Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Learning Spanish - Your tips please :)

Learning Spanish - Your tips please :)

Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning Spanish - Your tips please :)

No, sadly not Martha

I haven't even seen him pop up on MSN/Yahoo for ages.

I wonder how he's doing and where he is?
He did say he would keep posting on here, but that was a while back.

I've just realised that I haven't seen many posts from Andrew (online amiga) for a long time either??
Do you know how he's getting on?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
I've just realised that I haven't seen many posts from Andrew (online amiga) for a long time either??
Do you know how he's getting on?

He was on here August 11th
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Liado is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Liado and welcome to the forum

You must've dug really deep to find this thread, considering that it was first started in April (I think) and Keri has already been to Spain and gone again!

I guess in a way it's good though cause I can't help wondering how Keri is doing! He's always been in the back of my mind somehow.

Is anyone in touch with him?

Martha

Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
He was on here August 11th
Thanks Mitzy

What a very efficient Mod you are
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
I have the spanish language cds by Michele Thomas. I beleive they were actually given away in a british newspaper not so long ago. Ive had them on in the car for the last 2 - 3 months and its slowlys sinking in after replaying and replaying. Theyre very good he explains exactly how the language works so that you should actually be able to suss out how to say something if you dont actually know how to say it. I have the whole lot on MP3. So if these CDs are now deemed freeware then i 'could' host them but only if im sure its legal to do so!
Michel Thomas, Without a Doubt 100%, to speak Spanish, when I tried speaking out a prase book, made my self look a right prat, The 8 CD Michel Thomas gave me so much confidence, just after 1 hour, its awesome and I can send you a copy if you like.

Speaking Spanish I dont think is really difficult, its undertstanding it being spoken to you, I find that hard really do. Sometime's I have to ask people to write down what they say, then I can understand and reply, but that for me is not good enough, TVE also helps Sky 795 now, watch Espana Directo at 5.35pm every day helps so much.

The other day they showed a shark caught by humans on the coast, I think in spain many people are deaf so they shout on this program and have not subtitle's but wording to explain whats happening underneath, I find this very helpful, as the sentances are usually very simple.

I dont think going to college is any good, unless its in Spain, as in the UK you cant practice what you leant unless you have a local La Tasca, lol

I find watching Sport, especially Football in Spanish certainly helps, especially if the commentator is young, if they are old, I find them really hard to understand. The other thing that helped me as much as Michel Thomas was music, if you like Latin music, even Gipsy Kings for instance, its worth googling the lyrics printing them out, singing along and you can get some kind of understanding.

Rosetta Stone is good but its more Latin / S.American Orientated, there is a Europe Spanish one but I have not got that as of yet.

another one if your Young is Berlitz did a Cheeky CD for pulling bird's / Guy's, That can also be well helpful as they do it slow then increase the pace like the spanish speak.

Sorry if im going on one last thing, Rather than learn individual word's I think it is sometimes better to learn phrases, becuase of the speed spoken, Its like in English if you run of a sentance in normal speed its still fast to anyone who only knows indiviual words.

Michel Thomas to start with, trust me the confidence you will get from just 2 lesson's is amazing.

One last ting I will ask is does anybody find it hard to speak Spanish 1st thing in the morning, I am hopeless, turn into a nervous wreck, but come night time after a beer ect, I can go out in Sevilla and be totally understood, many times in the morning Ive orderd a cup of cold milk with a tea bag lol
Old Aug 25th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Music is the best narcotic to run alongside anything, you have to explore your genre, but you whatever age / background you are from there is something in latin you will like, and that will be a great help. Even the Black Eyed Pea's can sing in spanglish
Old Aug 25th 2007, 6:06 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Music is the best narcotic to run alongside anything, you have to explore your genre, but you whatever age / background you are from there is something in latin you will like, and that will be a great help. Even the Black Eyed Pea's can sing in spanglish
I have been too busy watching Fergie to notice. lol
Old Aug 25th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666

... TVE also helps Sky 795 now, watch Espana Directo at 5.35pm every day helps so much.
Hi andyrich666,
I agree with you on TVE(i), and, I too watched that report about the shark! As you pointed out, it's found on channel 795 now, not 802, as previously.
I'll bet you can sing and dance to the Los Lunnis song!
Regards,
Carol
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi andyrich666,
I agree with you on TVE(i), and, I too watched that report about the shark! As you pointed out, it's found on channel 795 now, not 802, as previously.
I'll bet you can sing and dance to the Los Lunnis song!
Regards,
Carol
Im so Sad I have the albulm, only because I didnt know what it was when i downloaded it, lol

Where Was the Shark captured ? I didnt see all of it
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hehehe
"Dame la mano..." I think it's on YouTube for anyone wanting the dance steps, too!
Shark was caught off Tarragona coast; unfortunately, it died.
Carol
Old Aug 25th 2007, 6:32 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

My tip would be don't think you will get very proficient with the use of tapes. They are fine for holiday use and stumbling through but there is no way you will be fluent. Enrol at your local authority classes where you will get some feedback and a bit of competition.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone tried www.sharedtalk.com run by Rosetta Stone which is a language exchange programme
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Here's an extensive list of scenarios with useful phrases:
http://www.surinenglish.com/areas.ph...%20Liz%20Parry
Carol
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:49 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunlover27
Has anyone tried www.sharedtalk.com run by Rosetta Stone which is a language exchange programme

I've clicked on the link and it looks interesting, I've put it in my favourites to look into when I have more time. Have you tried it?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

I did Lionda before I moved here and chatted to a couple of people, just haven't got round to it since, something for the winter nights I think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.