News

Old Jul 18th 2013, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default News

Hi all,
I have got the following informations frome a member of the local government and I have thaught they might interest you.

1º/ The water park is officially signed and will be openened before the summer 2014.
2º/ They sould be soon a new supermarket/commercial center at the entrance of the new industrial zone. I have got two names: Carrefour and Alcampo. I just d not remember which one!
3ª/ The bus service in CE is until the end of the summer, as a test. If there are enough users, it will be maintained.

Regards,

Last edited by LordMayor; Jul 18th 2013 at 4:41 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: News

Originally Posted by LordMayor
Hi all,
2º/ They sould be soon a new supermarket/commercial center at the entrance of the new industrial zone. I have got two names: Carrefour and Alcampo. I just d not remember which one!

3ª/ The bus service in CE is until the end of the summer, as a test. If there are enough users, it will be maintained.

Regards,
2/Thats the end of any hope of the commercial centre anchored by a supermarket ever opening.

3/So there is the hint if Frank makes a go of it they will strangle his at birth.

I just don't understand the planners at the town hall as far as shopping is concerned just look at C/ Huelva all those interesting local shops gone no sign of any re-opening. Closer in any shop no matter what they sell that closes reopens as a dress shop how can the town support them, with the biggest Chinese clothes shops rivalling C&A for size. It's all going to end in tears!

What Ayamonte should be bidding for at the Poligono is a branch of Aldi and a really good DIY store such as Le Roy Merlin
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:10 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News

there are vested interests afoot and they don't want to give the foreigners what they want and they don't want a foreigner to actually make good ??

`
Old Jul 19th 2013, 8:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
there are vested interests afoot and they don't want to give the foreigners what they want and they don't want a foreigner to actually make good ??

`
Supermarket. Carrefour has several sized ones, if it is a superstore like in Cartaya, then it would be really handy for CE residents, to get mostly anything for home in 5 mins. Perhaps even increase the Kudos of CE - which is what we all in CE need. Also positive would be the employment it brings, often to the young. However IMHO it might be the death-knell to the already expiring La Plaza... kept alive by... errr..... Mercadonna! Hopefully they would continue to serve their local base, but its extra stress. It would also mean a huge pressure on the already crisis-pressurised local stores in Ayamonte. Those that haven't closed already are under strain. This could really affect our beautiful town. (Perhaps VRSA et al as well, with their higher TVA?). Look what has happened to the UK High Street. In which case I would personally forego the CE benefits and wish it not to start and hope the local business owners try and stop it. They have the pull and voting rights with the town hall. I wonder will they have a..... errrr.... petrol station as well?!!!!

I have to admit having used the Carrefour in Cartaya several times over the years, (though relatively rarely) even though it fair drive, so the new location would attract from a good radius.

Bus. This is great news and ... errr.... surprising that LM (who appears positive about this) and I are in agreement after the heated criticisms of Jags and the other bus service, when LM was most active on BE.

I don't in any way want to cast aspersions on this positive bus news, in its first week, so am hesitant to post, but there are questions here.

The bus is sponsored by CERA. No-one should be anonymously running it. Also if what I heard is true, and not a rumour, that CERA are actually paying a charge for it, then we members need to have transparency with the finances. The last thing we want is concerns about the finances (like those that have been voiced over the EUC finances) I hope we members will get this transparency, given time, and its just that everything is new at the moment. I think its fair to say that it was welcome news, from 'the blue'.

Also I accept the use it or lose it but there is a problem. We know the times to town and I naturally assume that about 30 mins or so before, we can pick it up at the station to come into CE. Trouble is that we rarely go to Ayamonte for +/- the whole day, and one would need to do that for a return journey with a morning and evening service. Putting aside the concerns of more 'official shenanigans', the bus service (though great news) isn't really the 'proper' kind of service we need in reality, so Frank still has a good sized hole to fill, with an hourly one. In fact it opens the door further for Frank IMHO. Good luck to both I say.

Water Park: Will believe it when I see it, as this is a big investment. If it happens it will give employment and I hope improve the kudos of CE, if it's a luxury one. It might also mean that it will be served by... errr..... a bus service from town!!! If so I think then it would be really churlish then not to continue it a few minutes to feed the (IBI and EUC paying) homeowners in CE!

Jon
Old Jul 19th 2013, 1:06 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Oops I was wrong in the assumption above re the pick up times coming INTO CE...

See attached doc for all the details... Many have got it in their email and I'm posting it as I made an incorrect assumption in the last post + to give all the info.

I got it in my inbox after I posted above.

Weird routes, I suppose it starts elsewhere when coming to CE ..... and final drop off it goes elsewhere as a late night trip into town after the CE drop off would be handy. The first return ties up witht he last departure to/from CE though.

Jon

1ST DEPARTURE: MORNINGS 11:30 h-11:45
2ND DEPARTURE: EVENINGS 19:00 h-19:15 h
RETURN FROM AYAMONTE’S BUS STATION
1ST RETURN: EVENINGS 18:30 h TICKET PRICE 1.20€
2ND RETURN: NIGHTS 22:00 h Services from July 15th to August 31th
1st STOP: VISTA ESURI 3RD STOP: LA COLINA
2ND STOP: LAS ENCINAS 4TH STOP: LOMAS ESURI
Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 19th 2013 at 1:10 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Not sure if this works but see attached the poster for bus in picture format.

I must admit but as I am over here just with my son I found it cumbersome to schedule the time to suit the bus pick up times. But still all the same it's arrival has to be appreciated.

Regards Martin
Attached Thumbnails News-image.jpg  
Old Jul 20th 2013, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

See attached doc for all the details... Many have got it in their email and I'm posting it as I made an incorrect assumption in the last post + to give all the info.

Weird routes, I suppose it starts elsewhere when coming to CE ..... and final drop off it goes elsewhere as a late night trip into town after the CE drop off would be handy. The first return ties up witht he last departure to/from CE though.

Jon

A group of us got the Bus into town last
We actually got on the one which arrived at the shop at 22.30 So in effect there are 3 per day into town.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
We actually got on the one which arrived at the shop at 22.30 So in effect there are 3 per day into town.
See and I just told Kath that guesswork is a clever boy and that just proves it. Did Ken go along as well?
Old Jul 20th 2013, 10:07 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by guesswork
Good it makes sense, thanks for the update...

Jon
Old Jul 20th 2013, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jon
It's not weird when you think that the Boulevard is a dual carriage way so it stops on the way in at Vista/Marina then on to Encinas then up back way Colinas and finally down to the shop for Mick who keeps late hours.

Just one problem on the route it completely misses the developments up around Tasa which have a lot of full time occupants and it would be easy to stop at the golf club on the way out by the bench just short of the r/about.

This was a no brainier really the school buses two of them do this route all year in term one about 14.30 at the shop and the big kids at 15.15. Similar pick ups before school at 8 and 9.

So two redundant buses and two redundant drivers from June to September why not tell them to carry on but change the timings a bit. Easy Peasy! Depending on demand the school run also includes the Tasa area.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 11:23 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Jon
It's not weird when you think that the Boulevard is a dual carriage way so it stops on the way in at Vista/Marina then on to Encinas then up back way Colinas and finally down to the shop for Mick who keeps late hours.

Just one problem on the route it completely misses the developments up around Tasa which have a lot of full time occupants and it would be easy to stop at the golf club on the way out by the bench just short of the r/about.

This was a no brainier really the school buses two of them do this route all year in term one about 14.30 at the shop and the big kids at 15.15. Similar pick ups before school at 8 and 9.

So two redundant buses and two redundant drivers from June to September why not tell them to carry on but change the timings a bit. Easy Peasy! Depending on demand the school run also includes the Tasa area.
Thanks but what I meant was that I thought was the bus started from the station and ended there. So about 30 mins before the CE pick up you got the bus, INTO CE... (the morning) and also that there wasn't advertised a 22:30 bus back into the bus station for the last return.

It seems that they have realised some of this and there is a 3rd service. I think there could be some better tweaking of the times at no real change to the trips at all... giving more opportunities to take it to/from town.

Jon
Old Jul 20th 2013, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks but what I meant was that I thought was the bus started from the station and ended there. So about 30 mins before the CE pick up you got the bus, INTO CE... (the morning) and also that there wasn't advertised a 22:30 bus back into the bus station for the last return.

It seems that they have realised some of this and there is a 3rd service. I think there could be some better tweaking of the times at no real change to the trips at all... giving more opportunities to take it to/from town.

Jon
The times do work for the summer because people can get the morning bus to town, then get a bus to the beach for the afternoon and return to CE on the 18.30.

At the moment people need to use it because the is always a lot of empty seats.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

The old rusty metal signs have been removed as you come into Esuri on the left...Tasa's old sign now says Welcome to Esuri in English Spanish Pt etc etc. John the tree you were moaning about as you come off the motorway has been removed and the one underneath trimmed..
Old Jul 20th 2013, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
The old rusty metal signs have been removed as you come into Esuri on the left...Tasa's old sign now says Welcome to Esuri in English Spanish Pt etc etc. John the tree you were moaning about as you come off the motorway has been removed and the one underneath trimmed..
OH Nearly forgot the Sunday roast is back on in the club house starting 2morrow,,..
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
That's a big thank you and well done to Phil the golf he has been banging on about this for ages can the Monday Club buy him a non-alcoholic beer from me.

The tree was my project for the autumn term and the darker nights I have even bought a new blade for the bow saw so thats not needed now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.