Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Learning Spanish - Your tips please :)

Learning Spanish - Your tips please :)

Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:42 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning Spanish - Your tips please :)

Originally Posted by sunlover27
I did Lionda before I moved here and chatted to a couple of people, just haven't got round to it since, something for the winter nights I think
My daughter says it looks good and she may have a go, I'll see how she gets on with it
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Heres a package that seems good,its called Instant Spanish by Elisebeth Smith,it provides a good basic vocabulary that will cover you in most situations and comes in a package of cd and book with lots of cutout flashcards which greatly aid learning.isbn no is0-340-86009-x,in case you want to look it up
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Have heard good reports about this site..might be worth a look..
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

looks good BB, try this one as well http://www.learn-spanish-online.de/:)
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

looks good BB, try this one as well http://www.learn-spanish-online.de/:)
Very interesting sunlover..only one prob..I Nien spraken de deutch...
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

oops don't know what happened there will try again http://www.learn-spanish-online.de/ if for any reason this link doesn't work again, just type in search learn spanish online and you will see the link and that works ok
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

oops don't know what happened there will try again http://www.learn-spanish-online.de/ if for any reason this link doesn't work again, just type in search learn spanish online and you will see the link and that works ok
Muy bein..gracious...
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

de nada
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Snats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura about

I've been looking at loads of these sites, tried the freebies and now keep getting discounts and more freebies offered to reel me in which are getting lower . . . and lower. It certainly pays to hold on a bit before buying.

Has anyone bought from visual link spanish (the US co.), and
a) does it turn up?
b) is it any good - the first bits helped me, but how in depth does it go?

Thanks, Nats xx

P.S. Rosetta Stone feels like being brainwashed on the trial, does that get any better or is it just flashing pictures and sentences all the way through?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Snats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura about

Oh, one more thing, has anyone tried the speekee course for kids? I've got a 4 and 5 year old to get learning, any pointers greatly appreciated,

Nats
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:52 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
we're using the roseta stone package, unfortunatly there is no easy way to learn spanish, just hard work.
I too am using the Rosetta Stone with their on line subscription - which is cheaper than buying the CDs (as both need a PC to run). It's early days but I like their 'Dynamic Submersion' technique... i.e. there is no English used at all.. It's all done with picture association, sound-bytes, repetitive learning, multi-choice answers and voice recognition... totally interactive.

www.learno.com is another interesting on-line tutorial Q&A style and free!

Remember, we all learn differently and at different paces so don't be surprised if one method doesn't work for you... don't believe those 'learn in 6 weeks' claims. It time and effort - simple !!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

This is excellent (just in case it hasn't been posted before). US Foreign Services approach to teaching Spanish. 50 hours of free lessons.

http://www.loquella.com/learn-spanish/

Used in conjunction with a dictionary or, something like freetranslation.com you'll progress rapidly if you put the hours in and do as it says.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Pimsleur Spanish is excellent, have a look on Ebay you can usually find someone in the states selling it. It consists of 3 levels with 30 lessons in each level, its great for listening to in the car and it certainly helps
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

I did this at this web site
www.speakspanishtoday.co.uk
I bought it though
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

I find listening to Los Cuarenta Principales in the background either in the house or the car helps - the ads are very repetitive and easy to follow. Not like the news stations which are really tough to follow (it's like they read a five minute news report in 60 seconds), but it's slowly getting better.

Whenever I hear a word that I've heard in conversation in the day - perhaps at school or in the street - I then try to look it up in the old diccionario as soon as I get a chance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.