Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pros, Cons, Crime

Pros, Cons, Crime

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pros, Cons, Crime

Originally Posted by jdr
I think we get the message you don`t like Spain or anything to do with it.
I like lots of it (not where you live admittedly) otherwise I wouldn't have been visiting for probably more years than you have been in Spain. But unlike you I don't try and defend the indefensible, saying everything is safe as house in Spain, and everything that isn't nailed down in UK is stolen. It's absolute nonsense, with you there is no in between, Spain great, UK bad. And of course it's fine for you to slag of UK, but you take umbrage if it's the other way around.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 4:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I like lots of it (not where you live admittedly) otherwise I wouldn't have been visiting for probably more years than you have been in Spain. But unlike you I don't try and defend the indefensible, saying everything is safe as house in Spain, and everything that isn't nailed down in UK is stolen. It's absolute nonsense, with you there is no in between, Spain great, UK bad. And of course it's fine for you to slag of UK, but you take umbrage if it's the other way around.
Seems like you are having trouble reading the posters names again, show me a post of mine where I have slagged off the UK.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:27 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cricketman
Not in Oviedo there isnt. It consistently wins the cleanest city in Europe award

There are some very depressed towns and villages in Asturias where there are no jobs for young people because they are in the middle of nowhere and the mining industry has died. So those young people that stay are often alcoholics or even heroin addicts.

Dont forget everyone that botellon (drinking in large groups on the street) is a national pastime for young people in Spain. I'm not sure what is has to do with crime, let them have their fun I say.

There wasnt any bottelon 10-15 years ago becuase it was much easier for young people to get served in the bars and alcohol in the bars was cheaper than now.
Took kids to Oviedo last August and the park area we went to was vandalised and the see-saw, seats and swings were all covered in graffiti. I kid you not! It was quite shocking as the old town is absolutely beautiful.

But true, it is one of the best and cleaniest cities in Europe..but it does have some tatty parts.

The drinking in the bottelon is fine with me..teenagers have to go somewhere with their mates. At least they are given a bit of town where you know where they are !!

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
Took kids to Oviedo last August and the park area we went to was vandalised and the see-saw, seats and swings were all covered in graffiti. I kid you not! It was quite shocking as the old town is absolutely beautiful.

But true, it is one of the best and cleaniest cities in Europe..but it does have some tatty parts.

The drinking in the bottelon is fine with me..teenagers have to go somewhere with their mates. At least they are given a bit of town where you know where they are !!

They must hide that park from the award judges
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Seems like you are having trouble reading the posters names again, show me a post of mine where I have slagged off the UK.
There's one in this thread. Perhaps I read it wrong though, and you didn't mean that they would be stolen in UK, that nothing is safe.
How long would gates to a park like this last in the UK ?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

I mentioned, with a slightly jokey tone that perhaps doesn't translate into typed text, that the plants dotted around Malaga over Christmas would probably be nicked in England (and given as Christmas presents perhaps!). I now realise that there are people on here who are just longing to jump in and spot a weakness in somebody's argument so in future I will make sure I put in the disclaimer first. We are all adults, everybody makes generalisations from time to time, it doesn't have to be taken too seriously!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
There's one in this thread. Perhaps I read it wrong though, and you didn't mean that they would be stolen in UK, that nothing is safe.
Did I use the word stolen ?
That is your trouble, you don`t read the the text you just read what you think is in your head.
I actually meant how long before the glass would be broken.
Hardly slagging off the UK, I would never do that, I might need to move back if you ever move to Spain.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:29 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There was another drive by shooting in Marbella last week. They were foreigners so I suppose it doesn't count

6000 euro confiscated from a drug arrest has gone missing from a locked cupboard in a Málaga police Station. Someone posted that that's nothing 100 tons of cocaina disappeared from their Police Station and they never arrested anyone.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
There was another drive by shooting in Marbella last week. They were foreigners so I suppose it doesn't count

6000 euro confiscated from a drug arrest has gone missing from a locked cupboard in a Málaga police Station. Someone posted that that's nothing 100 tons of cocaina disappeared from their Police Station and they never arrested anyone.
A hundred tons!!!!!! Thats five artic loads
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it was 10 then, put it down to journalistic licence
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:55 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

6000 euro.? That's half my salary..
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:11 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

10 tons is nothing to be sniffed at!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:25 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Do you have any idea of how much was actually taken?
10 tons is a hell of a lot. A columbian drug lord would be quite happy with that amount of cocaine being produced in a year.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:36 pm
Banned

Just checked it is 100 kilos...third time lucky Still an awful lot must be some rich policemen!

Loved the pun Madridboy
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:43 pm
HOODIE

Just checked it is 100 kilos...third time lucky Still an awful lot must be some rich policemen!

Loved the pun Madridboy
I've just read that one.. There must be some rich talcum powder suppliers too if the thieves had to buy it to put in place..
Or the chemist they bought it from must've thought they had one hell of a big baby..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.