Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is the new anti-smoking law working?

Is the new anti-smoking law working?

Old Jan 17th 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is the new anti-smoking law working?

I never thought of this downside to the "no smoking" in enclosed areas, but it brings a smile to my face...........

Clubs have started giving out free deoderant to people, as the stench of stale sweat has now replaced that of cigarettes.

Previously, it wasn't noticeable and yes the Spanish are a smelly bunch, not just the men either.

Pure Genius!!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah... Tescos selling 36 cans for £18 is nice and healthy but its the million or so smokers in the UK who bothered to go to the pubs that is killing the industry...

Welcome back by the way, mind if I open a book on how long you stay this time?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
Taking tobacco like that? You get the most amazing mouth cancers.
EU reluctance

Experts at one of Sweden's top medical universities say there is no doubt that snus causes cancer of the pancreas and mouth.

But other scientists claim snus is 100 times safer than smoking, while the Royal College of Physicians claims it is up to 1,000 times less harmful.

You can always rely on scientists to reach agreement you only need to look at the concensus on Global warming.

Jim

Last edited by Bigger Jim; Jan 17th 2011 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
EU reluctance

Experts at one of Sweden's top medical universities say there is no doubt that snus causes cancer of the pancreas and mouth.

But other scientists claim snus is 100 times safer than smoking, while the Royal College of Physicians claims it is up to 1,000 times less harmful.

You can always rely on scientists to reach agreement you only need to look at the concensus on Global warming.

Jim
Why on earth would you want to put tobacco directly into your mouth. This is so yuck.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Why on earth would you want to put tobacco directly into your mouth. This is so yuck.
Quite! the British way of shoving it up your nose is far more couth.

Jim
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:39 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
Quite! the British way of shoving it up your nose is far more couth.

Jim
Brown boogers are so last year.

Taking Tobacco is dumb. It's known to be filthy stuff, so why the hell would you want to give your nasal and mucous membranes even more abuse?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:24 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be quite a lot of confusion regarding which is the most appropriate orifice in which to stick it.

I have my own opinion regarding that, but much prefer not to risk it myself.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:38 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
There seems to be quite a lot of confusion regarding which is the most appropriate orifice in which to stick it.

I have my own opinion regarding that, but much prefer not to risk it myself.
Apparantly that makes you walk funny.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:32 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have a bit of a dilemma here.

Some friends of ours are comning to stay soon, and it has come to my attention that some British expats in the village are having a party which our friends will be expected to attend, and in fact will be guests of honour (there is a reason, not relevant here).

Now these people's parties, whilst good fun, are always in a smoke-filled space, as they never open the windows.

My friend (male half of the couple) will refuse to go. He hates smoking with a vengeance and also is a Dr so backs his case up vehemently.

Don't know what to say to the people. It seems a bit wrong to let them throw this party and then have the guest of honour refuse to go!

Any suggestions? I suppose I could just be honest and then they will think he is a snob.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:59 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
Well we have a bit of a dilemma here.

Some friends of ours are comning to stay soon, and it has come to my attention that some British expats in the village are having a party which our friends will be expected to attend, and in fact will be guests of honour (there is a reason, not relevant here).

Now these people's parties, whilst good fun, are always in a smoke-filled space, as they never open the windows.

My friend (male half of the couple) will refuse to go. He hates smoking with a vengeance and also is a Dr so backs his case up vehemently.

Don't know what to say to the people. It seems a bit wrong to let them throw this party and then have the guest of honour refuse to go!

Any suggestions? I suppose I could just be honest and then they will think he is a snob.
if they want him to come as guest of honour (is he famous??) then surely they should respect his feelings?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:06 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
if they want him to come as guest of honour (is he famous??) then surely they should respect his feelings?
No, he is not famous. He is coming with his wife and they are rehoming a dog to the UK, they are coming to collect him. The people throwing the party are ardent dog-lovers, so they are giving the dog a send-off. The dog is the REAL guest of honour (and I don't suppose he will like the smoke either!).

I don't think they will respect his wishes, they will just think he is making a fuss about nothing. However, one could try I suppose.

The last party we went to there, not only was the place a smoke-filled fug, but some people were smoking pot!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Apparantly that makes you walk funny.
I watched quite a few programmes of El Coro de la Carcel, and they asked some woman what she was inside for, and it was drugs trafficking. Asked how they caught her, she said it was from the way she walked, apparently she had kilos of drugs stuffed up an orifice!
http://www.rtve.es/television/el-cor...a-carcel/2009/
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:59 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I watched quite a few programmes of El Coro de la Carcel, and they asked some woman what she was inside for, and it was drugs trafficking. Asked how they caught her, she said it was from the way she walked, apparently she had kilos of drugs stuffed up an orifice!
http://www.rtve.es/television/el-cor...a-carcel/2009/
Kilos? kilos?

Sausage and Albert Hall?

It must be the size of a clowns pocket...
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:01 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Kilos? kilos?

Sausage and Albert Hall?

It must be the size of a clowns pocket...
Hippo's Yawn?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:06 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hippo's Yawn?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.