Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Old May 23rd 2008, 11:28 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Hi Mrs E,
So sorry to hear you are having to come back, but as has been said you have lived the dream, and with an attitude like yours you can't fail to succeed!
You definately have the right mind set for success which is to grab life and make the most of it, even as far as looking at the good time you have had in Spain. You go girl! You never know, you may be in a possition to return in the future, or even move on to pastures new?
Anyway, whatever the future holds for you all, you are united and as far as I can see a winner, and also an inspiration to those without the courage to have tried. Good luck to all of you! And fingers crossed for a speedy rental/sale!
Chris XXX
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi Mrs E,
So sorry to hear you are having to come back, but as has been said you have lived the dream, and with an attitude like yours you can't fail to succeed!
You definately have the right mind set for success which is to grab life and make the most of it, even as far as looking at the good time you have had in Spain. You go girl! You never know, you may be in a possition to return in the future, or even move on to pastures new?
Anyway, whatever the future holds for you all, you are united and as far as I can see a winner, and also an inspiration to those without the courage to have tried. Good luck to all of you! And fingers crossed for a speedy rental/sale!
Chris XXX
Thanks ever so much for all your kind and positive words..you made me cry

We had a viewing today, but the chap didn't want to rent til September

You're lovely ta...speak soon x
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Aw my word...just read all the other posts on Page 2 ....shall I take shares out in Andrex????

Thank you all for all your support...and Rosemary ...I'm touched sweetpea, tears started again.....in the middle of a PM to you.....

Madcarole, thank you so much - didn't even know I could advertise on here...I've done it now though....
so fingers crossed.

Ta Mitzyboy..done it....I'm in the classifieds...ooooo.... not me , the House

And Shergar, PM me details of your house!!!!

George 43...thank you so much, you are such a honey...you gotta be positive otherwise you can't get on & you annoy everyone you meet ...lifes to short to be negative & grumpy ..

Advent 7006 - you're crazy !!! I love it....thanks 4 encouragement too mate xx

Anyway thanks guys for all your kind wishes & support...oh you to Lionda ....messaging you aswell....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lionda
Well for starters - Problems are sent to make us think, NOT to make us worry So get your thinking cap on - you can borrow mine when I've finished with it It will all turn out ok, just have fun while you are here - watch the pennies and plan ahead. I've had our route home worked out and printed off (driving home) since last November and been looking for properties to rent on the rightmove website since then. Got someone back home helping me to check the properties which interest me

Take care and don't let your worries show in front of the children Talk to us on here
Hey babe.....Will def use your thinking cap, mines not working ...brain drain :

I've been on Bristol Evening Post website - always find houses on there...but they r sooo expensive....eeek. Oh well sure things will work out....

Good advice keeping from the kids...will do .....gunna be sooo hard this weekend Ed's working 6pm -3am tonight & tom...6-11pm on Sunday ....so he's gunna be tired, stressed...and emotional !!! So glad we love eachother & don't keep anything from eachother, cos it's gunna be a rollercoaster, as Ed has admitted he WANTS to go back...me on the otherhand doesn't.

I've told him, I am in full support of this decision but have warned him I am gunna be upset as last week, I had no idea what he was feeling.

Anyway...have a great weekend......speak soon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:40 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie

I've been on Bristol Evening Post website - always find houses on there...but they r sooo expensive....eeek. Oh well sure things will work out....

Good advice keeping from the kids...will do .....gunna be sooo hard this weekend Ed's working 6pm -3am tonight & tom...6-11pm on Sunday ....so he's gunna be tired, stressed...and emotional !!! So glad we love eachother & don't keep anything from eachother, cos it's gunna be a rollercoaster, as Ed has admitted he WANTS to go back...me on the otherhand doesn't.

I've told him, I am in full support of this decision but have warned him I am gunna be upset as last week, I had no idea what he was feeling.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There you go, you see YOU NEED TO TALK. Ed must be feeling like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders now that he has finally admitted out loud that he wants to go back. It will be OK Mich, really it will. You are about to embark on another of lifes adventures - make it fun
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs E.... I don`t know you so don`t know your journey to date. Things happen in life to try us. I`m, at the moment, experiencing something unknown to me.. similar to you.. but I`m a little luckier than you in that I`m still in UK with family and friends. They can`t help, in any way shape or form, unfortunately, but I know they are there if needed. I have, up to now kept things from my children and parents.. until I can give them a little positive news... I believe that there is no point in telling them until you know exactly what is going on and have something to tell. I wish you lots of luck. Truly. I can imagine your up and down emotions. We should print T-shirts... eh?? xxxxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

There you go, you see YOU NEED TO TALK. Ed must be feeling like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders now that he has finally admitted out loud that he wants to go back. It will be OK Mich, really it will. You are about to embark on another of lifes adventures - make it fun
aw i know....bless him....i've just had a skype conversation with his dearest friend...mates since 11yrs old.....its his b'day & i made his day !! hes gutted its not worked out but sooo happy to have ed back...same story with his folks.....so i am happy for him. I just need 2 get my head round it all now as its real and he'd go tomorrow if he could !!!

I've only told my sis & one of my best buds...as I can't bear 2 say it..and make it true. Altho.....I'm emotionally backing Ed ...it's moving too fast......I'm having a selfish moment......I live 4 a laugh sooooo therse feelings will pass...it's just my mates here are visibly upset ..and I love them....I can't believe I've been lucky enough to meet people that I will always be friends with.......

And deeeeeeep breath...I'm better now & Lin I will make the most of it....have the most fantastic friends back home, I'll see my Mum & my fabby Granny, Godchildren ...we'll be happy...I just know I'll miss Spain...it'll be like one of those aches in the stomach that give you a lump in the throat...(does that sound weird ) ...may be a mich thingy xxxxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Mrs E.... I don`t know you so don`t know your journey to date. Things happen in life to try us. I`m, at the moment, experiencing something unknown to me.. similar to you.. but I`m a little luckier than you in that I`m still in UK with family and friends. They can`t help, in any way shape or form, unfortunately, but I know they are there if needed. I have, up to now kept things from my children and parents.. until I can give them a little positive news... I believe that there is no point in telling them until you know exactly what is going on and have something to tell. I wish you lots of luck. Truly. I can imagine your up and down emotions. We should print T-shirts... eh?? xxxxx
Yeah good idea...what should we put on them ?????? pm'd u btw xxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good that he has told you how he is feeling, it will make him feel so much better to have been so honest with you. Sounds like you need to sort out some time for the two of you to have a long honest discussion.

My OH has just said that if he was in your OH's position of needing to earn enough money to maintain his family and was struggling he would want to return to the place that he knew better, had family nearby and where he may be more likely to gain the sort of work he prefers.

You have a strong relationship which means that you will sort out each problem that you face TOGETHER regardless of whether one person is more for a thing than the other. Your joint efforts will ensure that you succeed in anything you attempt. Hold your heads up high and congratulate yourselves on what you have achieved to date.

Rosemary
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I was feeling quite sad for you, until I read you might have to move to Wales, now I am absolutely gutted for you!!

Hope it all goes well, and you're up and running again soon.
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

aw i know....bless him....i've just had a skype conversation with his dearest friend...mates since 11yrs old.....its his b'day & i made his day !! hes gutted its not worked out but sooo happy to have ed back...same story with his folks.....so i am happy for him. I just need 2 get my head round it all now as its real and he'd go tomorrow if he could !!!

I've only told my sis & one of my best buds...as I can't bear 2 say it..and make it true. Altho.....I'm emotionally backing Ed ...it's moving too fast......I'm having a selfish moment......I live 4 a laugh sooooo therse feelings will pass...it's just my mates here are visibly upset ..and I love them....I can't believe I've been lucky enough to meet people that I will always be friends with.......

And deeeeeeep breath...I'm better now & Lin I will make the most of it....have the most fantastic friends back home, I'll see my Mum & my fabby Granny, Godchildren ...we'll be happy...I just know I'll miss Spain...it'll be like one of those aches in the stomach that give you a lump in the throat...(does that sound weird ) ...may be a mich thingy xxxxx

A good blub, a bottle of wine and a chat with your friends and you are starting to see things in a different light. If your children are speaking Spanish try and keep it up for them, who knows - you could find a change of circumstances and come back to Spain. None of us knows what the future holds that's one of the adventures of life. You are fun loving and outgoing - you are going to be ok

P.s. Despite what LB says - I think you are lucky to be going to Wales (if you can't get to Bristol) that lovely Welsh accent
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I was feeling quite sad for you, until I read you might have to move to Wales, now I am absolutely gutted for you!!

Hope it all goes well, and you're up and running again soon.

i laugh as i'm half welsh & still have family there...

you're naughty ..but it made me chuckle xxxxxxxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

A good blub, a bottle of wine and a chat with your friends and you are starting to see things in a different light. If your children are speaking Spanish try and keep it up for them, who knows - you could find a change of circumstances and come back to Spain. None of us knows what the future holds that's one of the adventures of life. You are fun loving and outgoing - you are going to be ok

P.s. Despite what LB says - I think you are lucky to be going to Wales (if you can't get to Bristol) that lovely Welsh accent
We will be ok... we already discussed getting MUzzy Spanish...on DVD/computer....as we don't want them to loose it.

I LOVE the WELSH accent......ummmmmmmmmmmm

Cheers Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Good that he has told you how he is feeling, it will make him feel so much better to have been so honest with you. Sounds like you need to sort out some time for the two of you to have a long honest discussion.

My OH has just said that if he was in your OH's position of needing to earn enough money to maintain his family and was struggling he would want to return to the place that he knew better, had family nearby and where he may be more likely to gain the sort of work he prefers.

You have a strong relationship which means that you will sort out each problem that you face TOGETHER regardless of whether one person is more for a thing than the other. Your joint efforts will ensure that you succeed in anything you attempt. Hold your heads up high and congratulate yourselves on what you have achieved to date.

Rosemary
Hi honey....

Thanks for that, I thought Ed felt like what your OH would've been feeling. He's noe worrying about me....told him the truth, I love Spain & that I'm going to miss it but bottom line family comes first & we can not financially afford to live here comfortably.....

We can not kerep things from eachother, I think thats why I'm in shock...cos I didn't see this coming - Ed being homesick !!!!

We will get by, it'll be hard going but we'll do it...we are close !!!!! It took guts getting here..and we have lovved it & both don't regret it.

Thank you ever so much for you time & support

lots of love Mich xxxxxxxxxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah good idea...what should we put on them ?????? pm'd u btw xxx
Hey Mrs E... got it. Just replied xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.