Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

This makes grim reading

This makes grim reading

Old Aug 28th 2020, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This makes grim reading

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Sorry, you have lost me entirely. I thought I knew what you meant by "Balkanizers", but now I am certain that I don't. I also don't know what you mean by "other immigrant communities"?
You know exactly what I mean. If you want to comment on immigrant integration in the UK, take a trip to Tower Hamlets, Luton, Bradford, Oldham, etc.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inbarcelona
Ah.....Rochdale ....Child abuse capital of the UK.....Where the Police are so frightened of doing anything about it in case they get called Racists.

A monumental cover-up by local politicians and social workers of a left-wing persuasion. We can´t be seen to upset the sensitivities of the locals can we. That´s Racist....even though we are talking about child molesters.
And still it goes on today...not only in Rochdale but in many other parts of the country too.
The same local authority and police force who knew and covered up the child abuse perpetrated by the late Cyril Smith MP(and others) for many years when it was common knowledge what he and his well connected (and definitely not Muslim) friends got up to with young boys living in children's homes. It's about those in positions of authority being too lazy and complacent to do anything about it and not wanting to make work for themselves, not racism. and holding the view that children from less than ideal backgrounds do not make credible witnesses and actually choose to participate in their loathsome activities . Who was the pivotal figure in finally getting the abusers in Rochdale prosecuted? Nazir Afzal, former head of the Crown Prosecution Service in the North West.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-grooming-prosecutor-nazir-afzal-13271237

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...using-17811996

https://jordanssolicitors.co.uk/2014/04/cyril-smith-how-the-mps-wide-scale-child-abuse-was-covered-up/

Last edited by Lynn R; Aug 28th 2020 at 5:53 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

Well that´s the bleedin´heart Liberals for you.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn R....We are never going to agree.....So you stick with your views and I´ll stick with mine.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn R....We are never going to agree.....So you stick with your views and I´ll stick with mine.

You are beaten I see

Old Aug 28th 2020, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

You are beaten I see

Old Aug 28th 2020, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perhaps the best place for your mindset is in the "take it outside" forum
Old Aug 28th 2020, 6:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
You know exactly what I mean. If you want to comment on immigrant integration in the UK, take a trip to Tower Hamlets, Luton, Bradford, Oldham, etc.
No, I don't. If I knew, I wouldn't be asking (for clarification).

I thought I knew what "Balkanization" meant (non-integrated communities living in close proximity), but I can't understand your posts using that definition, and you have turned the adjective into a noun, and I have no idea what you mean by "Balkanizer", other than it appears to be perjorative.

Your reference to several urban areas in the UK seems, IMO, to support my view, and yet you are apparently disagreeing with me. Are you suggesting that the places you listed are models of successful immigrant integration that should be emulated?

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 28th 2020 at 7:02 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonboy
You are beaten I see

No....I could go on and on....but what´s the point.
We have differing views. I am quite content with mine.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 7:04 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
But without it, they cannot hope to "integrate". How can you integrate with a commuity you can't communicate with?

I ask my Hubby the same question.....he can't speak a word of it after 14+ yrs
Old Aug 28th 2020, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

The older you get the harder it is to learn.

Old Aug 28th 2020, 9:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

But without it, they cannot hope to "integrate". How can you integrate with a commuity you can't communicate with?
Agreed, but just because you can speak the lingo doesn't mean you will integrate.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

No matter how many of them there are, the majority of British immigrants anywhere in the world are not renowned for adapting their way of life to the local culture or learning the language.
And why should we?
Old Aug 29th 2020, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcom1970
And why should we?
Strikes me you just want an argument rather than reasoned discussion
Old Aug 29th 2020, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Whole thread is being trolled by one poster. Dont react. They have been doing the same on other Spanish forums for a couple of weeks and now have been removed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.