norton

Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default norton

I know it is not the right place but i need info quick, i have put this on lab but no help as yet maybe someone can here.

Hi
My norton has expired from my pc, and i do not want to pay to renew it.

Is there anything that is free that is just as good.

Also should i delete norton from my pc now in the programm area

Many Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: norton

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
I know it is not the right place but i need info quick, i have put this on lab but no help as yet maybe someone can here.

Hi
My norton has expired from my pc, and i do not want to pay to renew it.

Is there anything that is free that is just as good.

Also should i delete norton from my pc now in the programm area

Many Thanks
There has been a thread today in the Barbie or OZ forum all about Norton. You should read it.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Download AVG free edition. It is really good and a lot of people use it

http://www.grisoft.com/

You will have fun removing norton!!!
There is a removal tool, let me know if you need details

Moved to siesta
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:57 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Moved to siesta
I second that, I've used AVG for years and find it brilliant
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to siesta

Do i not just go in to programms and remove it from there!!!

Do i remove all of norton or just the anti virus. i am a complete novice at this

Ooooppps for got to add do i remove norton first or download the new one first xxx
xxxx

Last edited by Miss Naughty; Jul 26th 2007 at 11:04 am.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Do i not just go in to programms and remove it from there!!!

Do i remove all of norton or just the anti virus. i am a complete novice at this

Ooooppps for got to add do i remove norton first or download the new one first xxx
xxxx
Norton is like AOL, it burues itself everywhere. You can remove it from add/remove, but it won't take it all out.

Here is some help I received when I was trying to get rid of it:

Getting rid of Norton is the wisest decision you could make.

rdsok is correct about the Symantec uninstaller; HOWEVER, that doesn't always work either. You may have to go to their "Knowledge Base" (from hell) and locate the instructions for a MANUAL UNINSTALL. It is a very time consuming exercise that still does NOT remove everything Norton dumped onto your hard-drive.

Suggestion: After the uninstall is "completed", do a START > FIND > Computer Files > type: SYM
Repeat the above and type: NIS (or NAV)
Repeat the above and type: Norton
Repeat the above and type: Symantec ..... then ...

Find a good "Registry Cleaner" to remove more of Norton.

Note: In uninstalling NAV, I finally called Symantec and raised bloody caine, refusing to pay them to get rid of all the crap Norton dropped. They actually helped w/o charging, but...

Even after that and all of the above including a Registry Cleaner, I did a START > RUN > type: regedit and it still showed NAV registry entries. Unless you are truly computer savvy, I would not recommend deleting them. Instead, call a tech.

Hi,
Here is a link:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...&osv=&osv_lvl=

It explains how to uninstall 2005 using XP; follow all the steps.

You may have to do the Registry Edit, to manually delete some of the Registry Values.
If you decide to do that, shut down your computer before you do, then start it back up again.
It will save a backup of your Registry, just in case you delete something that is really needed.
Best of luck,
fredg
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Norton is like AOL, it burues itself everywhere. You can remove it from add/remove, but it won't take it all out.

Here is some help I received when I was trying to get rid of it:

Getting rid of Norton is the wisest decision you could make.

rdsok is correct about the Symantec uninstaller; HOWEVER, that doesn't always work either. You may have to go to their "Knowledge Base" (from hell) and locate the instructions for a MANUAL UNINSTALL. It is a very time consuming exercise that still does NOT remove everything Norton dumped onto your hard-drive.

Suggestion: After the uninstall is "completed", do a START > FIND > Computer Files > type: SYM
Repeat the above and type: NIS (or NAV)
Repeat the above and type: Norton
Repeat the above and type: Symantec ..... then ...

Find a good "Registry Cleaner" to remove more of Norton.

Note: In uninstalling NAV, I finally called Symantec and raised bloody caine, refusing to pay them to get rid of all the crap Norton dropped. They actually helped w/o charging, but...

Even after that and all of the above including a Registry Cleaner, I did a START > RUN > type: regedit and it still showed NAV registry entries. Unless you are truly computer savvy, I would not recommend deleting them. Instead, call a tech.

Hi,
Here is a link:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...&osv=&osv_lvl=

It explains how to uninstall 2005 using XP; follow all the steps.

You may have to do the Registry Edit, to manually delete some of the Registry Values.
If you decide to do that, shut down your computer before you do, then start it back up again.
It will save a backup of your Registry, just in case you delete something that is really needed.
Best of luck,
fredg
Thanks i am going to attempt to do this now, i will keep you updated on what has happened lol

xx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:12 am
Senior Moment

Thanks i am going to attempt to do this now, i will keep you updated on what has happened lol

xx
Download AVG first. Dont install it. Then remove Norton, disconnect from internet whilst you do all the other stuff to be safe, and then re connect and install AVG
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:15 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Moved to siesta
I can't seem to get on to that webpage, is it correct?

Thanks,
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:24 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Lochy
I can't seem to get on to that webpage, is it correct?

Thanks,
Yes mate, what message are you getting?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:26 am
Senior Moment

Try this
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/download-...virus/us/crp/0
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:50 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norton

xx
When you have downloaded AGV antivirus,you could then download AGV anti-spyware , this is a free download ,it needs to be run once a week.I downloaded it and ran a full system scan,it took about a hour or so to scan but worth it.Good luck
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:00 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmmm, strange, both working now. Not sure what happened, cheers for that. Will add it into my favourites for when my panda thing runs out.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:02 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

And when you have AVG safely installed download this (also free) it tells you if a site is safe or to be avoided. Definitely worth having

http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie.html
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi

I have downloaded my new anti virus thank you for the information.

I have not touched norton yet as i dont know or understand what to do.

I will wait until Mr N gets home so he can do it lol

Thanks Again xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.