Las Colinas

Old Jul 23rd 2011, 10:36 am
Just Joined

feamkt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Serious security issue!

Hi,

I have just joined this forum and unfortunately I have some bad news for all of us.

I have a flat in Bloque 11 on the top floor, facing the river, and I was very shocked to discover that someone tried to break into my lounge last week!

They somehow removed the screws that latch the 2 aluminum doors together from the outside and opened the last one.
However they must have been scared away by something because they did not break the window to get in.

What is most FRIGHTENING about this is that the only way they could get onto that balcony is from INSIDE my building!! Yes they would have to climb up the stairs to a neighbor´s rooftop terrace and jump over to my rooftop terrace. Then they just walked down the my stairs onto my balcony.

I am really disgusted by this, and I have noticed that there are a lot of people spending their holiday in Las Colinas who are not residents or owners.
I CANNOT trust any of them after this episode and this is very upsetting to me.

So please be careful who you lend or rent out your flat to, because they could be putting our property at risk. Please warn all your friends there and lets keep a lookout for strange people on balconies, especially at night.

Have a safe summer!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 10:46 am
Just Joined

feamkt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Guardia Civil bad attitude

Hi,

I just want to update you on the attempted burglary at my flat.

After informing ADA about this, they strongly suggested that I complain to the Guardia Civil.
I went there yesterday afternoon and believe me my Spanish is quite good because I do a lot of business with Spanish people.
So I tell the officer on duty that I want to make a complaint and I explained to him what happened at Las Colinas.
He told me that a colleague of his would take my statement and that I should wait outside.

After waiting 30 minutes in the searing heat I left and was totally disgusted with this bad attitude.
I have a lot of investments in Spain and I could not believe that someone who gets part of his salary from some of the taxes that I pay in Spain every year would treat me like that!
And I thought that this is a serious matter that they should investigate and do something about.

I thought that things were bad in Portugal, but somehow in Ayamonte they can be much worse...

Last edited by feamkt; Jul 23rd 2011 at 10:50 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Guardia Civil bad attitude

Originally Posted by feamkt
Hi,

After informing ADA about this, they strongly suggested that I complain to the Guardia Civil.
I went there yesterday afternoon and believe me my Spanish is quite good because I do a lot of business with Spanish people.
So I tell the officer on duty that I want to make a complaint and I explained to him what happened at Las Colinas.
He told me that a colleague of his would take my statement and that I should wait outside.

After waiting 30 minutes in the searing heat I left and was totally disgusted with this bad attitude.
I have a lot of investments in Spain and I could not believe that someone who gets part of his salary from some of the taxes that I pay in Spain every year would treat me like that!
And I thought that this is a serious matter that they should investigate and do something about.

I thought that things were bad in Portugal, but somehow in Ayamonte they can be much worse...
Hi Freamkt, and welcome to the forum and Ayamonte in Particular. Sad to say but this seems to happen every year in summer when there are many more people about. Last year the town houses suffered particularly badly there were about 30 actual robberies. There was a strong reaction against this and many complaints to the GC and the Town Hall. One of the candidates for Mayor did promise a local police presence but unfortunatly he was not sufficiently well supported to gain the office but he came very close. Maybe next time.

I understand that there are 2 CG who have bought and live up on Las Colinas so perhaps if you could engage one of those in friendly conversation they might take more interest.

We have recently formed a Residents Association on CE and one of the aims is to get a neighbourhood watch going to watch out for each other their second AGM is being held at the Golf Club on the 8th August 2011 at 6.30 for 7.30 so if you are about pop along and raise this issue if you join as a member.

Regards, John.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 4:43 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guardia Civil bad attitude

Originally Posted by feamkt
Hi,

Terrible!!

In Marina Esuri the residents agreed to install cameras that film everybody coming in/out. This can be passed at an AGM and if you have a high record of payers of the fees (not many debtors) then it can be affordable.

The sad thing is that unemployment is terrible in Spain - but Andalucia is far higher than the average. >25% youth unemployment!. Having a 'luxury development' out of town that is full of people, PC's, iphones etc in high season.... and locked up in low season, can be tempting.

There are ways in which one can increase the security too - we have nothing much to steal really except a TV which doesnt bother me, I cant see them taking our fridge .. but again its not that which bothers me. Its the potential vandalism, once they get in, that turns my stomach. We have put locks on the inside of all our shutters and a notice on the outside. But a determined thief will get in.

Also ALWAYS LOCK your front door - dont just push it closed and go. Its not that hard to get in if not.

Ive not heard much positive about the Spanish police... but I think most police forces downplay house break ins, unfortunately

Jon
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Las Colinas

Errrm, and never give out details of where your flat is and how easy it is to get into on the tinternet.