norton

Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: norton

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi

I have downloaded my new anti virus thank you for the information.

I have not touched norton yet as i dont know or understand what to do.

I will wait until Mr N gets home so he can do it lol

Thanks Again xx

Dont run the two together will you
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Dont run the two together will you
Read the LAB thread. ;-))
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Read the LAB thread. ;-))

Oh dear ........ I did say at 1.12 not to run them together. Any idea of the consequences? I was just told to make sure I never ran them together as it screwed up the directories
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear ........ I did say at 1.12 not to run them together. Any idea of the consequences? I was just told to make sure I never ran them together as it screwed up the directories
I dont think it causes major problems, they just confuse the PC and software, etc.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:19 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
I dont think it causes major problems, they just confuse the PC and software, etc.

I guess she should remove both, Norton first and then AVG, and then re install AVG
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

OOOoopppppps have not got a clue?

I have installed avg anti virus but also have norton for all my other bits what do you think i should do?

xxxx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:23 pm
Senior Moment

Hi

OOOoopppppps have not got a clue?

I have installed avg anti virus but also have norton for all my other bits what do you think i should do?

xxxx
as above. Remove Norton using the instructions you already received. Then remove AVG. Then reinstall AVG.

You're sure you installed AVG, not just downloaded it to your pc?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

as above. Remove Norton using the instructions you already received. Then remove AVG. Then reinstall AVG.

You're sure you installed AVG, not just downloaded it to your pc?
Im sure i have installed it as it is on my desktop and also in the right hand corner of my screen xxxx

It also when i switched on told me to update avg as it was out of date which i did. xxx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:34 pm
Senior Moment

Im sure i have installed it as it is on my desktop and also in the right hand corner of my screen xxxx

It also when i switched on told me to update avg as it was out of date which i did. xxx
ahhh ... yes you installed it then

Do as I said above.
Are you religious?
If so start praying.

(Only joking)
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ahhh ... yes you installed it then

Do as I said above.
Are you religious?
If so start praying.

(Only joking)

Do you think i have made a big problem for my laptop, thing is i dont understand the stuff about getting rid of norton lol.

Mr N wont go near it incase he gets in trouble with me lol xx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:39 pm
Senior Moment

Do you think i have made a big problem for my laptop, thing is i dont understand the stuff about getting rid of norton lol.

Mr N wont go near it incase he gets in trouble with me lol xx
I dont think so, thats why I'm saying to you that you must remove both. Whilst you have two running the files may get confused.

Remove Norton using the instructions you have
(Download the removal tool to run)

Then remove AVG

Then re install AVG
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont think so, thats why I'm saying to you that you must remove both. Whilst you have two running the files may get confused.

Remove Norton using the instructions you have
(Download the removal tool to run)

Then remove AVG

Then re install AVG

sorry to be a pain in the bum but do i remove all of my norton or just the antivirus xx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:48 pm
Senior Moment

sorry to be a pain in the bum but do i remove all of my norton or just the antivirus xx
Your aim is to remove absolutely everything that is Norton. You probably won't achieve it, but the more the better

Run add/remove programmes
The run the removal tool you downloaded
Have a look in the directories after if you feel brave enough to remove anything left, but don't worry too much

Then remove AVG using add/remove

Then when you are done, download avg again and reinstall it

I'll stay here for a while in case you have any problems
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:39 am
Senior Moment

I'll stay here for a while in case you have any problems

I'm still waiting up Miss N, did you sort it, can I go to bed now?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:53 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still waiting up Miss N, did you sort it, can I go to bed now?

Bet youre tired lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.