Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

moving to spain on oct

moving to spain on oct

Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

nicola15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to spain on oct

Hi we are moving in oct 2010 (thats if everything runs smoothly in the U.K).
Anyone living in alhuarin de grande or nearby would be nice to here from you,

thanks nic and john x
Old Apr 28th 2010, 4:43 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to spain on oct

I live in a village just outside of Alhaurin El Grande, La Alqueria (inbetween El Grande and De La Torre). Not sure that we'll still be here in October tho. But if I can help with advice or questions I'll try ??!!!

jo xxx
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

hello, what you need ?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I live in a village just outside of Alhaurin El Grande, La Alqueria (inbetween El Grande and De La Torre). Not sure that we'll still be here in October tho. But if I can help with advice or questions I'll try ??!!!

jo xxx
hi Jo,
thanks for the reply do you like this area ? we are renting a villa off a friend for 6months to see if we like this particular area and while we are there we will be looking at different areas. Is there a nursery close to this area? what type of shops are in the town? any info you have would be lovely thank you.

Nic and john x
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

I am moving to Alhaurin el Grande next week. So good look with the move and if you need help get in touch.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough

I haven't made the move yet but the best of luck! It's nice to read about people still making the move that way. I cannot wait!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:18 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Hi good luck wth your move. Go on to you-tube there is lots video footage about it.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola15
hi Jo,
thanks for the reply do you like this area ? we are renting a villa off a friend for 6months to see if we like this particular area and while we are there we will be looking at different areas. Is there a nursery close to this area? what type of shops are in the town? any info you have would be lovely thank you.

Nic and john x
loads.

all types. get anything you want here. well, no "big" electrical shops, but fuengerola is only 20/30 min away.

best way to do it. relativly long term rent to see if the area suits you.

good luck
Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:16 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there are nurseries in the town, I dont need them, so I dont know where, however, a friend of mine owns a restaurant there called picniks and they seem to know everything there is to know about El grande and the surrounding area and will tell you everything you need to know. The town itself is very spanish looking, but has a very high proportion of Brits, What sort of shops in the town? Well, theres a Mercadona supermarket, a few independant type shops, you know, a swimming poolshop, an electrical/computer type place, a little green grocers, two or three "todo"/chinese that sells everything type shops, lots of bars and restaurants, a cigarette shop, hairdressers, British newsagents.... and more that I cant think of right now. You're not far from Fuengirola, well you wont be when they finally open the new road! There you have all the touristy things and the beach. Also theres a "Dunnes" (think primark/M&S) and an Iceland that sells all your British favourites. Drive towards Málaga and you have Plaza Mayor which is a huge commercial centre with brilliant modern clothes shops on side and bars and restaurants the other, a multi plex cinema, gym..... Theres an Ikea near to the airport...

El Grande is a good place to start looking!

Jo xxx
Old May 1st 2010, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

JustinTime is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are moving in oct 2010 (thats if everything runs smoothly in the U.K).
Anyone living in alhuarin de grande or nearby would be nice to here from you,

thanks nic and john x
Hi,

We are also relocating to Alhaurin El Grande in July this year. We are really looking forward to our new chapter! Will keep you posted on our progress. Good luck!
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:04 am
squeaky clean

Well when you're all here everyone should meet up and say hi - new friends already!!!!

Jo xxx
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Well when you're all here everyone should meet up and say hi - new friends already!!!!

Jo xxx
Hi jojojojojo that would be great someone we could meet have a coffee and a chat and ask what's what and what's not,, It might make thing's that little bit easyier for when we fisrt get there !! thank's for invatation xx
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JustinTime
Hi,

We are also relocating to Alhaurin El Grande in July this year. We are really looking forward to our new chapter! Will keep you posted on our progress. Good luck!
Hi justinTime, We to are looking forward to the move and it will be good to hear for you on your move ,, (what is the place like e.t.c. e.t.c ) thanks in advance for any replies ,,
Good luck and we wish you well
Old May 2nd 2010, 5:27 pm
squeaky clean

Hi jojojojojo that would be great someone we could meet have a coffee and a chat and ask what's what and what's not,, It might make thing's that little bit easyier for when we fisrt get there !! thank's for invatation xx

Let me know when you arrive and we'll meet up and then as more arrive we can meet them too!!

Jo xxx
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

just a suggestion,when you get here get on the next plane back,will save you a lot of money and hassle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.