Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pros, Cons, Crime

Pros, Cons, Crime

Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:10 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pros, Cons, Crime

While out shopping a couple of hours ago we bumped into a couple we hadn’t seen for ten years, but got to know when we both went after the same house all that time ago. They bought the house after we got into a dispute with the seller over the amount to be of black money to be paid. We bought another house where the black money was slightly less than they paid.

The houses are only a couple of miles apart and we discussed how much we both love our area and the Spanish experience in general. Naturally, being Brits, we also discussed the bad winter here and the local politics (Our mayor is a respected millionaire).

Somehow we got on to local crime. The wife asked my wife who was sitting next to her to feel a bump on her head, from where she was mugged recently. I knew what would happen next and my wife bent forward for her bump to be felt.

We were sipping coffee in the sun and both the wives had bumps on the head from coming into contact with local crime. Would any of us leave to return to the UK?

Absolutely no way, we’re made of sterner stuff and those things only happened a couple of times in ten years. It could have been worse in London and Brighton, where we hail from.