Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Old May 21st 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Hi folks.....

A big hello to everyone....I haven't been on here in a while !!! Hope everyone's fab!

Can't believe I'm typing this......we are planning our move back to the UK after 2 wonderful but hard years....

We have put the house on the market & sent our CV's off !!! It's awful...can't stop crying as don't wanna go back.

Had lots of challenges to overcome whilst being out here...and would stay here if we knew we could afford another winter!!

It's soooooo hard to make ends meet for us, all the hidden expenses...the bills come out left right and centre...

Mr Eddie has been laid off but managed to get another job but the hours clashed with my job so I had to give it up...and we are struggling financially.

We know we will probably struggle financially in the UK but hopefully we have learnt how to budget as when we have no money that means NO MONEY over here.

Anyway....looking at the positives, seeing family and friends....parks with LOTS of grass.....ASDA...TESCO...BOOTS :

Our friends out here are sooo sad and gutted but admit the cost of living is rising & the wages don't cover it ....must be the same all over Europe.

Anyway, will be on here more as reading others stories, any advice would be fab....I feel ike a right user.... don't mean to.....just you peeps on here are great and supportive.

Speak to you soon a very sad and emotional Mrs Eddie xxxxxxxx
Old May 21st 2008, 2:50 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Sorry to hear your news

Being on the other edge of the sword it's a bit worrying seeing all these people moving back, however I don't have children to support so the cost of living will be cheaper.

For your information, I travel throughout Europe on business and it's the same story throughout, the cost of living has skyrocket in the past year or so and everyone is finding it hard to cope.

We did our sums and just the first quarter of this year (ie Jan-March) was just over 20% more expensive for us than the same time last year.

Unfortunately it's going to get worse before it gets better but at least in the UK you will have family backing.

However if you do get lucky and sell your property I would strongly urge you to stay with some family members for a while as property prices are falling and gathering pace here in the UK.

Just yesterday on the news they mentioned 40% drop within the year.

Also one thing to remember if you're completely skint I believe there is a time frame that you can not obtain any sort of benefits when returning to the UK, I believe it's for the first six monts, but definately worth double checking.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry to read that you may have to leave but let's be honest as long as you have Mr Eddie and kiddies does it really matter where you live
Old May 21st 2008, 3:13 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Mrs E that is such sad news, we all know how much you, mr e and the likkle e's like it in Spain. Try and keep your chin up, keep smiling you will at least have good happy memories to take back with you, look forward to hearing from you more often. Much love and good thoughts for you
Old May 21st 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Hi folks.....

A big hello to everyone....I haven't been on here in a while !!! Hope everyone's fab!

Can't believe I'm typing this......we are planning our move back to the UK after 2 wonderful but hard years....

We have put the house on the market & sent our CV's off !!! It's awful...can't stop crying as don't wanna go back.

Had lots of challenges to overcome whilst being out here...and would stay here if we knew we could afford another winter!!

It's soooooo hard to make ends meet for us, all the hidden expenses...the bills come out left right and centre...

Mr Eddie has been laid off but managed to get another job but the hours clashed with my job so I had to give it up...and we are struggling financially.

We know we will probably struggle financially in the UK but hopefully we have learnt how to budget as when we have no money that means NO MONEY over here.

Anyway....looking at the positives, seeing family and friends....parks with LOTS of grass.....ASDA...TESCO...BOOTS :

Our friends out here are sooo sad and gutted but admit the cost of living is rising & the wages don't cover it ....must be the same all over Europe.

Anyway, will be on here more as reading others stories, any advice would be fab....I feel ike a right user.... don't mean to.....just you peeps on here are great and supportive.

Speak to you soon a very sad and emotional Mrs Eddie xxxxxxxx
gutted for you will see you soon and have a natter
Old May 21st 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys for all your messages....going all teary again .....

SueG...you are sooo right - after an emotional discussion me & Ed said as long as we've got eachother & the kids are happy...we'll be fine !!

Spain .... definitely need 2 get together and catch up.

Crispy , you're right hun....we will have loads of happy memories - and have made such lifelong friends too.

Zel thanks for the info...looks like you've done your sums etc etc...you'll be fine. We would probably stay & weather the storm if it was just 2 of us to consider but we have to be realistic & responsible (me...and that Responsible word sound funny together) as the kids are very young!
We have never been on benefits, planning to go back when we have jobs sorted and work - the benefit system is a minefield if you never claim...but it's worth knowing anyway.

Thanks again guys....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 21st 2008, 3:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that you are needing to return to UK, we know that you love it here and had your hearts set on stayin. Maybe the time is just not right for you now and you may be able to fullfil your dream at a later date.

Just want to wish you all of the very best of luck with your future and ask you to keep in touch.

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, wherever you end up.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Oddities : Aw thanks hun....maybe you're right it wasn't meant to be...but we are not gutted we took the plunge....

The kids were at the right age, we came over with a job....we worked hard....but it's more expensive over here than we thought...and in the last 2 years food prices etc have gone up loads of times....

I don't regret anything though..not even loosing all our equity etc because we tried it....loved it.....and will always be chuffed that we actually did it !!
Old May 21st 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by montgomail
Good luck, wherever you end up.
Thanks mate we'll probably end up in Welsh Valleys.... Bristol is getting so expensive....
Old May 21st 2008, 4:12 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Better to have tried at all than always thinking if only. Your young you can start
again. Life is for living and you have a good family.
I was widowed at 27, I always now think live for today. Enjoy your life no matter where you are.
Good luck and grab life with both hands.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Better to have tried at all than always thinking if only. Your young you can start
again. Life is for living and you have a good family.
I was widowed at 27, I always now think live for today. Enjoy your life no matter where you are.
Good luck and grab life with both hands.
Thanks for that lovie......you're right lifes for living ...and too short.
We will definitely grab life with both hands....thank you!! It's daunting starting again but lifes full of changes..as you know....

The whole adventure has made me re-evaluate my ideals....when we go back....we will be different, live different lives...I'm not worried about getting back on the property ladder ...I just want to be able to provide for our family...and be happy. The material side of things does not bother me one bit....

Thanks again..geez I'm sorry didn't realise I went off on one ...climbed off my soapbox now....

You take care x
Old May 21st 2008, 4:45 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear it Miss Eddie, I know sometimes things don't work out, but I hope the UK makes things better for you.

As has been said, at least you all have each other, and that can be the best support you could ever need.
Old May 21st 2008, 6:52 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Mich, got your message this afternoon and replied hope you got it, couldn't stay on long as my daughter was waiting to use msn. I am sooo sorry that it has come to this, you have both tried so very hard. As has already been said, you have each other and the children and I'm sure you will be happy wherever you move to next. Have you set yourselves a time when you will be moving, hope the money doesn't run out completely before then, how are you going to get back (((hugs)))
Old May 21st 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to add to the other posts mrs eddie ow sorry I am to hear you are going back, but I do agree you have a wonderful and supportive family and friends and that is what matters in this life, as you say you have been here and tried it, and yes maybe if just the two of you things would have been different.

I would like to wish you all the bets for your future I am sure it will be good for you, you have a good atitude to life. love and best wishes

pwwm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.