Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Originally Posted by CarolandTony
I hadn't realised when we spoke before that you were having to move back to the UK as we weren't on line much when you first posted. I'm really sorry that things haven't worked out as planned especially as you enjoy being here . At least you can look back and say that you did have a go, too many people live in regret of what they didn't do. It probably wasn't meant to be this time round but next time and I'm sure there will be a next time things will be different.
I do hope we get to meet up before you leave you seem to be one of life's rays of sunshine and you spread it wherever you go so I'm sure you'll find happiness wherever you are.
Good luck
Carol.
You're right, we'll have no regrets...and no what if's.....just wasn't meant to be

Thank you sooo much for the kind words ....that was so sweet...and me and Mr E are definitely up fhor meeting......just need to work out his hours as someones called in sick AGAIN...so his days off are GONE ....so we'll let you know ...

Or you'll have to come to us one evening for a few cheeky drinks and some nibbles....

Speak soon xxx
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:52 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Aw cheers Jax....didn't know you were on here hun.....sorry didn't wanna say anything as it was still raw....Ed had to let his boss know....

Thats why when you saw me I was a bit down bless, and there's you thinking it was cos we couldn't find anything you probably thought "geez, I know its annoying but no need to cry about it " !!!

We'll be having a knees up ...obviously - a fab excuse for a party....so when it's sorted and we know when we're off we'll let u know. Ed's bodss is telling HIds boss on Monday - will know then whether he has to work notice or just leave....then he has 4 weeks of remote IT work on the condition that Eds at work in Bristol immediately after ....

So we could be leaving end of June..first week of July ...

Catch up soon honey xxxxxxxxxx
June/July You will be back home before us.....wow Mich, that's a quick turn around, better get that low factor sun tan lotion pretty quick you haven't much time left
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lionda
June/July You will be back home before us.....wow Mich, that's a quick turn around, better get that low factor sun tan lotion pretty quick you haven't much time left
I know ...blasted weather I NEED A TAN !!!!!!!!!!

I've been really sensible and been on the 20's & 30's ..didn't wanna have leathery skin !!!! Wish I'd known ...I'd have been out there in cooking oil

Bring it on ......

xxxxxxx
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mrs E!

I'm so very sorry to hear that you're heading back to Brizzle, when you'd obviously far rather stay in sunny Spain

However, having just read the whole thread, it seems that your thinking has already changed quite a lot just in the space of a few days - so it's good to see you're getting your head round the whole situation.

From your previous posts, you have always sounded like a real fun loving, cheerful kind of person, who just lives for her children, her hubby and her family
You obviously have a solid family, and now that you know your hubby is actually looking forward to returning, then you've just adapted your thinking accordingly.
That shows how much love you have for your family, and that you're a really positive thinker.
It seems you have all the qualities needed to be a success wherever you go, and I wish you every happiness upon your return.

Of course, there will be times when you wish you and the kids were on the beach - but I guess there's nothing to stop you coming back and visiting for holidays in the future, is there?

As so many other people have said - you at least took the opportunity that you had to come out here, and there's nothing to say that another chance won't come along in the future.
I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, although that reason may not become clear for some time to come.
I'm sure that if you just keep your chin up, keep smiling and carry on being the lovely person that you are, everything will be just fine - wherever you are.

Anyway, at least you'll be able to visit Watershed, the IMAX theatre, the Hippodrome, @ Bristol, the suspension bridge, Clifton Downs, the balloon festival, the kite festival, Ashton Court, City farm, Cribbs Causeway and more!
Even IKEA is bearable if you don't try going on a Saturday!
It's just a shame that Bristol City didn't make it into the Premiership

I do hope that all goes well for you, and that you'll keep in touch with us on here and let us know how you're getting on.
Take very good care.

Love Sam x
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brisca
Hi Mrs E!

I'm so very sorry to hear that you're heading back to Brizzle, when you'd obviously far rather stay in sunny Spain

However, having just read the whole thread, it seems that your thinking has already changed quite a lot just in the space of a few days - so it's good to see you're getting your head round the whole situation.

From your previous posts, you have always sounded like a real fun loving, cheerful kind of person, who just lives for her children, her hubby and her family
You obviously have a solid family, and now that you know your hubby is actually looking forward to returning, then you've just adapted your thinking accordingly.
That shows how much love you have for your family, and that you're a really positive thinker.
It seems you have all the qualities needed to be a success wherever you go, and I wish you every happiness upon your return.

Of course, there will be times when you wish you and the kids were on the beach - but I guess there's nothing to stop you coming back and visiting for holidays in the future, is there?

As so many other people have said - you at least took the opportunity that you had to come out here, and there's nothing to say that another chance won't come along in the future.
I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, although that reason may not become clear for some time to come.
I'm sure that if you just keep your chin up, keep smiling and carry on being the lovely person that you are, everything will be just fine - wherever you are.

Anyway, at least you'll be able to visit Watershed, the IMAX theatre, the Hippodrome, @ Bristol, the suspension bridge, Clifton Downs, the balloon festival, the kite festival, Ashton Court, City farm, Cribbs Causeway and more!
Even IKEA is bearable if you don't try going on a Saturday!
It's just a shame that Bristol City didn't make it into the Premiership

I do hope that all goes well for you, and that you'll keep in touch with us on here and let us know how you're getting on.
Take very good care.

Love Sam x
Sam, thank you soooo much for the kind words & your support, it really does mean alot

Aw you are right , I do live for my family....even if my little winkles drive me insane

Are you from my neck of the woods then honey???

Will definitely keep in touch ....

And thanks Sam....you are such a sweetie xxxxxxxxx

P.S My mates are gutted about Bristol City by the way ...Mr E is Rovers thru and thru so he is not soooo gutted
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

Sam, thank you soooo much for the kind words & your support, it really does mean alot

Aw you are right , I do live for my family....even if my little winkles drive me insane

And thanks Sam....you are such a sweetie xxxxxxxxx

P.S My mates are gutted about Bristol City by the way ...Mr E is Rovers thru and thru so he is not soooo gutted
im gutted about bristol city to.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
im gutted about bristol city to.
Bless you ...there's always next season hun!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

P.S My mates are gutted about Bristol City by the way (...Mr E is Rovers thru and thru so he is not soooo gutted )

Hi there Mrs E,

Sorry to have taken all day to reply to you

Hope that things are OK with you?
What have your little winkles been up to today!?

I'm actually from Surrey, but I lived in Shepton Mallet for 13 years before moving to Spain.
I also worked in Yatton for 4 years, and visited Bristol many times with the young people that I worked with.
I have some wonderful memories of those times

I'm a Liverpool fan, but I was shouting for City in the play-off final, and was gutted for them
(Yeah, and I'm sure Mr E had a good chuckle at City's misfortune! )

I had the embarrassment of seeing City knock Liverpool out of the FA Cup many years ago - that was REALLY dreadful!

A more enjoyable trip to Ashton Gate, was when I saw Bryan Adams perform there in 2003. He was absolutely BRILLIANT!!

I shall keep following this thread, and hope to hear plenty of positive news coming from your way.
I'm sure everything is going to be just fine for you and your little winkles!
What do they think about returning? Are they old enough to understand what's happening?

Take very good care of yourself mate, and please keep in touch.
Love 'n' hugs,
from Sam xx
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:07 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Very brave post Mrs Eddie

Most people slip away back to the UK quietly as if it is a failure they are embarrassed about - not at all - it is HARD in Spain and to at least try to make a go here and have the most amazing experience is much better than the people who don't even dare to try.

Best wishes.

Mark
Old Jun 8th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Hi Mich,

You've not posted for a while so I was wondering how things are going but no doubt you have lots to do. Do you have a date for moving yet? Keep us informed.

Looking at the weather today it's going to be difficult to get that tan

Take care, Love Carol xx
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you safely back in 'Brizzle'?
Is there quite a lot of drizzle!
This thread seemed to fizzle (out!)
You're not forgotten; there's no doubt

What's your new life all about?
Hope you haven't developed a pout!?
Hope you're settled,
And all in fine fettle

Let us know how it's going,
'Cos it's horrible not knowing!
Hope you're well and doing fine.
Please do drop us a line

Hope you all got back to the UK safely Mich, and that you're not finding it too difficult to adjust to life without the sun!

Have been thinking about you loads just lately, so I thought I'd send you a little message and see how it's all going for you.

Sending you and the family much love, and wishing you all the luck in the world for your new life in Bristol.

Take very good care,
love Sam xxx
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

silverbirch will become famous soon enoughsilverbirch will become famous soon enough

Sorry you have to come back to rainy uk, but you will always have your memories, and who knows in a few years time everything could change and you can go back, at least you know all about Spain now so it will be much easier than when you went the first time.
On another matter I would love to know the situation with the benifits system in the uk for people who go back home after a great many years of living in America, anyone know.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 7:44 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer to hear you have had to go back. I just hope that things work out well for you whatever you do.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Are you safely back in 'Brizzle'?
Is there quite a lot of drizzle!
This thread seemed to fizzle (out!)
You're not forgotten; there's no doubt

What's your new life all about?
Hope you haven't developed a pout!?
Hope you're settled,
And all in fine fettle

Let us know how it's going,
'Cos it's horrible not knowing!
Hope you're well and doing fine.
Please do drop us a line

Hope you all got back to the UK safely Mich, and that you're not finding it too difficult to adjust to life without the sun!

Have been thinking about you loads just lately, so I thought I'd send you a little message and see how it's all going for you.

Sending you and the family much love, and wishing you all the luck in the world for your new life in Bristol.

Take very good care,
love Sam xxx
heard from Mich yesterday they are all back safe and sound - weather not too great though !!!

sure she will be back here with an update asap
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:34 pm
loving life

abbytuttut will become famous soon enoughabbytuttut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by silverbirch
Sorry you have to come back to rainy uk, but you will always have your memories, and who knows in a few years time everything could change and you can go back, at least you know all about Spain now so it will be much easier than when you went the first time.
On another matter I would love to know the situation with the benifits system in the uk for people who go back home after a great many years of living in America, anyone know.
hi, I don't know the answer to your question but just to give you an insight into how it is here now......... I was born in the uk and I've lived and worked in the Uk for the past 30 years - never claimed a penny off benefits, got seriously ill at christmas and was advised I could get this, that and the other help off the government
GREAT !! i thought and after filling out reams and reams of paperwork (at least half a forest full grrrrr) guess what ???? 8 months down the line and over £3,000.00 in debt and still ill................ NOT GOT A SINGLE PENNY OUT OF EM!!! not even any help with my £50+ prescription tuttuttut!! AND the guy at the benefits helpline said that the new government initiative is to keep ppl who have a good work record in work so guess thats me sold down the swanny for being such a good girl all my life huh!!
sooooooooooo WELCOME BACK TO THE UK PEEPS oh and good luck trying to get some money when you get here!!!
abby x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.