Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The price of beer

The price of beer

Old Nov 5th 2010, 10:26 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of beer

Originally Posted by HBG
I happen to agree, but the real idiots are those that drink the ‘real ale’. Can you imagine a 30ft pipe from a deep and filthy cellar where the silly little barrel has been exposed to the filth for 24 hours or more? It’s authentic all right, authentic shit.

It does have advantages if you’re constipated and are living alone.
Thats why I stick to cider...
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:09 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Thats why I stick to cider...
A wise choice.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:19 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Lager, the premium stuff, is nearly £4 a pint now on the moor and around here... not that I drink the shit, Lager drinkers are filthy creatures...
It's the Fosters drinkers that get on my wick.

The majority of them are mindless morons and chavs who make the Sun readers seem quite intelligent by comparison, in addition they are the worst for littering the countryside with lager cans and take-away garbage.

Time to open up the old gun cabinet and declare open season on them methinks.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:23 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
It's the Fosters drinkers that get on my wick.

The majority of them are mindless morons and chavs who make the Sun readers seem quite intelligent by comparison, in addition they are the worst for littering the countryside with lager cans and take-away garbage.

Time to open up the old gun cabinet and declare open season on them methinks.
Well, you can save yourself a 24-hour flight to the other side of the world. they won't want you there.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:40 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I happen to agree, but the real idiots are those that drink the ‘real ale’. Can you imagine a 30ft pipe from a deep and filthy cellar where the silly little barrel has been exposed to the filth for 24 hours or more? It’s authentic all right, authentic shit.

There are many who were brought up on the real stuff, that may not agree with you. It's everyone to their own taste and I don't think that all real ales should necessarily be classified as sh!t, just because they don't match your own requirements.
Cellars have been the traditional and best beer storage locations for hundreds of years for very good reasons.
I doubt any dust or muck that may be down there is much worse than the floor behind the counter of many Spanish bars and in any event it has no access to the contents of the barrel.
As long as the pipes are maintained properly there should be no great problem.
I've come across much more bad beer and lager in Spanish bars without cellars, than I've ever come across in traditional UK pubs.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:42 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

Oh and you know that larger is treated in EXACTLY the same way right?
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:44 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by HBG
Well, you can save yourself a 24-hour flight to the other side of the world. they won't want you there.

Well I have no great desire to honour them with my presence.
What most Aussies know about beer and lager you could write on the back of a postage stamp.
If it's ice cold and virtually tasteless they drink it, period.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:46 am
Straw Man.

Well I have no great desire to honour them with my presence.
What most Aussies know about beer and lager you could write on the back of a postage stamp.
If it's ice cold and virtually tasteless they drink it, period.
Have you actually ever tasted any Australian beers? If so which ones, and please don't just go and Google names, I mean really actually tasted any.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:48 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh and you know that larger is treated in EXACTLY the same way right?
It's not. It comes in a sealed keg. Christ. you should know that.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:49 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by HBG
It's not. It comes in a sealed keg. Christ. you should know that.
A sealed metal keg... yeah... so does real ale now... in a sealed metal keg, normally a nine pin, that is metal... and sealed...
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:54 am
On the road again.

Have you actually ever tasted any Australian beers? If so which ones, and please don't just go and Google names, I mean really actually tasted any.
Certainly none that were memorable and definitely none of the massed produced garbage that floods the World markets, most of which has little or no flavour, apart from a few that taste like something akin to month old washing-up water.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:55 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A sealed metal keg... yeah... so does real ale now... in a sealed metal keg, normally a nine pin, that is metal... and sealed...
Well, that's about as real as a deep-fried Mars bar or Spanish whiskey.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:56 am
Straw Man.

Certainly none that were memorable and definitely none of the massed produced garbage that floods the World markets, most of which has little or no flavour, apart from a few that taste like something akin to month old washing-up water.
So thats a no. You really should try broadening your palate, Coopers do a sparkling ale that is, in my humble opinion, a revelation, and I could easily name half a dozen nice beers from Australia and about the same from New Zealand.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:58 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by HBG
Well, that's about as real as a deep-fried Mars bar or Spanish whiskey.
Its not the container that makes it real ale, its the manufacturing process and ingredients... I thought you would know that.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:07 pm
On the road again.

So thats a no. You really should try broadening your palate, Coopers do a sparkling ale that is, in my humble opinion, a revelation, and I could easily name half a dozen nice beers from Australia and about the same from New Zealand.
It's not a no. It simply means that any I have tried have been instantly forgettable.
Not so sure about sparkling ale, doesn't sound quite right somehow and in any event I despise most over-gassed up beers and lagers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.