park at Benalmádena has been killed several times and they have had to repopulate it?
Well I can`t find any reports about animals being shot, also there are signs on the gates saying please do not leave your animals here.

I think the gates are pukka and the park is one of the best i have ever seen.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:21 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SaritaBarcelona
it isn't like comparing say Spain and Switzerland...

And just to get something off my chest, why do some people on this forum have to see everything in black or white...?!
I love England as I mentioned earlier and I am proud to be English. My own fault I guess but that's how I am. I have never been to Switzerland but no doubt it is rife with scallywags and hoodwinkers.
I hope I can give a good image of English people off to people of other nations when I meet them to prove we are nice.
As for seeing things in black and white. From where I hailed, all the grey areas soon turned to black and white unfortunately. That's why I hold a dim view of modern day Britain. Especially the mobs that hang around town centers and parks spitting obsceneties at my gran while she rides her bmx home. All I can say is that I have been fortunate enough to have lived in both countries without major incident in either. I feel much safer here.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Indeed! Bit like you saying nobody steals in Spain and everything thing in UK walks. You´re another of these that has intimate knowledge of the whole of UK. You´ve presumibly travelled all over England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. Personally I have only been the victim of crime twice, and I´ll give you a clue where it was, it wasn´t in UK.
FFS go away, will you ever give up slagging off Spain ?
I think we get the message you don`t like Spain or anything to do with it.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Any takers on the "Guess the Newbie" competition?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:36 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Believe me, if you think you can elect yourself as a spokesman for the whole of the UK, you are truely ignorant.
Who said anything about speaking for the whole of the U.K.?
I speak for me and me alone, if others think my opinion is valid, funny or worth adding to then they are welcome to share my opinion and that's cool. Hey, I don't agree with everyone.
I'm sorry to have made you angry. Truly Ignorant people must be easily offended.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:39 pm
HOODIE

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Any takers on the "Guess the Newbie" competition?
I AM I AM..!!

We are allowed to bicker on here right?
Until I'm proved right yeah?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Let's just calm down calm down (said in fake Liverpudlian accent)... That's why I said about everything black and white, badly expressed but I basically wanted to say that people take offence so quickly, after all this is a forum not a personal slanging match!!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:52 pm
HOODIE

What was the original question?

I also like the fact they sell beer in MacDonalds and Burger King. (I put both down so I wasn't preffering one from the other).
This seems to bring down crime levels over here. The amount of times I've seen fast food staff attacked for not supplying beer in the U.K. Whew..
Absoloute madness..
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:55 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

And why do the moderators allow some to be so rude and ban others

I assure you the park was vandalised, some of the birds were found hanging in the shrubs. I actually read it. Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Sometimes I look for something in diariosur a few weeks old and can't find it. Maybe before your time anyway! I agree the park is lovely now.

As for plantpots remaining undisturbed, perhaps on this forum but I have read on other forums they can't leave anything outside, even a gas bottle. Suppose it depends where you live in both countries, there are good and bad areas in both. Jesus, talking about kids with knives, one was stabbed to death last week on Los Boliches and the locals said they have had trouble with youths with knives before. Doesn't anyone read the spanish papers anymore
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:19 pm
HOODIE

Originally Posted by jackytoo
And why do the moderators allow some to be so rude and ban others
I hope you aren't suggesting I get banned..?? How cruel..
I hope you don't want anyone banned for showing a difference of opinion.
I hope I have interpreted that wrong.

As for birds killed, I'll believe it when I see it.. Not saying it didn't happen but I have seen no proof that it did. My plant pots remain untouched outside my house, the wheels are still on my car (unlike where I used to live), I have no dead animals in the local park and I can walk past a bunch of teenagers who may ask for a ciggy, I will say no fumar, they will look at the floor and walk off. I have been attacked by youths with hammers and bricks in other countries for saying no before. Not here though.

Plus the police look much cooler here with their guns and stuff. They're friendly too. Spain rocks.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

A Moroccan youth has been arrested for that stabbing. Better say no more on this subject, dangerous ground... Let's just agree that there are some pretty horrible people everywhere, except for Switzerland of course...
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
You would not be able to put that park in a similar spot in the U.k. It would be destroyed day after day after day.. ANYWHERE IN ENGLAND...!!! No matter how many pretty rabbits you had in there.
That's a fact..
I really, really have to wonder where some of you come from in the UK that you have such negative opinions about the country. I lived off High Street Kensington for years and also in Richmond, Surrey and never saw anything close to what you are talking about.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 4:47 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed! Bit like you saying nobody steals in Spain and everything thing in UK walks. You´re another of these that has intimate knowledge of the whole of UK. You´ve presumibly travelled all over England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. Personally I have only been the victim of crime twice, and I´ll give you a clue where it was, it wasn´t in UK.
I can generalise too

I have only been a victim of crime twice - in the UK, never in Spain.

however my OH has had his pocket picked in Spain.

nowhere is perfect.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 5:00 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
I hope you aren't suggesting I get banned..?? How cruel..
I hope you don't want anyone banned for showing a difference of opinion.
I hope I have interpreted that wrong.
I hope, I hope, it's off to work we go.........
There is good and bad in all countries. The only crime I see here are cases for the fashion police but there are other areas I keep well away from. All in all though I'd say crimes of violence are less here than in the UK and in general IMO I'd say the youths in Spain are far more respectful than those in the UK.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:53 am
HOODIE

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
I really, really have to wonder where some of you come from in the UK that you have such negative opinions about the country. I lived off High Street Kensington for years and also in Richmond, Surrey and never saw anything close to what you are talking about.
It's not the areas that give me negative views of the country. It's the naughty people that live in them and the fact that the police can't do much about them being naughty and the governments are practically giving them a license to be bad. With merit and support systems attached.
I actually come from a rather nice place that is a quiet village. It used to be really nice and has gradually slipped downhill thanks to local councils closing every amenity down and making way for awful council flats for dole dossers.
(I have nothing against council properties or people that live in them. But I don't agree that people should be given a free house when they aren't prepared to find jobs, and wish to corrode away all day thinking of who they can mug to get their next supply of hash and super cider).
Should I believe that those three places you mentioned are quite posh???
Spain good, England not so good.. Only my reconing.

Last edited by Lushdaddy; Mar 2nd 2010 at 7:07 am. Reason: needed more detail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.